• Sweden's news in English

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    Reply to this topic

'Bad apples soured Instagram sex protest'

TL censurship of comments and bad reportage

byke
post 20.Dec.2012, 02:55 AM
Post #31

According to reports, a 17 year old girl called EBBA was taken in for questioning.
In regards to suspicion that she was the main suspect behind the latest social media postings.

Ebba, who's father (Kenneth) both share names that wouldnt suggest them being "ethnically impure" in regards to those claiming all these issues were brought upon non ethnically pure Swedes.

It will be interesting to see how the far right supporters will address this.
Go to the top of the page
+
byke
post 20.Dec.2012, 04:10 AM
Post #32

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article15951154.ab
+
Yorkshireman
post 20.Dec.2012, 09:38 AM
Post #33

Jeez ... why is this turning into a race issue???

It is teens and modern day technology ...when I was at school we used to pass notes to each other, or discuss it in the common room ...any girl that had sex with more than 1 guy was called easy, and those were the ones that all the other boys wanted to know about wink.gif ...whilst the girls would call anyone that stole their boyfriend a slut! TEENS! Behaviour hasn't changed, but technology has!

I am certainly glad that the technologies that exist today were NOT around then ...Wow!, none of us would have wanted our parents to know what we were really doing ...and parents knew anyway, because they had also been teens, just turned a blind eye!

As a parent now, I certainly don't want to know biggrin.gif, or interfere, with what my kids as teens, it's part of growing and learning ...but, I am concerned over the new technologies and the problems silly-teen-things uploaded to the net may have on their future since there is difficulty erasing them ...I try as best possible to educate/guide them into understanding the issues, and keep their sillyness OFF the Net.
+
John.Smith
post 20.Dec.2012, 09:58 AM
Post #34

It's a race issue for people who only focus in on race. It's not the first time teens have acted like idiots and certainly will not be the last time.

I recall recently there was a school in Sundsvall where girls there were sending naked pictures of themselves to boys and all the girls were (rightly) upset over this considering the nature of the pics and age of the kids involved. I am quite sure that certain people would have found a 'race' issue on that story too if any of the boys who released the pics were not ethnic Swedes.
+
Yorkshireman
post 20.Dec.2012, 10:09 AM
Post #35

I am reminded of a speaker that I heard some time ago...

As a human race, together, we will advance scientifically, we will breakdown the borders between countries, we will reach equality, we will create world peace and harmony, we will stabalise the worlds economy and bring prosperity to all, we will discover the fundamentals and create clean-longlasting-energy, we will travel beyond our planet to establish colonies on other worlds ...but despite all our advances as humans, in society and science ...We Will as Parents, NEVER be able to stop teenagers having sex.
biggrin.gif
+
Migga
post 20.Dec.2012, 10:54 AM
Post #36

QUOTE (byke @ 20.Dec.2012, 02:55 AM) *
According to reports, a 17 year old girl called EBBA was taken in for questioning. In regards to suspicion that she was the main suspect behind the latest social media posting ... (show full quote)

I don`t know where you get that kind of information, it sure isn`t from the link you posted. Ebba, 16 years old, is one of the victims and no the name Kenneth Thilly doesn`t suggest him being an ethnic Swede.

The one that has been pointed out as the suspect and who was taken in by the police for her own security was this bosnian girl; http://www.nattstad.se/mexy
+
John.Smith
post 20.Dec.2012, 11:02 AM
Post #37

QUOTE (Migga @ 20.Dec.2012, 10:54 AM) *
was this bosnian girl; http://www.nattstad.se/mexy

Don't you mean Swedish girl? Or is her passport and place of birth irrelevant?
+
Puffin
post 20.Dec.2012, 11:41 AM
Post #38

QUOTE (jostein @ 20.Dec.2012, 01:38 AM) *
As to Puffin, you are happy to criticize others. But what do YOU say about second generation MENA kids rioting in accordance with the warped sexual morality that exist in MENA ... (show full quote)

Wow someone certainly yanked your chain - I said no such thing

I was speaking as a mother of teenagers who does does not see the cyber sexual abuse of minor girls as OK

Nor do I see the need to whip up racial hatred over every issu just because some of the involved may have had grandparents not born in Sweden

But then again someone influenced by people like you attacked my 12 year old daughter for being half British and demanded that she "go home"
+
Migga
post 20.Dec.2012, 01:48 PM
Post #39

QUOTE (John.Smith @ 20.Dec.2012, 11:02 AM) *
Don't you mean Swedish girl? Or is her passport and place of birth irrelevant?

Yeah sorry, swedish. I got confused after reading some of her posts about her hatred towards the country that took her and her parents in when they fled the war. It gave me the perception that she doesn`t identify as swedish.
+
John.Smith
post 20.Dec.2012, 04:00 PM
Post #40

WTF? ... What planet are you living on? You have made it very clear that it is you who does not either see or accept her as being Swedish.
+
byke
post 20.Dec.2012, 04:12 PM
Post #41

QUOTE (Migga @ 20.Dec.2012, 01:48 PM) *
Yeah sorry, swedish. I got confused after reading some of her posts about her hatred towards the country that took her and her parents in when they fled the war. It gave me th ... (show full quote)

Just wanted to clear something up with you.
You do understand that "Sweden" is not a physical person, but simply a mass of land.

Many years ago, I fled from internet provider Tele2 (Dial up) - and the only company that would be willing to help was Comhem (UPC at the time) Since the building we were in was landlocked to this provider.

We had a reciprocal agreement, they had certain terms of service they would supply - and I had the responsibility to ensure that payments were maintained and laws were followed.

Unfortunately, while I maintained my side of the bargain and continued payments and followed local laws.
However, UPC didnt seem to maintain a similar level of respect. And the service agreement that was made, seem to be often flaunted by the service provider.

After time I became quite disillusional with the service provider I had made the deal with and became quite outspoken about the service and its failures after numerous attempts as seeking problems repaired. As it didn't live up to the agreement. Nor did it seem to improve after spending lots of time invested with employees in an attempt to make it better service.

But just because I didnt agree with the management, and how things were operating.
Didnt mean I had a personal vendetta to the thousands of customers who also used the service.
It simply meant I felt the quality of service was not up to standard, and I had invested lots of time and money in an attempt to see it become better - blind faith if you will.

Yes I could have left UPC, but I had no where else to go as they had an exclusive right to the building in which I was in.
So my hands were tied, I couldnt change to another operator - and I was still being abused as a paying customer.
So any vocal criticism I made, I felt was now my right.

But such criticism was not against the customers who also used the service (Well maybe one or two who hogged bandwidth with their p 2 p stuff) But the company itself which was taking my money and time but not returning a service of adequate quality.

Now imagine if shareholders in UPC started making personal attacks against myself and justifying the terms of service simply because I had moved over from Tele2 at one point.
+
Hede
post 20.Dec.2012, 06:08 PM
Post #42

no jobs , economic crises , racism rising , ppl pointing at each other instead of finding out what the problem is . but you also find out what real Sweden about when all these things happens , like they never hit women or killed anyone just look back on your history don't be ignorant .
+
Hede
post 20.Dec.2012, 07:19 PM
Post #43

QUOTE (byke @ 20.Dec.2012, 03:12 PM) *
Just wanted to clear something up with you.You do understand that "Sweden" is not a physical person, but simply a mass of land.Many years ago, I fled from internet p ... (show full quote)

I feel you man ! the personal number is their key to you got that number if you do anything against the law they will ban you from anything forever . your issue will come up every time for search for a job or something .
+
Taxalien
post 21.Dec.2012, 12:22 AM
Post #44

I don't understand you who defend anyones right to riot on the street.

The issue isn't whether some Swedish ethnic super viking chick posted a lot of allegations and slander on the Internet.

The issue is that those who took offense didn't go to the police to report it, or contacted a lawyer to sue the crap out of whomever who did so.

The issue is that instead they took to the streets and tried to exact street justice.

That in my point of view is not a value we have in Sweden. We have a court system for this type of thing.

Use it.
+
SergioSver
post 21.Dec.2012, 04:07 AM
Post #45

The issue is that those who took offense didn't go to the police to report it, or contacted a lawyer to sue the crap out of whomever who did so.

The issue is that instead they took to the streets and tried to exact street justice.

That in my point of view is not a value we have in Sweden

This is exactly what happened during numerous confrontation between for instance Firman boys and Swedish police:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnVDC75wo0s

Or Wiseman confrontation with it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_AeV7VAfGI

What you would be able to see is that a group of blond, white, locally raised ethnic Swedes managed to create disturbances on the street, attack and fight the police and set fire to this place or another.

Did they forget that they needed to go to the police instead of attacking and running from it? Could not they know that they needed to sue other guys, if God forbid they offended them? What happened to those Swedish values in this case????

Ah…but why should we pay any attention to their ethnicity, we just need to call them “rioters”- this is the name that should be used when ethnic Swedes attack the police.

Another name –“immigrants” should be used when "non-ethnic" Swedes in the same cities, possibly even the same places and the same streets have confrontation with the same police.

In short if it was done by the Swedes it was done by the “rioters”, but when it was done by non-ethnic Swedes it was done by “ immigrants”.

Am I reading some comments right or they have very deep meaning that somehow eluded me????
+

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply
Counselling and Psychotherapy in English
Sometimes living in another culture can cause stress, confusion and feelings of sadness and loneliness. Talking to a professional psychotherapist/counsellor might help you. I am a UKCP Reg. psychotherapist. My practice is in Södermalm, Stockholm.
Contact me to discuss your options