• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »    Reply to this topic

'Bad apples soured Instagram sex protest'

TL censurship of comments and bad reportage

jostein
post 21.Dec.2012, 09:29 PM
Post #61

I mean. Why is it so important to you that your granddaughter is considered 100% swedish? Do you dispise the ethnicity of your son? Do you think being 100% swedish is more valuable than being 50% swedish and 50% something else? Not hardly? Or is it important to you that all people should be able to wear ethnicity like a cloak they can choose and pick each morning? Dont you realize that you by getting so upset by someone else having a different opinion than yourself about the ethnicity of your granddaughter, you prove the importance and "weight" of a persons ethnic identity?

I dont want to be rude to you Rick. But you dont seem like a well read man. And you do not seem like a man who did much thinking for himself. Why cant you just be a bit more humble? Like, why do you feel the need to brutalize a perfectly viable and thoughtful position on guns-democracy? You might not agree but why do you disagree so disrespectfully? Dont you realize it only makes yourself look arrogant and ignorant?

To ME, swedish ethnicity is more valuable than people of non swedish ethnicity. Because i want sweden to remain swedish. And because im closer related to swedes than to other people. I naturally feel more lojalty and goodwill to members of my own people. Why is that a problem to you? Why is that strange and threatening to you? Do you even know yourself?
Go to the top of the page
+
Hisingen
post 22.Dec.2012, 12:19 AM
Post #62

As things are in this day and age, it can be questioned who is truly ethnic. Pretty well all countries have had immigrants at some time or other in their history. Immigrants who have produced off-spring in the new country. At a guess there are very, very few who can claim to be 100% Swedes, Brits, or whatever.
So - what is ethnicity? I consider myself to be a Brit, but my surname - a tradename - originates in France, but has existed in Britain since at least the 13th century. So - I have a British passport. I was born in Britain, but from whom am I a descendant? So far I have traced my family back to 1699, all born in Britain. But before then?
The argument is one that has no answer. We take the nationality of the country in which we were born usually. Beyond that, it is a matter for discussion - but not argument, since you can argue your ethnicity until the cows come home, but you won't be any wiser after it all. Many Brits have Roman blood, others have Viking blood, whilst others have - you name it, and they will have it.
Happy Christmas to all, simmer down and enjoy the holiday and see what the New Year brings.
Wouldn't it be nice if it brought Peace - but that is rather a forlorn hope.

smile.gif
smile.gif
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 22.Dec.2012, 01:12 AM
Post #63

Peace!...On this forum?...Why spoil the fun!

Why is it that Byke is always the first person to use the word racist...when he who is of ??? ethnicity constantly denigrates Sweden and it's people...he is the most racist poster here...if people posted the same things about his people??? he would certainly condemn them as the most foul, vile racists of all time.

I have have taken the liberty, previously to coin a new word akin to racism...

Ladies and gentleman I again accuse Byke of practicing...Bykeism!

...So there!

Peace! laugh.gif
+
entry
post 22.Dec.2012, 07:37 AM
Post #64

A racist today is anyone that does not embrace the left wing nuts' distorted view on life.
+
Yorkshireman
post 22.Dec.2012, 09:37 AM
Post #65

QUOTE (Hisingen @ 22.Dec.2012, 12:19 AM) *
The argument is one that has no answer. We take the nationality of the country in which we were born usually. Beyond that, it is a matter for discussion - but not argument, si ... (show full quote)

Groupings by ethnicity change over time it our nature to change those groupings as we move and change social groups. Max Weber is recognised as one of the first to use the term ethnic group:

Those human groups that entertain a subjective belief in their common descent because of similarities of physical type or of customs or both, or because of memories of colonization and migration; this belief must be important for group formation; furthermore it does not matter whether an objective blood relationship exists.

QUOTE (entry @ 22.Dec.2012, 07:37 AM) *
A racist today is anyone that does not embrace the left wing nuts' distorted view on life.

One forgets that there are natural processes within Us that also drive behaviour, there is the human psychological elements that are often over-looked. Typical racism for the self is often driven by one or more of the below:

- Boosting ones own self-esteem by feeling superior.
- Needing to feel part of a social group and being seen in a positive light within that group, achieved by consistantly showing that our group is more important and significant. @j's comment "members of my own people" is a classic example of this in action. These days are numbered though, as Sweden becomes more diverse, social groupings will indeed change and they will become more inclusive than exclusive ...those older social groupings and opinions will fade away ...but it takes time.
- Have a need for structure and clarity in how their world looks. they feel threatened by change, racist behaviour is an attempt to restore their very rigid belief system about the world.
- It is classic animal social hierachy behaviour, they have a need to feel dominant and at the top of the social heirachy.
- Darwin in action ...their social group feels threatened and they feel the need to fight for resources, be it food, water, money, jobs, land etc. Unfortunately the human brain has developed over time to respond to threats in this natural way. The only way we can progress is to have belief systems that reject the natural inclination to hold negative beliefs about those that are different than Us ...something that many of Us in varying degrees are not too good at!
+
frenchviking
post 22.Dec.2012, 09:53 AM
Post #66

Hello all!
I also wanted to express my views on this topic... The instagram issue...
At first i did not care... I thought well, a bunch of teenagers full of hormones posted crap on each other and then got angry... What's new? One more riot is not going to impress a french man! smile.gif (unfortunately)
Then yesterday i found out that that poor girl, who it turns out was innocent, was actually beaten up by several guys!!! What the hell!?!?
And peoplefocus on so many things... But this part is forgotten... Why ?
I don't care if those bstards who beat her up are green purple or blue! I want them named and punished! And if they are not swedish citizens, for instance if they are french, i want them sent back to whereever the hell they are from!
That sort of behavior cannot be tolerated!
+
Rick Methven
post 22.Dec.2012, 10:57 AM
Post #67

QUOTE (jostein @ 21.Dec.2012, 09:29 PM) *
I mean. Why is it so important to you that your granddaughter is considered 100% swedish? Do you dispise the ethnicity of your son? Do you think being 100% swedish is more val ... (show full quote)

It does not bother me that my granddaughter not being 100% Swedish, her mix of Scandinavian and Asian makes her much more beautiful with her olive skin than the pale washed out Swedish children. What does bother me is the people who would deny her the right to be Swedish. At the moment she is too young to know that there are people like you who will only accept pure Vikings as Swedes, even though there are people who are born and bred in Sweden, are fully integrated into the Swedish culture and know nothing of the culture of their parents country of origin.

And the basis of your discrimination is always skin colour, as this is the only way you can differentiate between your true native Swedes and second generation Swedes who are hold the same values, speak the language with the same regional accent and engage in the same cultural activities as "true Swedes" but have a darker skin colour.

I dont want to be rude to you Rick. But you dont seem like a well read man. And you do not seem like a man who did much thinking for himself. Why cant you just be a bit more humble? Like, why do you feel the need to brutalize a perfectly viable and thoughtful position on guns-democracy? You might not agree but why do you disagree so disrespectfully? Dont you realize it only makes yourself look arrogant and ignorant?

You very obviously DID want to be rude to me laugh.gif

However I will not lower myself into entering into a slanging match on educational standards, with a person who has no ability to understand.

To ME, swedish ethnicity is more valuable than people of non swedish ethnicity. Because i want sweden to remain swedish. And because im closer related to swedes than to other people. I naturally feel more lojalty and goodwill to members of my own people.

What are you going to do when Crown Princess Victoria becomes Queen?

Horror of Horrors, Sweden ruled by someone who is only 50% Swedish

Time for you and your ilk to accept that you are cultural dinosaurs who are living in a dream world of a mono-ethnic Swedish society that is long gone never to return.
+
Migga
post 22.Dec.2012, 11:51 AM
Post #68

QUOTE (Rick Methven @ 22.Dec.2012, 10:57 AM) *
It does not bother me that my granddaughter not being 100% Swedish, her mix of Scandinavian and Asian makes her much more beautiful with her olive skin than the pale washed out Swedish children.

That`s the most racist thing that`s been said in this thread.
+
jostein
post 22.Dec.2012, 12:36 PM
Post #69

QUOTE (Rick Methven @ 22.Dec.2012, 09:57 AM) *
It does not bother me that my granddaughter not being 100% Swedish, her mix of Scandinavian and Asian makes her much more beautiful with her olive skin than the pale washed out Swedish children.

Hm. In light of this comment. Maybe we should just stop throwing the "racist" card about in this discussion. Anyway, im happy for you and i tend to agree. Scandinavians + asian makes for very beutiful people.

What does bother me is the people who would deny her the right to be Swedish. At the moment she is too young to know that there are people like you who will only accept pure V ... (show full quote)

I agree it is cruel and hard. But i cannot choose and pick what i perceive as truth. There are so many truths about myself, my culture, the world, life, human nature etcetera that i wish were not so. But its not a choice. It just is. Your granddaughter will have to find her own way in life. Just like your sons. I bet hers will be easier, even if the times are harder.

Time for you and your ilk to accept that you are cultural dinosaurs who are living in a dream world of a mono-ethnic Swedish society that is long gone never to return.

I wholeheartedly agree. As ive said many many times on theLocal. Political struggle is meaningless. The swedish state is so rotten that trying to control it is pointless. Swedish society does not exist, what does exist are societies in sweden. What us Swedes need to do is to learn from successful cultures and change our failed culture accordingly.
Take the Gypsy people for example. They have been hated and despised for over a thousand years. Persecuted and harassed and killed and progromed. And apparently they bring very little of value to others, thats their reputation anyway. Yet they survive. And expand. I think us swedes could learn very much from the Gypsies. Im especially interested in their court-system.
Or take the Jewish people for example. They are probably the most successful people in the worlds history. What do they know that we dont? What can we learn from them? Why did the kibutz initiative fail? Could it be made to work? Personally, im a great fan of the analysis that their religion is based on and would like to see a swedish adaptation.
Or take these colonists that people like you are so happy to establish here in sweden. The ME cultures have existed in very hard and merciless competition against one another for milennia. They have developed cultural weapons that are truly aweinspiring in their effectiveness and brutality. Being sentimental i would not advocate copying most aspects of these various tribal cultures, be they muslim or not. They are to opressive, to misogynist, to conservative, for my taste. But we certainly need to find soloutions to the same problems that the ME cultures solve in their own unattractive(to me) ways.
+
frenchviking
post 22.Dec.2012, 01:20 PM
Post #70

@ jostein

I agree with most of your latest post...

Actually what scares me is the way multiculturalism is dealt with in middle eastern countries... it usually ends with blood...
So when middle east people come to western europe, there are things I want them to adapt to... I don't want to end in civil war here where my home is.

I am open to anyone, I don't care about skin colour, I am very happy to mix with people from different origins and cultures, actually I love travelling and finding out about other people.
What I do not want is people who hurt others, take advantage of others or spread chaos...

And I am pretty annoyed with having to pay for people who cheat the system, again no matter where they are from or what skin colour they have... I am fed up when I have to pay to go to the dentist with the taxes we pay in this country... because some bums, whether they are swedish or french or other, are taking advantage of the system...

feels good to say this loud! and I am not ashamed of it!
+
jostein
post 22.Dec.2012, 01:35 PM
Post #71

Well, frenchviking, i think you agree with the SD, not with my perspective. I truly am what swedish media calls a racist. I care how much im related to another person. I think that ethnocentricism is natural, and in most regards unavoidable. I believe that blood is more important than culture. The reason i want us Swedes to revolutionize our culture is so it provides more survivability in this multicultural mayhem that has been foisted upon us. I believe that a cultures main function is to help a people reproduce and maintain its integrity.

To me, when i read swedish history i feel "we" "us", i feel kindered with my ancestors. When i look at old buildings i feel "my heritage" "our buildings".
Compare that to someone who is not of swedish blood, no matter how adapted he is to the modern western culture? First off, unless he is a nerd, he wont read swedish history at all and if he did he would feel "them". When he looks at our buildings he will see bricks and building materials. Its an altogether more shallow and rootless world.

Just an illustration. No harm in the SD, culture-perspective. Its just not my perspective.
+
byke
post 22.Dec.2012, 02:29 PM
Post #72

Does anyone here have any stats clearly showing that this so called "ethnicity" population?
Ethnicity which hasn't been mongrelised to prove it can define its views as that of "Swedish".

As otherwise, this definition of being so called true Swedish, while representing a minority would be a false claim. A false claim that holds a minority in a political democracy.

The term ethnicity and heritage seems to be lost in many people's minds.
And then often falsely associated with a political idealism of national identity which in many ways is a fraud.

But like I say, if any "Ethnics" can show some stats of so called pure genes in regards to population representation. Then I will gladly take a look.

But given the population growth and diversity in the gene pool over the past 60 years, this terminology of claiming to associate said pure groups of being true "Swedish" is a fallacy. As Sweden has chosen and defined this path of what it takes to be Swedish through political choices in this time which in turn has made Sweden what it is today.
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 22.Dec.2012, 03:36 PM
Post #73

The gene pool is always changing. I think what defines ethnicity is rather heritage and culture, and the two affect each other. It is a human trait to feel more connected to people that share the same values and background, i.e. ethnicity, and it takes a few generations before that happens.

For example, I doubt that many second generation immigrants feel that they have common heritage with for example fourth generation immigrants; it takes a few generations to feel that you belong to a certain ethnic group.
+
byke
post 22.Dec.2012, 03:47 PM
Post #74

But heritage and culture is ever changing also.
So this idealism of trying to associate it with a national identity is redundant.

As a nations history and political choices are what makes and effects those who are classed with such identity.

What makes a person "Swedish" in this day and age, is citizenship.
Heritage and culture may help create a social identity within minority groups.
However these groups are exactly that, a minority.

But what defines "Swedish" is a majority, and this is ascertained through citizenship.
Irrespective of gene pool, creed, Skin colour or cultural influences.
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 22.Dec.2012, 03:58 PM
Post #75

Of course heritage and culture is changing just like the gene pool. My point is that is takes a few generations before people feel that they have a common heritage and culture, and once you have this common ground you can start to talk about a common ethnicity. It has nothing to do with minority of majority.

You are right that a Swede is defined by citizenship, but you cannot deny that ethnic Swedes, i.e. those that have lived in Sweden for a couple of generations, consider themselves closer to other ethnic Swedes.
+

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN