• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Kentucky Fried Chicken

For the Super Bowl

olga118
post 17.Jan.2013, 10:38 PM
Post #1

My husband will be watching the Super Bowl on Feb. 3. His family has a tradition of eating Kentucky Fried Chicken while watching it. Since my culinary skills are pretty limited I am wondering if anyone knows of a place in central Stockholm (we live in Vasastan) that sells fried chicken that would be some kind of decent substitute for KFC? Thanks!
Go to the top of the page
+
Gordy
post 18.Jan.2013, 08:56 AM
Post #2

I'm not in Stockholm so have never tried them but Google suggests Latino Cajun in Kungshallen might be worth a try.
+
byke
post 18.Jan.2013, 09:58 AM
Post #3

Closest thing I think you will find is "Chicken Selects Meal" from McDonalds.
Basically they are large bits of chicken in batter.
+
olga118
post 19.Jan.2013, 02:18 PM
Post #4

I never thought to check Hötorget, great suggestion. Thanks!!!
+
HenryPollard
post 19.Jan.2013, 03:12 PM
Post #5

Remember to ask for extra Chicken - brains / colon for that authentic KFC experience!!

'Student Finds Brains in KFC Chicken'
+
axiom
post 19.Jan.2013, 05:19 PM
Post #6

While I cannot vouch for them, I was talking to some colleagues at work who swear by "Tasty Fried Chicken" in Tensta as an almost perfect substitute for KFC.

Google them and check it out.

Edit:

According to them it might be worth ordering before you get there as there is almost always a queue.
+
lejerm
post 19.Jan.2013, 05:35 PM
Post #7

Hi,

I am moving to Umea next week for school and I too want to watch the SuperBowl and the NFC Championship, does someone one know of a place to catch the game?

Thanks!

My 2 cents on the original subject would be to make the fried chicken yourself (it's real easy) and have a real Superbowl party.
+
jvtx3232
post 19.Jan.2013, 06:30 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (lejerm @ 19.Jan.2013, 04:35 PM) *
I am moving to Umea next week for school and I too want to watch the SuperBowl and the NFC Championship, does someone one know of a place to catch the game?

This place might be showing the Super Bowl: http://www.olearys.se/Default.aspx?CMSLang...&UnitID=121

If you want to watch the NFCCG, it's actually tomorrow not next week though. Super Bowl in two weeks.
+
entry
post 23.Jan.2013, 07:52 AM
Post #9

I'm not a fast food kind of person but I did like KFC when I was a kid back in the states. When I asked my wife if my extra extra crispy cornflakes battered deep fried chicken was as good as KFC's extra crispy chicken she said she did not know as KFC did not have a presence here in Sweden.

Making batter for fried chicken and rolling it in crushed cornflakes in not a task and a half. Give it a try.
+
NataBee
post 23.Jan.2013, 03:12 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (HenryPollard @ 19.Jan.2013, 03:12 PM) *
Remember to ask for extra Chicken - brains / colon for that authentic KFC experience!!. 'Student Finds Brains in KFC Chicken'

So you eat its skin, flesh, fat, muscles, heart, you cook it's bones to make broth out of its marrow, but oh noooooo brain/liver is disgustingggg ewwww ! biggrin.gif
+
maira-swe
post 8.Mar.2013, 05:33 PM
Post #11

biggrin.gif Hello I am also tired of burgers, but have you Tried Tasty fried chick in Sweden, attach links!

https://twitter.com/Tastyfriedchick

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tasty-Fried-...411788698873707

https://plus.google.com/b/11328290815890172...580/posts/p/pub

www.tfcrestaurants.se
+
RedCreamSodas
post 8.Mar.2013, 06:02 PM
Post #12

I do believe this is by far my favorite thread ever simply due to the fact there is a place in Sweden called "Tasty Fried Chicken".
+
PDX
post 8.Mar.2013, 07:23 PM
Post #13

Has anyone actually eaten at TFC? Could you elaborate on the quality of the food?

I was recently in the area and happen to pass by TFC, but had completely lost the appetite due to severe anxiety caused by venturing out to the ghetto. If someone can convince me that the food is excellent, I can give it another try.

~~~PDX~~~
+
Steggles
post 8.Mar.2013, 08:15 PM
Post #14

Just why is there no KFC in Sweden?
It's all Max, Mc.Donalds, Burger King, burgers, burgers & more burgers!
Seems to me the Swedes don't like chicken!

How about a 'seafood' fast food outlet as well with fish & chips etc...!
+
Emerentia
post 8.Mar.2013, 09:24 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (Steggles @ 8.Mar.2013, 08:15 PM) *
Just why is there no KFC in Sweden?

I´ve heard that there was a KFC in Sweden in the 80's , but the hygiene at that place was so bad, they couldnt adjust to Swedish health regulations or something like that.

I've also heard, that nowadays they can't adjust to the rules about how the chickens should be treated, but I'm not sure if that's correct. And maybe the staff too. Minimum wages are about twice as high as the Americans ones. Another reason could be that Sweden dont have enough people who crave this kind of food. Swedes usually don't eat a lot of deep fried food at all. People like chicken, but a lot of batter and oil, not so much. When I eat chicken nuggets i always "peel" them to get to the chicken inside.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN