• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Residency Permit & Changing Jobs

Bad idea?

OkieFromMuskogee
post 19.Jan.2013, 12:40 PM
Post #1

Hello!

Trolls need not read further much less reply.

I have been here a year working in IT. I'm not from the EU, but my employeer provided me with a residency permit. However, I have been offered another job which looks to be a better opportunity. Since I've been here less than 24 months, I have read that if I leave my current job, I will have to apply for a new residency permit since my current permit is tied to my current job. From what I've read, I can stay and work while I am waiting for my permit to be approved.

I guess what I'm asking does this sound like a bad idea? Has anyone does this? Current job is fine, new job's pay is the same but it has more possibility for advancement. Is the application process straight-forward or can things go wrong? I'm already here, I already have a personal number, but that might not matter? I love Sweden and would like to stay here with my family, so I don't want to risk the chance that my new permit application would be denied.

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page
+
Kibiri
post 19.Jan.2013, 02:12 PM
Post #2

To be safe you may try to get union's opinion to the new employment offer, before quitting your current job.
Go to the top of the page
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN