• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >   Reply to this topic

The Swedish Democrats remind me of Nazis

Be vigilant of the Swedish Nazis

Yorkshireman
post 17.Jan.2013, 08:01 AM
Post #16

QUOTE (oddsock @ 16.Jan.2013, 11:38 PM) *
If people think they need political party in order to feel proud of themselves then they should pay a visit to a psychologist.

And the psychologist would say ...

Pride is usually a self-focused positive emotion associated with achievement and accomplishment. In group contexts, pride can be felt in response to the achievements of a social group one identifies with.

It is natural, since we are social animals, to feel a (group) pride associated with the achievements of a Political Party and/or Nation.
Go to the top of the page
+
NyDag
post 17.Jan.2013, 01:10 PM
Post #17

Lol ... Comparing them to nazis because they dare to talk about immigration. You people are bloody morons. Typical left-wing trash who start throwing the R-word at anyone who doesn't agree with them. It is the right of the Swedish people, aka me, whether they want to ruin the country by importing illiterate trash from certain parts of the world, many of whom cannot even spell their own names, and support for SD is steadily increasing.
+
Kn33grow
post 17.Jan.2013, 01:36 PM
Post #18

You will serve your country better by getting off your ass and clearing the massive snow outside. Sitting at home and complaining about immigrants will just lead you nowhere, keyboard warrior.

Sweden isnt the 1st country to elect racist to parliament,not much will change however much noise they make.
+
Kn33grow
post 19.Jan.2013, 02:11 AM
Post #19

My 40th post and time to give this topic its rightful title
+
Biorealist
post 21.Jan.2013, 10:08 AM
Post #20

The Swedish Democrats are in fact simply reflective of universal, mainstream concern people about marginalisation of their culture and tradition. Does the Dalai Lama remind you of the Nazis too? After all, he wants to restrict immigration to preserve Tibetan culture - that is he is concerned about demographic transition to a Han majority.

This is the case in every country surveyed by Pew Global Attitudes Survey Project:

In both affluent countries in the West and in the developing world, people are concerned about immigration. Large majorities in nearly every country surveyed express the view that there should be greater restriction of immigration and tighter control of their country’s borders.

Research by Harvard Professor Robert Putman shows that social capital, community trust and involvement all reduces with greater ethnic diversity. So those proponents of greater immigration need to demonstrate why that is a net positive to the country in question.

In the case of Sweden, there are obvious costs from the current policy being too lax. For example, Tino Sanandaji notes:

In the latest available year foreign nationals constituted 6% of the Swedish population and 29% of the prison population. Foreigners are thus 6.2 times as likely to be incarcerated than Swedes, or 520% higher incarceration rate.

Accordingly, there is scope for a party like the Swedish Democrats to reflect public concern. Again, as Sanandaji observes:

Non-western immigrants in Sweden do not integrate well. Their employment rate is about 50%, compared to 80% for native Swedes. They are extremely over-represented in crime and other social problems.

So why does Sweden continue this policy? Because of support amongst Sweden's' liberal voters?

The answer is no. The reason Sweden does this is firm support for immigration among the elite, and the fact that Swedish voters really trust their elite (the media, academics, to a lesser extent politicians).
+
Biorealist
post 21.Jan.2013, 10:27 AM
Post #21

Another thing to keep in mind is that Jews are now being threatened as a direct result of the immigration policies the OP apparently favours:

"I never thought I would see this hatred again in my lifetime, not in Sweden anyway," Mrs Popinski told The Sunday Telegraph.

"This new hatred comes from Muslim immigrants. The Jewish people are afraid now."...

Mr Eilenberg said he and his wife considered moving to Stockholm where Jews feel safer than in Malmo. "But we decided not to because in five years time I think it will be just as bad there," he said.

"This is happening all over Europe. I have cousins who are leaving their homes in Amsterdam and France for the same reason as me."

Malmo's Jews are not the only ones to suffer hate crimes.

Also, you should look at some of the attacks on gays occuring in places like Amsterdam and London.

Last year, a mob of 30 young Muslims stormed a local gay pub, the George and Dragon, beating and abusing patrons. Many customers of the pub told The Sunday Telegraph that they have been attacked and harassed by local Muslim youths. In 2008 a 20-year-old student, Oli Hemsley, was left permanently paralysed after an attack by a group of young Muslims outside the pub. Only one of his assailants has been caught and jailed.

Even during meetings of the local council, prominent supporters of Tower Hamlets’ controversial directly-elected mayor, Lutfur Rahman – dropped by the Labour Party for his links to Islamic fundamentalism - have persistently targeted gay councillors with homophobic abuse and intimidation from the public gallery.

The Labour leader, Josh Peck, was attacked with animal noises and cries of “Unnatural acts! Unnatural acts!” when he rose to speak. The Conservative leader, Peter Golds, was repeatedly heckled as “Mrs Golds” and a “poofter”.
+
John.Smith
post 21.Jan.2013, 11:04 AM
Post #22

The anti-immigrations stance is picking up momentum in many European countries, England, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Ireland, Netherlands, Denmark and France but to name a few.

It is reflective of people's fears about:
1. Economy... we don't have enough jobs for the natives, so why pay for others to come here and live?
2. 9/11 and a general distrust of the Islamic faith due to terrorism.
3. Continued history of failed integration over the past 30-40 years where there are now 'ethnic' slums and ghettos with 2nd and 3rd generation kids with little or no prospects.

All of the above are understandable and somewhat rational fears given the current blend of 5 years of economic meltdown and terrorist intimidation.

However, to base a political party whose sole aim/goal/purpose is to basically kick-out the immigrants is wrong. They are a single message party and if they ever did get to power would ruin the nation economically and culturally. I foresee enforced deportations without due-course or natural justice, enforced 'Swedish culture' lessons in schools, 're-education' of criminals etc etc... Basically mass hysteria and intimidation. It is literally only a few short steps away from fascism.

I think that the other Swedish political parties need to step up to the plate and bring the topic of immigration to the discussion and show that it is an important topic and one that needs logical debate. Furthermore, the failings and benefits of the current migration policies need to be identified and addressed.

I do not want to see a closed border Sweden, however Sweden has every right to be selective based on education, background and likely-hood of successful integration. This is not racist, it is forward thinking and ensuring that a homogeneous society is sustainable and grows at a pace that society can handle.

I would never vote for the SD party as they lack insight and promote themselves on fear. Give me a party that is forward thinking about immigration AND about their economic policies and I will give them my vote any day of the week.

I am not sure if the above makes me a left-wing-pinkie or a right-wing nazi... maybe a pink-nazi perhaps smile.gif
+
Yorkshireman
post 21.Jan.2013, 01:33 PM
Post #23

You are correct, it is always the same in times of economic downturn that nationalism support rises. The issue is that it is very difficult for anyone to talk openly about immigration without being branded racist etc...

It doesn't matter which political party You ask...none can, or will, say what the true cost of Sweden's immigration policies currently run at. The reason behind this is that they do not want it publicised, since the cost is so huge they fear a public backlash against current policies.

Even if there was a backlash, there is little a government can do now, more and more immigration policy is being dictated from EU level, whilst a Member State may be able to tighten their rules slightly, they certainly cannot make them worse than what they have already signed up for at EU level. In the EU respect, Sweden is seen as a Social Experiment, to see just how integration can be handled, due to the high level of immigration per capita and population %age as a whole.

The EU policies are being more and more governed by future social need (read cheap labour) ...right now the ratio of worker tax payers to pensioners is 4-1, by 2050/60 it is estimated that that ratio will reduce to 2-1 ...there will be more and more pensioners, and less tax payers to pay for services to cover this ...cheap labour is definately needed to meet the coming social burdens.
+
Migga
post 21.Jan.2013, 02:00 PM
Post #24

QUOTE (Yorkshireman @ 21.Jan.2013, 01:33 PM) *
cheap labour is definately needed to meet the coming social burdens.

That is one possible solution but the powers in charge wants you to belive it`s the only solution. Instead of changing a countrys demographics why not change the pension system or raise the living standards so people can work even when they are old? Bringing in people from the developing world to developed countries will just accelerate overpopulation and the stress on the enviroment, whilst doing little for their homecountry.
+
John.Smith
post 21.Jan.2013, 02:41 PM
Post #25

QUOTE (Yorkshireman @ 21.Jan.2013, 01:33 PM) *
You are correct, it is always the same in times of economic downturn that nationalism support rises. The issue is that it is very difficult for anyone to talk openly about imm ... (show full quote)

Yep it was the same in the crash back in the late 80's and early 90's, and before that in the 70's etc.. However, not all immigration policy 'dictated' by the Eu actually legally needs to be followed. Many EU countries do not fulfill their 'asylum' quota's and in fact have never done so. Also back in 2002 with the CEEC accession countries (Poland, Czech Republic etc..) all but Ireland, England and Sweden opened fully their borders to the mass migration that occurred. France, Spain etc.. placed restrictions on how many people could legally move there.

Sweden really needs to balance the books in terms of identifying what its skills shortages are, what the future economy needs in terms of sustainability and also the social context in terms of 'how much' change is capable of happening and at what rate.

Immigration is good and without it we would not have large economies like America, Canada, Australia etc. Nor would the EU be able to survive without internal migration amongst member states.

The issue is not about stopping migration, it is about ensuring that it works for the advantage of all of live in the country. Your example of the widening of the gap between State pensions and number in employment is a perfect case in point.

//J:S:
+
John.Smith
post 21.Jan.2013, 02:50 PM
Post #26

QUOTE (Migga @ 21.Jan.2013, 02:00 PM) *
That is one possible solution but the powers in charge wants you to belive it`s the only solution. Instead of changing a countrys demographics why not change the pension s ... (show full quote)

??
If there is not enough pension funds to support the growing population of elderly people then 'changing' the pension system will do nothing other than dilute the fund value per capita?? How will it help to give the elderly a lower pension? By 2050, 50% of your taxes will be going to support pensioners... it is not sustainable.

As for raising living standards??? This costs money, and lots of it, i.e. better health systems, educations systems etc etc... Where does this money come from?

Basically the point is that going by the current trends Sweden will not be able to support itself using its native population alone. The point is that rather than blindly accepting any and all migrants to our shores, it should be a case that those who have a desirable skill set and a propensity to integrate should be given priority. The unskilled jobs would organically be filled by inwards EU migration where no visa's are required.

I think it a silly assumption that all or most non-EU migrants are uneducated or unskilled. This is not true, but the difficulty is that their qualifications are not recognized and they are not encouraged to integrate. If only people with needed skills are granted residency then that becomes a non-issue due to employment market forces.
+
AW1
post 21.Jan.2013, 02:52 PM
Post #27

@John.Smith: Well said.
+
John.Smith
post 21.Jan.2013, 03:13 PM
Post #28

QUOTE (John.Smith @ 21.Jan.2013, 02:41 PM) *
Also back in 2002 with the CEEC accession countries (Poland, Czech Republic etc..) all but Ireland, England and Sweden opened fully their borders to the mass migration that oc ... (show full quote)

*Typo Correction*
Should read that all Eu countries except Ireland, England and Sweden in fact CLOSED or restricted their borders to the CEEC migrant workforce.
+
byke
post 21.Jan.2013, 03:19 PM
Post #29

I just want to point out, they are not the "Swedish Democrats" (as in plural)
But "Sweden Democrats" as in Singular.

By mislabelling them (even if people have views regarding pedantry) it gives them and their scope a much larger mass of believe of representation which is false.

So if you believe in a better Sweden, please refer to them in their proper term.
As bigg'in em up through poor terminology only helps them to misrepresent the nation.
+
Migga
post 21.Jan.2013, 03:23 PM
Post #30

QUOTE (John.Smith @ 21.Jan.2013, 02:50 PM) *
??If there is not enough pension funds to support the growing population of elderly people then 'changing' the pension system will do nothing other than dilute the fun ... (show full quote)

To brain drain non-EU countries isn`t sustainable either. There is no way of knowing what the world wiil look like in 2050 but to build up doomsday scenarios isn`t the answer. Nor is choosing a solution to the issue when it has no public support from the people.
+

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se