• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

Homeless shelters? funding?

Where can I find them?

Coolrunnings
post 11.Dec.2012, 03:45 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (vicky7 @ 11.Dec.2012, 03:28 PM) *
Op, this reminds me of a german movie called stalingrad. Awesome war movie where the german army fights it out in the streets without food or shelter for 3 months.

Isn't stalingrad where the german army eventually died of starvation, disease and cold?
Go to the top of the page
+
Seamus Sean
post 11.Dec.2012, 03:54 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (jostein @ 11.Dec.2012, 03:29 PM) *
Well, ive been in much the same situation myself. Many years ago I did not know how to make money and it resulted in me losing 12 kg from my already slim build over the course ... (show full quote)

As I said in my post I agree with the point the guy or gal is trying to make, been there still have the tee-shirt myself.

Have know loads of fellow EU imigrants who after trying for a number of years have had to return to their homelands, it seems we are not overly welcome in Sweden, even if you do learn the lingo, I am lucky enough that I travel for my job to other lands and only use Sweden as a base, my skills are in high demand...well not in Sweden...it seems Sweden bends over backwards to help imigrants from further a field but doesn´t make things easy for us from closer to home with qualifcations and skills that would improve the country.

But I still think the OP is at it, if you are fading from hunger talking about dying in the snow etc. the survival mode kicks in and believe me, becoming a new member on an internet newspaper forum isn´t something you would be doing...ask Bear Giles! blink.gif
+
jostein
post 11.Dec.2012, 04:31 PM
Post #18

Noone is welcome in sweden. Not even Swedes.
+
nosturnal
post 11.Dec.2012, 05:40 PM
Post #19

"Given our materialistic world"

I can't remember the name of the movie maybe you can help me. The plot of the movie was. "The guy was apprehended by police which he didn't kill the family member". Finally, he was released from jail but the attention he received from media drives him to kill the family member after he was released from jail and shot him self, hoping for more media attention. Thats, the world we live in. smile.gif.
+
intrepidfox
post 11.Dec.2012, 07:24 PM
Post #20

Very interesting.
If the OP is going to be homeless then he must go to the social but i very much doubt if they will help. How do i know? I was homeless for over a year and sadly sometimes i had to sleep out, which is no fun at all and i received no help. The reason why i became homeless was because i was made redundant and just couldn´t pay the rent.

If the OP is not a Troll and being serious then contact Räddningsmissionen, Fräslingsarmen or Statsmissionen.
+
Seamus Sean
post 11.Dec.2012, 07:32 PM
Post #21

Very easy to happen and people think it will never happen to them but we are all just a few pay checks from the streets!

We haven`t heard from the OP in some time now, guess he has either staved to death in the snow or he is crawling around looking for some where to plug in his laptop! rolleyes.gif
+
intrepidfox
post 11.Dec.2012, 07:38 PM
Post #22

I agree with you. It does make you wonder how a person that is starving and broke can go on the net.
+
Seamus Sean
post 11.Dec.2012, 07:52 PM
Post #23

And only just joined up this morning???
+
John.Smith
post 11.Dec.2012, 08:03 PM
Post #24

As he had mentioned in his opening post he will have to leave his apartment in the next week thus he is not yet homeless.

Wow you bunch sure are quick to jump to conclusions. How about a bit of humanity?
+
Seamus Sean
post 11.Dec.2012, 08:18 PM
Post #25

Just be careful if someone tells you that you have just won the Nigerian lotto and they need your bank details to lodge the winnings!

The guy also says he is close to passing out from hunger...low blood pressure...dizzy spells so of course first thing you do is log on try find an internet forum and join up and start chatting to folk about it...MMmmmm...me thinks not, basic survival instincts kick in when you reach that stage of hunger.

But if you want to be soooo trusting and gulible you go right ahead...do you even play the Nigerian lotto???
+
intrepidfox
post 11.Dec.2012, 09:42 PM
Post #26

QUOTE (John.Smith @ 11.Dec.2012, 08:03 PM) *
As he had mentioned in his opening post he will have to leave his apartment in the next week thus he is not yet homeless.Wow you bunch sure are quick to jump to conclusions. H ... (show full quote)

Well John as a person that has lost his flat and been homeless in Sweden i can honestly say the OP is a troll. Where is he now. The last thing you do when you are facing eviction is to go on the net. Your out searching for a solutions instead.
+
intrepidfox
post 11.Dec.2012, 09:44 PM
Post #27

And John dont forget that you jump to conclusions all the time, An example is DNA testing your kid.
+
byke
post 11.Dec.2012, 09:47 PM
Post #28

You are referring to the wrong bloke.
If you get this simple fact wrong, what others could you have gotten wrong?
+
intrepidfox
post 11.Dec.2012, 09:53 PM
Post #29

Ok one small mistake, Are you so perfect? I very much doubt it.
+
intrepidfox
post 11.Dec.2012, 10:17 PM
Post #30

To John Smith. I appologise for my mistake i mixed up your name with Dave Smith
+

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se