• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Moving back from UK to Stockholm

Posting big items to Sweden

Hede
post 29.Nov.2012, 10:12 AM
Post #1

Hi there ,

I am moving back from UK to Sweden and I have got a lot of items to bring back with my they are quiet heavy , I was wondering if anyone knows what they best way to send them back , the items are PC, Monitor , Printer , Tv stuff like that no big furniture's . I know a lot of you would say sell them but they are great items and I know they will cost me twice if I bought them in Sweden .
Go to the top of the page
+
skogsbo
post 29.Nov.2012, 10:37 AM
Post #2

your cheapest option is load sharing with someone else moving here. Postage won't be cheap as they are big and a little heavy, but you can go on any carrier's website yourself, put in the dimensions & weight, you'll get a price straight away.

http://apps.dhl.co.uk/cgi-bin/calc.cgi
+
Hede
post 29.Nov.2012, 10:57 AM
Post #3

Thank you ! I have seen almost all of them but they are asking for a lot of money , I mean more then the item it self . I have heard there are some big moving trucks that are cheaper but know how to find them .
+
skogsbo
post 29.Nov.2012, 11:38 AM
Post #4

it's down what the carrier calls volumetric calculations, doesn't matter how tightly you pack something, they'll then say it's heavy for its size and charge you more! Does anybody know what is considered normal density for a parcel, thus optimum size etc..?

Your only hope of getting stuff here cheaply is keep asking if anyone is moving here at the same time, your chances are low, but if you don't ask, you don....
+
nickachu
post 29.Nov.2012, 11:40 AM
Post #5

Could you not just hire a van and drive it? Or would that be much more expensive?
+
Hede
post 29.Nov.2012, 12:13 PM
Post #6

exactly , they must be 5 - 10 KG each and they are asking for 50 or 60 pounds , its a lot ,

Van cost 300 pounds or 3000kr that's without petrol money and food if you drive all the way from UK to Sweden .
+
Woww
post 29.Nov.2012, 03:38 PM
Post #7

Mail it Son.
+
Mo
post 29.Nov.2012, 04:44 PM
Post #8

this question has been asked loads of times and people have made recommendations which are much cheaper than DHL - I suggest you search either using the search button or with google or bing specifying

site:thelocal.se

at the end of your search string.
+
Hede
post 30.Nov.2012, 01:54 AM
Post #9

Mailing it would be expensive , I was at Royal Mail today and got some pricing 50-60 pound for 10KG , I think I have 50 - 60 kgs of stuff it would be very expensive .
+
Hede
post 30.Nov.2012, 01:55 AM
Post #10

the search bar doesnt work it just shows new but nothing from here or the blogs .sad.gif
+
jim747
post 1.Dec.2012, 10:31 AM
Post #11

Try looking into this lot...

http://www.parcel2go.com/?gclid=COX--tjy-LMCFc6V3god7R8AFA
+
byke
post 1.Dec.2012, 10:37 AM
Post #12

QUOTE (Hede @ 30.Nov.2012, 01:54 AM) *
Mailing it would be expensive , I was at Royal Mail today and got some pricing 50-60 pound for 10KG , I think I have 50 - 60 kgs of stuff it would be very expensive .

60kg and more importantly volume isnt small stuff TBH.
I would advise you take the boat and take it on as hand luggage.
+
Gordy
post 1.Dec.2012, 10:41 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (jim747 @ 1.Dec.2012, 10:31 AM) *

Try these also.

parcelbroker.co.uk

postagesupermarket.com

I see that postagesupermarket now have a drop off service which if it suits you can be cheaper and avoids having to wait at home for a collection.
+
Hede
post 1.Dec.2012, 01:42 PM
Post #14

great stuff thanks a lot guys I will look into them , I went to a shop yesterday and saw DHL signs on their window I though I would ask them how much it was and it was very very expensive then I asked if they knew someone who could post them cheaper , so he gave me a number for a guy and I have got their web site http://www.dolphinfreight.co.uk , check them out he gave me a quiet good price for all 60 KG and it was 120 pounds plus 20% VAT but he said if I paid him CASH he would just take 10% we know all what he means biggrin.gif. let me know if you anywhere cheaper or if want to use them check their website out .
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com