• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Any Brits in Skåne...

...preferrably Lund/Malmö areas

Sun67
post 17.Jan.2013, 02:13 PM
Post #1

Hi - I am English and my partner is a Swede and we are planning to move back to Sweden in the summer. We lived there for 6 years before returning to the UK for the last 4 years. We would love to get in touch with any Brits who live in the area - one thing I did struggle with last time was not knowing anyone (other than my partner's family).

I'd love to hear from anyone in the area smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
hamdango
post 17.Jan.2013, 02:16 PM
Post #2

Hi,

Just out of curiosity, as you've lived in both countries for quite some time:

Is there a country you prefer most (Sweden I'm guessing if you're going back there) and if so, why?
+
Sun67
post 17.Jan.2013, 02:28 PM
Post #3

Hiya

Well, if I had a choice (and there was only me to consider) I would stay in England! I am a true Brit and love my country. However, I have two little boys who are now my priority and England is not the best place for them to grow up in. I want my children to be well educated and to grow up in a safe environment, where they can cycle to school and enjoy the outdoors. The main reason we left 4 years ago was because I could not work in Sweden (applied for numerous jobs, without luck) and also because I struggled with communicating with people (my Swedish is at a good level, but just never had any confidence when speaking it). However, I am seriously considering starting my own business and my children are no longer babies, so it means that I will not feel as isolated as I did last time. Sweden is a lovely country and the problems I had aside, it is definitely the best place for me to raise my family! smile.gif

Hope I managed to answer your question! smile.gif
+
hamdango
post 17.Jan.2013, 02:37 PM
Post #4

Thanks, yeah what you've said is insightful smile.gif

I live in the UK at the moment but with having a Swedish girlfriend, at some point in the future we may end up relocating to Sweden so it's handy to hear other peoples perspective who've already been through that sort of process.
+
Majick
post 13.Feb.2013, 12:48 PM
Post #5

Hi! My name is Kirsty and I live in Kävlinge which is 2 stops away from Lund.

I'm a Brit and have been living here in Sweden for 2 years now, please feel free to PM me. Would be nice to hear a British accent smile.gif
+
yato
post 13.Feb.2013, 03:15 PM
Post #6

Hi, Where abouts in Skåne are you moving too? i've been here just over a year (Helsingborg) always good to hear another British voice, Feel free to get in touch, Ian
+
NTLund
post 13.Feb.2013, 05:16 PM
Post #7

Hej there smile.gif,
We moved here a year ago from Bristol, and we really like it here in Lund. I am still looking for a job though, fingers crossed. I lived in Bristol for about 15 years, and I now miss hearing a British accent, too! A bit of an impostor myself as actually born in Russia, and moved to the UK when I was still quite young. I ll be happy to chat / email if you have any questions, good luck with your move!
+
craike
post 13.Feb.2013, 10:02 PM
Post #8

Hiya!! My name is Philippe and I live in Trelleborg. I come from London and have been living in Sweden for 9 month's now. Still trying to make new friends!! So feel free to contact me if you please.
+
hairynoggin
post 14.Feb.2013, 09:09 AM
Post #9

Martin here...working in Lund living in Helsingborg... potentially "welcome back"
+
GamergirlJen
post 24.Apr.2013, 10:05 PM
Post #10

Hi

We are moving to Malmo in about three months from the UK and I would love to have others to talk to, share stories and generally keep in touch with.

Sun, we are moving for much the same reason although my children are older. The education, social standards and need for my husband to get back to Sweden have prompted our decision. Not knowing any other Brits has been playing on my mind so getting to know a few people would be greatly apreciated.
+
Sun67
post 26.Apr.2013, 01:44 PM
Post #11

Thanks for the replies, guys! smile.gif

Jen - sounds like we are in very similiar situations! Please feel free to send me an email on sunworld67@hotmail.com if you like? smile.gif
+
GamergirlJen
post 26.Apr.2013, 03:12 PM
Post #12

Done. smile.gif

It is encouraging to see that there are others around.
+
gerry5152
post 26.Apr.2013, 07:36 PM
Post #13

hopefully not
+
gerry5152
post 26.Apr.2013, 07:39 PM
Post #14

hopefully not
+
funkybro2003
post 4.Feb.2014, 11:00 AM
Post #15

Hi
I'm just off for another interview in Lund working on the new ESS project. My family are all English but there are 32 nationalities working at the same place and there should be a good relocation package with family support.
I need to find out more but I was just reading about why people have moved here and my children are 5 and 8 so I first looked into the moved based on them and the fact that our lives in England are sooooo hectic.
I was wondering where people would suggest moving too?
I have lived in Denmark when I was younger (Arhus) main thing i realise is the language is important to learn, but I think children pick things up very quickly, it's my wife and I that will need some help
It is also nice to know potentially people may be around to talk too if I get offered the job of course
Jez
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se