• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

How long to wait before you can apply for a phone?

Months? Years?...

candylm
post 18.Jan.2013, 01:20 PM
Post #1

Hi

Been here 4 months with my job from the USA. Having a great time so far. I have been using a Pre Paid Iphone and monthly 3G internet USB with Telenor. This weekend I was going to see about getting a contract phone and internet.

Was just wondering if anyone knew how long you usually need to wait before building up a credit history? I have my personal number and been paying tax since the week I got here.

Thanks!

Candice
Go to the top of the page
+
Roux
post 18.Jan.2013, 01:34 PM
Post #2

I got one after proving six months of income and continuing, permanent employment with my contract . I doubt they'll accept four months but mobile phone sales people tend to be able to bend rules for a sale so you never know.
Good luck.
+
Kn33grow
post 19.Jan.2013, 01:52 AM
Post #3

I think you will have to be in the population register for at least 8 months,atleast thats what i was told.
+
candylm
post 19.Jan.2013, 06:33 PM
Post #4

Thanks! I will try my luck in a few months after I have been here six and then if that fails I'll leave it till 9.

I'm not too worried about the phone as Its unlimited texts and calls, for what I pay. My main gripe is that I only have a 3G pay monthly USB Internet. Would love 4G but when I have spoken to the other companies they say you need a contract. If anyone knows of a pay monthly 4G USB, even with data caps and if you have to pay for the modem I would be happy to know what companies the are.
+
oddsock
post 19.Jan.2013, 06:59 PM
Post #5

I got a phone contract after four months in Sweden. I had to fax them a copy of my work contract that showed that I had income in Sweden. My phone company is Tele2. Good luck.
+
edd1
post 19.Jan.2013, 06:59 PM
Post #6

http://webbutik.comviq.se/mobilt-bredband-4g.html

Comviq 4G modem with 1 week free surf, 799:-

and Telia,

http://www.telia.se/privat/mobilt-bredband/kontant/

Also 4G modem. 599:- with one day free surf

Cheers
+
OkieFromMuskogee
post 19.Jan.2013, 09:12 PM
Post #7

Do you have a personal number? I think it's 4 months after you've received your personal number.

If not, you'll just have to stick with pre-paid...

Another option would be to have your work order the phone, but have the bill paid to your account. That's what I did, since I needed a phone right when I got here...
+
madroni
post 19.Jan.2013, 10:23 PM
Post #8

i got mine 10 days after i got my personal number, i gave them a copy of my work contract, they made a phone call to head office ,about 15 mins later they came back to me with my new phone..try it you never know. tele2.
+
becksoz1
post 21.Jan.2013, 09:10 AM
Post #9

I went through this all some time ago.

I started with Telia and a prepaid, and was helpfully told that when I had my personsnummer that something could be worked out. Upon returning to the store with said personnsnummer, someone new told me the currently wideheld story of work here for 8 months OR own property (which immediately bypasses the wait).

I promptly walked into a Telenor outlet nearby and had a rant about how Telia were being ridiculous and surely Telenor could not be so inflexible. I produced my employment contract and had a contract the next time I came into the store.

If you have permanent employment and proof then there should be no reason to decline your custom for a phone contract.
+
BL
post 21.Jan.2013, 04:01 PM
Post #10

Three confirmed 7 months to my wife on last weekend
+
Hede
post 23.Jan.2013, 12:11 AM
Post #11

I use comviq buy the 200 'kr credit and apply for XL Internet plan which is 5GB and it takes 149kr of that 200kr credit you just bought . You can call free and text to all comviq and use Internet freely . That's what I use now I had unlimited Internet for 120kr in UK I miss that , I never go in contract they rip you off
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com