• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Sky tv in Sweden

Installation company for work

Lanza572
post 12.Jan.2013, 09:34 AM
Post #1

Hi everyone, does anyone know of any Sky tv installation company's who set up and install the satellite dish for Sky tv in Sweden please ?

Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page
+
byke
post 12.Jan.2013, 10:30 AM
Post #2

Sweden is a big country ...
+
Lanza572
post 12.Jan.2013, 10:36 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (byke @ 12.Jan.2013, 09:30 AM) *
Sweden is a big country ...

biggrin.gif I was specifically asking about SKY tv, I would say Stockholm area and below (large area anyway) do you know of any websites which has a classified ads section where company's may advertise or is it all word and mouth ? ?

I am thinking of moving to Sweden with the missus but I want to search out any job prospects before I move, no job, no move.

Her family over there have some work lined up for me which is great, but I want a substantial job to get involved with, not just some bits here and there.
+
byke
post 12.Jan.2013, 10:49 AM
Post #4

Generally the footprint over Sweden is patchy.

And this leads to many different specific needs in regards to hardware and dish sizes based on location. So location plays a big role, as does property. As its quite unlikely you will be allowed to erect a 2meter dish on the outside of an apartment (If you were to move to one which is fairly common).

So basically, at the moment it is possible ... but can be a lot of work.
And nothing says the footprint wont change.

As for Job/Family ... very good choice.
Make sure you get a job prior - and don't be fooled with its easy to find one, or you can get a job teaching English as its a generic line often spouted and nearly always never true.
+
Lanza572
post 12.Jan.2013, 10:55 AM
Post #5

Thank you for the info.

Are there many english speaking installation company's working in the satellite field out there, until I can start to learn what is effectively a pain in the arse language as the written word/letters are not pronounced as you would think as in English or Spanish(2nd language I can get by with but not fluent) ?
+
byke
post 12.Jan.2013, 11:02 AM
Post #6

Again, depends on location.
The biggest issue you will have is finding a place to host said dish ...

But like most places, money talks ... I am sure you will be able to find someone.
Be pre warned though, most of the equipment etc and installation is not cheap
+
aliraza.jibs1
post 12.Jan.2013, 01:14 PM
Post #7

No there is no SKY TV available here in Sweden. The best way which i have seen my friend have done is to get the receiver and card at any address in UK which belongs to you or family or friends. Use the same address to receive yearly card as well. Get them here and install it. Sky do not sell out side of UK.
+
beefbroff
post 12.Jan.2013, 02:03 PM
Post #8

You are wrong: http://www.skyeurope.tv/sky-subscription-in-sweden
+
oddsock
post 12.Jan.2013, 05:34 PM
Post #9

That's not official Sky, that's a company in Sweden acting as a middleman, organising Sky subscriptions in the UK and reselling them in Sweden - skimming off a nice profit for themselves. Better to do it yourself...

I know people around Europe with Sky, they did this by applying for Sky subscriptions at a UK or Irish address (usually family members) and then taking the decoder box and card with them to Europe.

The main problem with getting Sky (and other UK satellite services) in Sweden is that the signal is aimed at the UK and Sweden is a bit far away. So you will need a very large dish. It may be more practical to watch TV through the internet.
+
oldscot1
post 12.Jan.2013, 05:55 PM
Post #10

Depends where you live. Stockholm has a side lobe off the main transmitters ,2A and 2B which means you can use a 1,6 meter dish. facing -28.2 degrees south.Look up "Lyngsat.com" for details. All the sky stuff is at this angle. They recently moved all the free to air, to a new sat 2E.
I moved from Stockholm 2 years ago so not sure if this info still applies. I now live on the Norway Border, slightly north of Stockholm. I discussed this with a friend, and we thought I may lose the side lobe. Funnily enough, I have even more signal.
On the other hand, my friend who lives in Skåne, needs a 4 meter dish to get good signal. The beam is so focused, he can see the wobble of the satellites.
You need a clear bit of sky, at about 19 degrees above the horizon, where the dish can see the satellite. Trees, bushes, any thing, will lose you signal. You can buy a 1,8 meter offset for a song.
+
Lanza572
post 13.Jan.2013, 01:04 AM
Post #11

Thanks for all the great info, but it was actually trying to find the company's that do the installations. I was looking to ask them if they had any jobs going installing the dishes etc. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused in my original wording.
Thanks again.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se