• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

Shoot out / robbery in Södertälje

Expressen video ...

byke
post 5.Jan.2013, 07:44 PM
Post #1

I saw video footage regarding that robbery in Södertälje, where one of the gang gets shot.
In that video it showed plain clothed officers taking very precise shots at the gang (it would appear they had very good training regarding weapons handling). Which leads me to believe this wasn't your usual bobby on the beat who just happened to be there at the time.

Having not read up to much on the story, I wondered if anyone had read anything in regards to this story.
As what interests me is usually such a heist consists of an armed gang of multiple members that go in and out very quickly. So I was very surprised to see video from the event with plain clothed police involved. And as we have read, they got a perfect head shot.

So my question is, was there a hostage situation to begin with that caused the gang to be delayed in jewellers? As I would have thought the average heist would be in and out within a minute or 2 ... which is generally a very short amount of time, so how did these undercover police get there so fast? Was there some sort of delay in their heist which gave the police more time get there and setup?

Could it have been that the gang was being tracked prior to the robbery and it was a bungled stake out? With the police waiting to catch them in the act (than prior), and be able to secure a better conviction?

As there also seem to be many arrests very quickly, considering they all got away at the time.
Did the police know something?

Either way, there are too many gun related crimes starting to appear lately.
Go to the top of the page
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 5.Jan.2013, 08:16 PM
Post #2

http://www.dn.se/sthlm/ranarna-valde-fel-plats

The plain clothes officers were there on another case (likely concerning the Södertälje mafia). Also, the police station is less than 100m from the robbery scene.

Here you have the thread on Flashback, where you can find pictures/videos and the names and previous convictions of the suspects: https://www.flashback.org/t2048440
+
Migga
post 5.Jan.2013, 09:48 PM
Post #3

Here`s a clip with different angels from the robbery;

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7d4_1357337618

It`s a sad state of affairs amongst some minority groups in Sweden where kids grow up with the dream of being a robber instead of Sweden's next astronaut. Noone can prevent these criminal acts from happening when such an enviroment is present. The only ones who can break free from that is the kids themselves, society can only provide assistance. If they themselves don`t want then they won`t change.
+
byke
post 6.Jan.2013, 11:14 AM
Post #4

510+ pages!
That is one heck of a large thread to scan over (cheers for the link)

Its interesting to hear that many people think that the numerous shots were only made by the Swedish police.

I am also wondering if the guns the robbers possessed carried any live ammunition or if they were even real?
+
Pursuivant
post 7.Jan.2013, 11:37 AM
Post #5

The kids had watched too many movies, but forgot the "Italian job" where most of the film goes in rehearsing the heist. Then they have the sweeney just 100m away so thats what you get for skipping school, can't do the maths on success probability.
+
djmarko
post 7.Jan.2013, 01:41 PM
Post #6

The execution of that crime was amateurish, seems a bunch of lads have been watching too many gangster movies and decided to have a go, saw the clip yesterday, all had on the same outfit, they were well armed i must say, maybe replica weapons? They even had the nerves to run over their colleague and left him to his devices!! what friends they must have been, now today he is in intensive care, surely they must be thinking was it worth all their efforts, The Swedish judicial system must be strong enough to give them at least 8-12 years each for attempted armed robbery but i am not so sure they will tough, thats the problem really, if they are tough on crime, by the time these criminals come out of prison with old and grey hair, they will not have the strength to lift anything more heavier than a spoon!!

In the US or UK, the police would have possibly killed the whole lot!!
+
elkhead
post 7.Jan.2013, 02:33 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (djmarko @ 7.Jan.2013, 01:41 PM) *
In the US or UK, the police would have possibly killed the whole lot!!

Oh - and how would police in the UK do that - with their bare hands? Have you seen the video of FIVE London police officers getting mauled by a dog - unable to defend themselves?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/video/2012/ma...police-officers
+
Pursuivant
post 7.Jan.2013, 04:11 PM
Post #8

Djmarko - I think the problem is if you read the papers, that these youth were in a spiral to crime. however as the judicial system gives only slaps to the wrist then you wonder howcome you get this kind of crime? Though I don't believe that the system should be like in the US you get sentenced for 120 years for something silly you did age 13, but still, theres no "punishment" for young or first-time offenders that would whack any respect of society into the kids. Multiculturalism in action.
+
Pursuivant
post 7.Jan.2013, 04:15 PM
Post #9

Elkhead, you got these "diskuterande polis" in crowds in Sweden too. In the UK when you got an armed response unit they have submachine guns and don't take the piss. Nevermind then special units - remember that guy shot in the tube back when the terror attack had just been?
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 7.Jan.2013, 09:05 PM
Post #10

In my experience Swedish police try the hardest to avoid physical confrontation, but if somebody pulls a knife on them on point a gun at them they will use their weapons.
+
byke
post 7.Jan.2013, 10:06 PM
Post #11

I read that their is an investigation regarding the police procedures,

http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/nu-utreds-...er-skjutningen/
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 7.Jan.2013, 10:29 PM
Post #12

This is standard procedure in every shooting incident.
+
jvtx3232
post 10.Jan.2013, 11:50 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (Bender B Rodriquez @ 5.Jan.2013, 08:16 PM) *
Here you have the thread on Flashback, where you can find pictures/videos and the names and previous convictions of the suspects: https://www.flashback.org/t2048440

Oh man that's a 500 page thread. If you know where to find it, can you just link directly to the post with the names and previous convictions of the suspects. Or even just post that info right here in this The Local thread.

Thanks!
+
entry
post 11.Jan.2013, 12:59 AM
Post #14

QUOTE (byke @ 5.Jan.2013, 07:44 PM) *
I saw video footage regarding that robbery in Södertälje, where one of the gang gets shot.In that video it showed plain clothed officers taking very precise shots at the gan ... (show full quote)

QUOTE (Bender B Rodriquez @ 5.Jan.2013, 08:16 PM) *
http://www.dn.se/sthlm/ranarna-valde-fel-platsThe plain clothes officers were there on another case (likely concerning the Södertälje mafia). Also, the police station is les ... (show full quote)

QUOTE (Bender B Rodriquez @ 7.Jan.2013, 09:05 PM) *
In my experience Swedish police try the hardest to avoid physical confrontation, but if somebody pulls a knife on them on point a gun at them they will use their weapons.

Our Swedish police in many news stories have demonstrated excellent marksmanship. I am very pleased and proud of this fact. In some news stories I recall that Swedish police officers assessed the situation and determined a non-lethal shot was needed and leg shots were fired at the violent armed criminals. In other cases Swedish police determined that a lethal shot was necessary and a single precise head shot was made and the expected outcome was achieved.

This does not come as too much of a surprise to me. When I first brought my Swedish wife to my home in America(Vermont) I wanted to see if she would be safe around my firearms. I had known that she, her sister and her brother as children were all instructed in firearms safety and target shooting. I was very pleased. My wife handled my .45s,, 12ga. Shotguns and .30-06 bolt action with a Finnish Barrel like a champ and put just about everything in the black.

Our Swedish police take their positions seriously from what I can determine. While I have little need to interact with Swedish police in the instances that I have interacted I have found them to be very professional.

It is my belief that if a Swedish police officer makes a determination that a violent criminal should be hit in the head or hit in the leg, the choice was made with great consideration and the bullet will hit the desired target. It would take an awful lot for me to second guess a Swedish police officers decision. -Paul
+
byke
post 11.Jan.2013, 01:19 AM
Post #15

In March 2012, there was a shoot out between police and suspects on Birger Jarlsgatan in Stockholm where the Swedish police were criticised for a lack of professionalism and caution to innocent civilians. Now I am not going to judge it, but at the time there were claims that the police shot up the place like something from a wild west film and showed flagrant disregards to public safety. To a point in which an investigation was launched, that looked into the role of the police and how they conducted themselves in the situation. Was that investigation ever concluded?

I am not suggesting that case has any bearing on this case, even though it would appear that no shots were fired by the "robber" and numerous rounds were used by the police.
+

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se