• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Dangerous people throwing snow

Strange observation

the fonz
post 10.Dec.2012, 12:49 PM
Post #1

I'm new to Sweden but luckily I have quickly found a job as a football ref. Naturally I want to practise and get in shape, so I took to jogging around Söder and Gamla Stan whist simultaneously blowing my ref's whistle at various intervals. I can only assume that referee's are not liked here because I am getting a lot of abuse from people mostly in high vis jackets.
Go to the top of the page
+
Puffin
post 10.Dec.2012, 12:53 PM
Post #2

Do you need to blow the whistle and disturb everyone's peace?
+
John.Smith
post 10.Dec.2012, 12:56 PM
Post #3

I think they are trying to tell you to blow the whistle harder and louder. I suggest that in order to avoid any annoyance that you also bring an airhorn with you on your next jog. Blow it at regular intervals preferably in the ear of any passing police man.

Let us know how you get on.
+
the fonz
post 10.Dec.2012, 01:11 PM
Post #4

I don't mind the abuse and if they simply threw the odd snowball, that's fine too. But these guys are professional, they have mates up on the rooftops throwing large amounts of snow at me but hitting innocent passers by - strange or what? wink.gif
+
johnjohn
post 10.Dec.2012, 01:23 PM
Post #5

It is certainly not the whistle blowing, who would object to that. Jogging on the other hand implies that you are in a hurry to to do something important. Rushing is like queue jumping and you must instead take a number and wait your turn.
+
Yorkshireman
post 10.Dec.2012, 02:20 PM
Post #6

Oh Dear!. They should create a law banning that, it's dangerous. In other countries they don't throw snow off the rooftop. Swedes are generally law abiding, just passing a law will make sure that doesn't happen ...and we will make sure that they are also obligated to phone/film it and report it to the police as it happens ... You should be able to jog and blow your whistle without trouble. wink.gif
+
Robert Rotabaga
post 15.Dec.2012, 12:48 PM
Post #7

Is this posting a joke? You know about not whistling in theatres? It is the same thing this, you are disturbing and interfering with an signnal system in use, "roofers" getting rid off snow on roofs and one is signalling when safe to throw the snow. Humour?
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com