Reply to this topic

Residency Permit & Changing Jobs

Bad idea?

OkieFromMuskogee
post 19.Jan.2013, 12:40 PM
Post #1

Hello!

Trolls need not read further much less reply.

I have been here a year working in IT. I'm not from the EU, but my employeer provided me with a residency permit. However, I have been offered another job which looks to be a better opportunity. Since I've been here less than 24 months, I have read that if I leave my current job, I will have to apply for a new residency permit since my current permit is tied to my current job. From what I've read, I can stay and work while I am waiting for my permit to be approved.

I guess what I'm asking does this sound like a bad idea? Has anyone does this? Current job is fine, new job's pay is the same but it has more possibility for advancement. Is the application process straight-forward or can things go wrong? I'm already here, I already have a personal number, but that might not matter? I love Sweden and would like to stay here with my family, so I don't want to risk the chance that my new permit application would be denied.

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page
+
Kibiri
post 19.Jan.2013, 02:12 PM
Post #2

To be safe you may try to get union's opinion to the new employment offer, before quitting your current job.
Go to the top of the page
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement
Advertisement

Popular articles

Advertisement
Advertisement