• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Ways to get a first hand apartment contract

Other ways aside from life long queue waiting

leadguitar
post 1.Jan.2013, 10:38 PM
Post #1

I am really absolutely tired of my housing situation in Stockholm.
I would like to know in what ways can one obtain a first hand contract except for waiting 20-30 years in
the queue. Are there ways to buy a contract or by co living with the contract holder? Or maybe I have heard if you
can stay in a flat for 2 years you have the right to occupy it. I would like to hear your experiences and opinions on this matter. many thanks!
Go to the top of the page
+
Yorkshireman
post 1.Jan.2013, 10:57 PM
Post #2

It is very common that that is exactly what happens when purchasing 1st hand contracts on the black market, they fake it as a Sambo (living together) arrangement, the landlord then puts you together on the contract with the 1st hand contract holder, and after a period 6-12 months, the original contract holder says the relationship didn't work-out and they have moved, leaving You as the only name on the 1st hand contract. Of-course during that time, the person isn't actually living with You wink.gif
+
Boar
post 1.Jan.2013, 10:57 PM
Post #3

If you live with someone for about 2 years then you have the right to continue to stay in that particular house. But, if the actual tenant vacates then you also need to vacate with him. But, the tenant cannot kick you out neither can you kick the tenant out. But, then you should be legally living there. But, if either the tenant or the roommate tries to create a problem then the matter can go to court or to Landlord and the consequences can become serious.

If you cohabit (sambo or wife) with a person then it can be transferred after 2 years (even 3 years). Depending on housing companies they have their own rules. But, there are general rules too. A contract from brother, sister or mother, father or son or daughter cannot be transferred irrespective of the duration you stay.

Other option is you can find in small towns if you have a job and contract for at least 3 months or 6 months. Then, after 2 years you can change your apartment to the city if someone would like to change to your town.

The problem here is a person from Stockholm can fuk off to other places easily. But, it's hard to move to Stockholm as it depends if the person is ready to move to your town.
+
leadguitar
post 1.Jan.2013, 11:20 PM
Post #4

Do you know where can I find the people who are looking to transfer their contract by registering as a sambo? any underground websites? or one should have contacts to find them?
+
Boar
post 1.Jan.2013, 11:22 PM
Post #5

One more thing. If you live in a secondhand contract. It can never be converted irrespective of the duration you stay. As, there is a landlord's internal queue system and people are waiting there. Doesn't matter you rented it from your friend or close relative. If the housing company is very small or private then such things are possible if you know the landlord well. But, not in a big company.
+
Boar
post 1.Jan.2013, 11:26 PM
Post #6

That thing none can help you. You can be cheated very easily as there are many frauds out there. In the end when the time comes closer everything suks. The tenant will disappear with your money and you have to vacate too.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN