• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Manhattan of Sweden

Less chance of getting mugged

asking
post 13.Jan.2013, 10:23 AM
Post #1

hi what is the manhattan of sweden or hollywood of sweden ? , i have a plan of visiting sweden but just read a missing person found dead on sweden and it kinda freak me out , what is the safest place on sweden ?

thanks please reply
Go to the top of the page
+
johnjohn
post 13.Jan.2013, 10:52 AM
Post #2

There is no Manhattan of Sweden. There is no Hollywood of Sweden. Underground in a mine shaft in Kiruna is safe.
+
asking
post 13.Jan.2013, 11:27 AM
Post #3

ach , you're not helping at all , every country has them
+
MetalforLife
post 13.Jan.2013, 11:58 AM
Post #4

welcome to the most boring robotic land on earth, the land of the dead!
+
Pursuivant
post 16.Jan.2013, 02:08 PM
Post #5

Rosengard in Malmo might go for "Chicago", and Herrgard for "Detroit".
+
John.Smith
post 16.Jan.2013, 02:47 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (asking @ 13.Jan.2013, 10:23 AM) *
hi what is the manhattan of sweden or hollywood of sweden ? , i have a plan of visiting sweden but just read a missing person found dead on sweden and it kinda freak me out , ... (show full quote)

Despite what some posters may saw here, Sweden has a low rate of crime. I am not sure what you mean by the Manhattan and Hollywood of Sweden to be honest? I gather you are asking where the affluent areas are, or which places are safe to visit and have things to see and do?? Do some research on line to find out what activities are available... then make up your mind.

With regards to safety... are you seriously freaking out that you read about 1 missing person being found dead? Really?? I was in Chicago last week and their murder rate runs at approx 10-20 people per month! I think Sweden had something like 16 (stand to be corrected) in the whole of 2010!

If that freaks you out then you may be best to run home, lock the doors and windows, and do not answer the door to anyone!
+
Pursuivant
post 17.Jan.2013, 10:51 AM
Post #7

And don't go into your bed - most people found dead are in their bed!!!111!!!
+
skogsbo
post 17.Jan.2013, 10:59 AM
Post #8

most accidents or murders happen in the home, just stay on holiday, you'll live longer!!
+
byke
post 17.Jan.2013, 11:10 AM
Post #9

Doesn't the north of Sweden have a high ratio of violent crime in relation to population density - often attributed to alcohol and darkness?
+
skogsbo
post 17.Jan.2013, 11:22 AM
Post #10

Does it ? Is it? Who said? wink.gif
+
Mib
post 17.Jan.2013, 01:32 PM
Post #11

Despite low gun ownersip (while a keen hunting country) and despite pathetic sentencing and soft prisons, Swedish crime is relatively low in comparison to US that chooses to have guns available to those who want them and some of the hardest longest prison sentences in the developed world.

So come to Sweden and explore. However, USE COMMON SENSE, especially when in a country that you have no knowledge about. Don't go falshing your money, jewellery etc. Don't go down dark alley ways. Don't get so drunk you don't know where you are. Don't act like an idiot and be respectful. That applies in any country.
+
jvtx3232
post 17.Jan.2013, 05:22 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Pursuivant @ 16.Jan.2013, 01:08 PM) *
Rosengard in Malmo might go for "Chicago", and Herrgard for "Detroit".

I think the O.P. should go to Rosengård and look for barbecue joints. Ask around for pulled pork sandwiches, pig's feet, and beer. wink.gif
+
gplusa
post 17.Jan.2013, 05:34 PM
Post #13

I've been to the bottom of the Kiruna mine shaft. Safe as houses down there. +1 from me.
+
Kegzmc
post 17.Jan.2013, 08:30 PM
Post #14

If you like boring countries you ll love this fucking shithole.

Especially the swedes. They are great Craic
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 18.Jan.2013, 01:35 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (byke @ 17.Jan.2013, 12:10 PM) *
Doesn't the north of Sweden have a high ratio of violent crime in relation to population density - often attributed to alcohol and darkness?

No, Stockholm and Skåne are in the lead for both violent and non-violent crimes per capita. The two most northern municipalities are in the bottom.

http://www.bra.se/bra/brott--statistik/reg...ariationer.html
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com