• Sweden's news in English

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

BBC iplayer radio

New interface is crap

Essingen
post 25.Dec.2012, 02:32 PM
Post #1

Has anyone else any experience of the new BBC iplayer interface for radio. As you know, whilst TV has never been available for use here in Sweden, the radio service has always been OK. Recently you are asked if your want to go to their new interface for radio. If you accept, you get to an interface which, in my humble opinion, is no better than the excellent on that they already had. At least on my ipad, nothing then works because when I try to play a programme it tells me to use a WIFI connection as streaming via 3g is not currently allowed. However, I get the message when I am already using a WIFI connection.
Go to the top of the page
+
Hede
post 25.Dec.2012, 09:36 PM
Post #2

If you want to lessen to radio download the Tuneln Radio its a great app free one and paid one , you could watch any radio station in the world . never used the radio on iPlayer I only watch Click and some other programs on it .
+
Essingen
post 26.Dec.2012, 09:13 AM
Post #3

It is indeed...the best SEK 7 I have ever spent on an app. Unfortunately it has one or two minor problems though. Sometimes it buffers and goes back to the beginning of the programme and then it doesn't allow fast forwarding. But in all other respects you are correct, it is great.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply
Counselling and Psychotherapy in English
Sometimes living in another culture can cause stress, confusion and feelings of sadness and loneliness. Talking to a professional psychotherapist/counsellor might help you. I am a UKCP Reg. psychotherapist. My practice is in Södermalm, Stockholm.
Contact me to discuss your options