• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

How to Re-register a vehicle?

Spanish to Swedish Document change

Lanza572
post 13.Dec.2012, 04:46 PM
Post #1

Hi I am new to this site, quick background. Myself (Welsh) and fiancee (Swedish) with our Son our thinking of moving to Sweden.

My question is about my motorbike which I will be bringing with me in a hope to selling it.

How would I go about transferring the registration documents from Spanish to Swedish ? ?

I bought the bike in 2007 from new and it's value is around 5,500€ (not sure if the value makes any difference) ?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Go to the top of the page
+
queenS
post 13.Dec.2012, 05:55 PM
Post #2

Here you can read more about importing a vehicle into Sweden:

http://www.transportstyrelsen.se/en/road/I...ation-of-origin

I think you might be better off selling it in Spain than bringing it here, since it will cost you to re-register it or if you sell it as Spanish, you will most probably not get the same price as you would for the same motorcycle bought in Sweden. And it will also cost you to transport it from Spain to Sweden.
+
Lanza572
post 14.Dec.2012, 12:13 AM
Post #3

Thanks for the reply. I have been trying to sell the bike on numerous sites for the last 2 years, all I got was people offering to swap cars or other bikes for mine. Hence trying my luck in Sweden.

The transport costs aren't that bad as the bike would be in a container with all our possessions, yes I would lose a bit off the sale price, but it wouldn't bother me as I just want the bike sold for a reasonable price/loss.

My Son has just turned 2 years old...the bike I have was made to be ridden on the limits and I don't ride it like that anymore, so it's not much fun.

Time to move on now that I'm a daddy ;-)

I was thinking of riding to our new house and going from there as my insurance from here would cover it. Then have the bike number plate assigned etc. I have the certificate of road worthiness until 2014 (MOT/ITV) so that would be ok.

I checked the link, but it doesn't say much about the cost of the plates etc ? I may have missed it ? ?
+
Lanza572
post 14.Dec.2012, 12:15 AM
Post #4

Ah, just seen it just over 70€ :-)
+
Rick Methven
post 14.Dec.2012, 10:25 AM
Post #5

A MC in Sweden is a strictly summer time vehicle and a super bike is not really much use on Swedish roads with the speed limits. Insurance is also very expensive for a bike especially a performance bike.
+
Pursuivant
post 14.Dec.2012, 03:40 PM
Post #6

The only paperwork you may not have right at hand is the EU certificate (from the dealer) that the bike conforms to EU rules & so forth... otherwise its a pretty straightforward process.
+
Lanza572
post 14.Dec.2012, 06:21 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Rick Methven @ 14.Dec.2012, 09:25 AM) *
A MC in Sweden is a strictly summer time vehicle and a super bike is not really much use on Swedish roads with the speed limits. Insurance is also very expensive for a bike es ... (show full quote)

I am hoping for some 'young gun' to buy it :-)

QUOTE (Pursuivant @ 14.Dec.2012, 02:40 PM) *
The only paperwork you may not have right at hand is the EU certificate (from the dealer) that the bike conforms to EU rules & so forth... otherwise its a pretty straightforward process.

I may have that, we receive two documents when we get a vehicle over here, hopefully I will have it. In failing that I think it's straight forward process to request one, just takes some time :-)

Thanks again for the advices :-)
+
John.Smith
post 13.Mar.2013, 09:40 AM
Post #8

Having imported a bike myself, the process is simple and cheap. There is a demand for sports bikes here but as mentioned, it is a seasonal market. Try selling it from now onwards (Spring), that is when the demand picks up.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com