Processing of Sambo Visa. in Sweden Discuss - The Local
  • Sweden's news in English
The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Processing of Sambo Visa.

Having trouble getting through migrationsverket.

post 11.Jan.2013, 11:55 AM
Post #1
Joined: 11.Jan.2013

Hey! I've been calling the migrationsverket since yesterday and I couldn't get through their costumer service.

Anyway, here are my questions for them and I was/still hoping that some of you could help me.

I'm married with my Swede partner in my home country and we haven't registering our marriage here in Sweden. I have asked the Skatteverket yesterday on how many weeks would it take to register a marriage here in Sweden and they said it's 3-5 weeks. I also want to apply for residence visa (Sambo Visa).

My concerns are: We want to apply our marriage here in Sweden and I want to apply for a Sambo Visa. Can I apply for Sambo Visa while there's another application on process in Skatteverket?
Go to the top of the page
post 11.Jan.2013, 05:58 PM
Post #2
Location: Stockholm
Joined: 24.May.2011

I would go ahead and apply, by the time they process your application all should be done at skatteverket, besides you can always just send in a copy of the marriage certificate. Doesn't sound too complicated to me.
Go to the top of the page
post 12.Jan.2013, 11:00 AM
Post #3
Joined: 11.Jan.2013

Thanks! :-)
Go to the top of the page

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:


PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
Counselling and Psychotherapy in English
Sometimes living in another culture can cause stress, confusion and feelings of sadness and loneliness. Talking to a professional psychotherapist/counsellor might help you. I am a UKCP Reg. psychotherapist. My practice is in Södermalm, Stockholm.
Contact me to discuss your options