• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »    Reply to this topic

Infant baptism information

Are there requirements I should be aware of?

Baned
post 15.Jan.2013, 11:38 AM
Post #1

I'm looking to baptize my baby and would like to have it done at a specific church (the only one I've attended) but it's not in my town, though it is in my municipality. Thing is, neither my husband nor I are officially part of Svenska kyrkan. But I have read that in the Lutheran faith, baptism is the child's right regardless of the parents church standing.

Does anyone know if there's a district requirement? Would it be possible to have her baptized even though we're technically not part of Svenska kyrkan?
Go to the top of the page
+
Yorkshireman
post 15.Jan.2013, 12:11 PM
Post #2

You do not need to be a member, and there is no restriction with regards which church you can have the baptism in, just contact the church in question and they can tell you for sure that it is ok.
+
Baned
post 15.Jan.2013, 02:37 PM
Post #3

Thanks Yorkshireman! This makes the email I'm writing a hell of a lot simpler!
+
MetalforLife
post 15.Jan.2013, 02:41 PM
Post #4

you poor delusional woman, you actually still believe in a fairy tale man made bullshit book? do you believe in flying elephants too?
+
akibobrob
post 15.Jan.2013, 02:47 PM
Post #5

Seriously, what is wrong with you? You really need to learn how to relate to other people.
+
MetalforLife
post 16.Jan.2013, 08:37 AM
Post #6

Stupidity offends me thats all
+
Justin O'Pinion
post 16.Jan.2013, 08:45 AM
Post #7

Are you at it again? Give it up already, People might take you seriously if you weren't such a frikin' ding-dong.

You know what's stupid, Mr. MetalforLife? Your narrow-mindedness, that's what.
+
MetalforLife
post 16.Jan.2013, 09:25 AM
Post #8

You call calling bullshit like religion which is man made LIES to manipulate and control people "narrow mindness"? you are as stupid as that woman, fact.
+
akibobrob
post 16.Jan.2013, 10:31 AM
Post #9

Whether you're a troll (which I suspect) or whether you actually believe the nonsense you post, you're obviously a deeply unpleasant person with very little interest in anyone else.
+
skogsbo
post 16.Jan.2013, 10:53 AM
Post #10

however badly he makes it, he does attempt to make a valid point, but if they just christen the kid to shut up grand parents then that's fair enough. When my kids ask about churches etc. I don't kill the topic, because they'll only be more interested, I just pitch it along with fairies, trolls, etc.. which is pretty much the right category, it's folklore or ancient myths, not fact.
+
akibobrob
post 16.Jan.2013, 10:58 AM
Post #11

Absolutely, I have a similar feeling towards religion.

My comment about Metal was not just based on this thread but on a number of different threads where he has consistently shown a complete inability to have any kind of adult discussion and just resorts to unpleasant personal insults.
+
Justin O'Pinion
post 16.Jan.2013, 11:06 AM
Post #12

Touché
+
MetalforLife
post 16.Jan.2013, 11:23 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (akibobrob @ 16.Jan.2013, 09:31 AM) *
Whether you're a troll (which I suspect) or whether you actually believe the nonsense you post, you're obviously a deeply unpleasant person with very little interest in anyone else.

"nonsense" explain how its nonsense! go ahead turtle brain!

QUOTE (akibobrob @ 16.Jan.2013, 09:58 AM) *
Absolutely, I have a similar feeling towards religion.My comment about Metal was not just based on this thread but on a number of different threads where he has consistently s ... (show full quote)

Funny since it was YOU who started acting like a little 8 year old braindead child when you posted comments in my thread, i wasnt the one acting like a child YOU were.
+
akibobrob
post 16.Jan.2013, 11:32 AM
Post #14

Yeah, you see it's when you resort to calling people 'turtle brain' and 'braindead child' that you simply reinforce what I wrote above.
+
MetalforLife
post 16.Jan.2013, 11:33 AM
Post #15

I did it because YOU started ridiculing me in my thread FIRST and acting like a retarded child instead of discussing the issue like an adult, thats why.
+

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com