• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Skattevarken rule will allow me this?

Can I apply my SN during my 3 months visit?

Mikersson
post 26.Dec.2012, 10:44 PM
Post #1

Hello everybody.

Can I during my 3 months visit to my girlfriend in Sweden to apply to Skattevaken to get my 4 digits Security Number and can pay my regular taxes as a Graphic designer/web designer/fine artist or do I need to find first at all an employer to can get registered?

I know that after to find an employer this have to send my contract to skattervarken then get it back and finally send it to me to can apply to the embassy in Peru (where I am right now). But I also got told I could apply once Im in Stockholm by going to register in Skattervarken and say IM free lance and want to be registered to can pay my taxes and get my SN.

Cold you give me a hint please? I have been in skandinavia severla times during 3 months each time and I have never had a problem to visit and the lenght of time of my visit, but now I just wanna stay legally paying my taxes.

Thank you so much.
Go to the top of the page
+
Case officer
post 26.Dec.2012, 11:11 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (Mikersson @ 26.Dec.2012, 10:44 PM) *
Can I during my 3 months visit to my girlfriend in Sweden to apply to Skattevaken to get my 4 digits Security Number and can pay my regular taxes as a Graphic designer/web des ... (show full quote)

You must have permission or a permit to live in Sweden for the next 360 days to be issued a personal number. Otherwise it may be possible to apply for a coordination number (samordningsnummer) in order to pay taxes.
+
Mikersson
post 26.Dec.2012, 11:36 PM
Post #3

Thank you for your soon answer.
Could I open a bank account with that? what I readed is that with the samordningsnummer I'll not be entitled to get any official recognition for the healthcare and I have to still pay in my private insurance.. sad...
+
Case officer
post 26.Dec.2012, 11:48 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Mikersson @ 26.Dec.2012, 11:36 PM) *
Could I open a bank account with that?

As far as I understand Swedish banks will ask to see your Swedish ID card with a full personal number if you want to open an account. Can somebody on this forum verify this?
+
Yorkshireman
post 27.Dec.2012, 01:11 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (Mikersson @ 26.Dec.2012, 10:44 PM) *
Cold you give me a hint please? I have been in skandinavia severla times during 3 months each time and I have never had a problem to visit and the lenght of time of my visit, ... (show full quote)

It is a bit confusing what You write. If I understand correctly You are actually saying that You want to become a resident in Sweden? That is not done by registering for taxes. You need to apply for a residency permit, based either upon employment (even self-employed) or relationship. Since you are free-lance, then you will have to meet all the requirements to be granted a permit as self-employed, and that also means having enough funds to support yourself for 2 years, excluding any money your business makes. It is more likely that you should apply for a permit based upon relationship. Applying to pay taxes just means you will pay taxes on income earned in Sweden, but does not give you the right to live here.
+
Mikersson
post 27.Dec.2012, 06:16 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (Yorkshireman @ 27.Dec.2012, 12:11 AM) *
...and that also means having enough funds to support yourself for 2 years, excluding any money your business makes. It is more likely that you should apply for a permit based ... (show full quote)

Well... based on relationship probable it means that I have to live together in advance during 2 years... then nothhing about what I'm askingh for will have sense as we are in a relationship 9 months ago, and even we are looking forward to get married doesnt grant me any residence permission, At the end is much better. I apply for a Schengen VISA as I have done before and ask in skattervarken this and that.

I want to thank you all of you who have answer my questions, iy is a nice surprise to find sucxh answerrs few hours after I posted.

Thank you again!
+
johnjohn
post 27.Dec.2012, 10:03 AM
Post #7

I think you want to be dealing with migrationsverket not skatteverket and yes you can be granted a sambo visa without first having lived together.
+
Johno
post 27.Dec.2012, 10:24 AM
Post #8

As far as I understand Swedish banks will ask to see your Swedish ID card with a full personal number if you want to open an account. Can somebody on this forum verify this?

There are plenty of non resident cottage owners like myself who have bank accounts in Sweden through which they pay their bills. To get a bank account you have to show need and funds and preferably be introduced by a Swede, its at their discretion. Of course being resident, having a PN and a job makes it ever more likely that they will let you open an account, but its still at their discretion.
+
Yorkshireman
post 27.Dec.2012, 10:25 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (Mikersson @ 27.Dec.2012, 06:16 AM) *
Well... based on relationship probable it means that I have to live together in advance during 2 years... then nothhing about what I'm askingh for will have sense as we ar ... (show full quote)

Skatteverket cannot give you the permit to live in Sweden, You certainly will not get a normal personnummer as they are granted only for residents, ie. You are entered into the population register. In addition to that, a so called Schengen Visa is not a Work Permit! So by working and then registering to pay taxes would clearly show that You have broken your visa terms and conditions, which will reflect negatively on furture applications.

The fact that You have a relationship with a Swedish Citizen? and have travelled and stayed with that person on a number of occassions during 9 months? ...actually puts you in a very positive light and the chances for a UT (temporary permit) based upon relationship is very high, assuming that you would live together upon arrival. After 2 years that would be converted to a PUT, permanent residency permit. You do not have to have lived together beforehand.
+
Mikersson
post 27.Dec.2012, 12:50 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (johnjohn @ 27.Dec.2012, 09:03 AM) *
I think you want to be dealing with migrationsverket not skatteverket and yes you can be granted a sambo visa without first having lived together.

Sambo VISA? never heard about it.
+
Mikersson
post 27.Dec.2012, 12:59 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (Yorkshireman @ 27.Dec.2012, 09:25 AM) *
Skatteverket cannot give you the permit to live in Sweden, You certainly will not get a normal personnummer as they are granted only for residents, ie. You are entered into th ... (show full quote)

Yorkshireman thank you in advance.
Just a mistake, my gf is Finnish but living in Sweden since her family moved to Sweden when she was 4 years old. She has studied and worked always in Sweden but still have her finnish passport.
not been living together during the 9 months, just in my home abroad, but I mean I have been in Sweden making tourism, and other scandinavian countries several times without but never working. And In not trying to work under law, I dont want to get kicked out for a some stupidit, I just want to get my residence in a legal and proper way. Maybe applying in the embassy in my country as a fiancé or for getting married is going to be the best way to obtain the residence get my ID, work propetly and paying my taxes regulary. Dont you think?. Im reading migrationsverket website and some info is not detailed as I have to ask to the embassy.
+
Puffin
post 27.Dec.2012, 02:23 PM
Post #12

Your best way of moving to Sweden is to apply for a family ties residence permit based on your relationship with a Nordic citizen from your own country - this would be the best way to go about it - you cannot bypass the step of being granted formal permission to live here by registering with the tax office you have to have an immigration permit first.

As previous posters have said you will be granted a 2 year permit that will be made permanent after 2 years of living together

Then when you move to Sweden you register with the tax office and will get your final 4 numbers
+
johnjohn
post 27.Dec.2012, 03:12 PM
Post #13

Go to www.migrationsverket.se and click on moving to someone in Sweden. It is actually earlier and faster in that the person you plan to marry or live with is not Swedish. It should be very simple to get residence. You however will be unable to claim certain benefits.
+
Mikersson
post 27.Dec.2012, 03:35 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (Puffin @ 27.Dec.2012, 01:23 PM) *
Your best way of moving to Sweden is to apply for a family ties residence permit based on your relationship with a Nordic citizen from your own country - this would be the bes ... (show full quote)

Perfectly understood. Puffin.
I wanna thank all of you who gave me a light in my concern.
Happy New year and Success in your targets!
+
Mikersson
post 27.Dec.2012, 05:39 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (johnjohn @ 27.Dec.2012, 02:12 PM) *
Go to www.migrationsverket.se and click on moving to someone in Sweden. It is actually earlier and faster in that the person you plan to marry or live with is not Swedish. It ... (show full quote)

I have been there and got a form to fill in my details and certain information... however, I dont have almost any bennefit in my own country then I can feel good served with just staying and find a work in my area. smile.gif

Thank you for your advice, Im glad to read you.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town
Consulting & Productions

We are an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish authorities, Swedish language practice, and general communications.
Call 0731 004 781 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help.
Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply