• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Help with Job Contract

Which is best?

jackityjack
post 22.Dec.2012, 09:58 AM
Post #1

I have been offered a job recently (after a period of unemployment) which is not 100% (not 40 hour per week every week). Since the workload is seasonal some months are 100% and others 50% for a annual average of 70%.

My contract recently arrived for signing and I was surprised to see the salary is paid out in that same rhythm (some months 100%, some 50%...) instead of simply paying out the average per month (which makes it easier to budget and plan).

The contract is a 'tillsvidare' with a trial period until August.

I'm thinking it makes sense to simply work out the average monthly salary, average monthly/weekly hours and contract and pay in accordance with that.

Or am I missing something? Which do you think is to my advantage? Does it affect future a-kassa etc?

Thanks
Go to the top of the page
+
Yorkshireman
post 23.Dec.2012, 10:57 AM
Post #2

Your prospective employer has done that for a reason, don't forget that they also as a company have to plan and budget so for them to be accurate it requires them to do it this way, showing the reality.

In addition to that, for those periods where you are working 50% You are entitled to register as unemployed 50% and receive unemployment benefits (if entitled), but the condition is that you are looking for and available to work for that %age you are not employed. If the employer averaged it at 70%, then during periods where you are 100% you may end up with difficulties since you would technically say you were 30% available, but are not.

Does the job start in February?, if the trial period is until August then 6 months (maximum allowed) trial period would have to start in February? Or are they taking into account a supposed 4 weeks off in summer before trial period ends??
+
Kibiri
post 23.Dec.2012, 12:17 PM
Post #3

What happens if the supposed 70% average work becomes, lets say, 80%? Is that clear in the contract, or did you talk about it with the employer?
+
jackityjack
post 23.Dec.2012, 08:56 PM
Post #4

The job starts Jan 14th. And it's stated in the contract that the months May - Aug as well as Dec will be 100% and all other 50%.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN