• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Freedom of speech in Sweden

And on the local...

frenchviking
post 19.Jan.2013, 04:24 PM
Post #1

Yet another post was removed or censored by the local...
A post showink links to videos showing local residents in sweden and in london imposing sharia type law in their neighbpurhoods...
For some reason some topics on this forum are taboo... Such as exposing minorities that are dangerous and very comparable to nazzis...
But however, it is ok to leave a post iscussing similarities between the swedish democrats and the nazis... I amnot a supporter of sedish democrats and i think it is healthy to have such post where people can discuss and exchange their views... That is how we learn!
What anoys me is the cencorship of certain topics!
Some developments are dangerous and it is healthy to discuss them. S please stop the one way censorship.
Go to the top of the page
+
johnjohn
post 19.Jan.2013, 04:46 PM
Post #2

The local is a business and perhaps fear mongering is not profitable.
+
jvtx3232
post 19.Jan.2013, 04:55 PM
Post #3

I agree, I noticed that post was mysteriously missing today too. It was a good post, too bad it got deleted by the censorship Nazis.

However, it's important to understand that The Local is simply not here to represent objective journalism. Not even remotely. The raison d'être for the existence of The Local is help browbeat and propagandize Europe and Europeans into accepting "multiculturalism," the Islamization of Eruope, and whatnot.

Once you understand that the overall mission and trajectory of The Local is stridently agenda-driven in this way, the reasons for their arbitrary censorship begin to come into focus. It's their publication, they own it, they can be hyper-biased in this way if they want to I suppose. It's a propaganda machine.

I do have some good news though. If you're interested, there is a new publication out of Sweden called Dispatch International that discusses immigration issues and related issues openly and frankly. They do a nice job. They publish in English, Swedish, Danish, German, and maybe one or two additional languages. Google "Dispatch International" and I'm sure their website, Facebook page etc. will show up.
+
frenchviking
post 19.Jan.2013, 05:08 PM
Post #4

Good information thanks!
Although it is not free... Then again i am ready to pay to support freedom of speech... I have done it before when a french paper was attacked by terrorists for publishing funny cartons...
+
jvtx3232
post 19.Jan.2013, 05:15 PM
Post #5

Here's a link to their Facebook discussion group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/413903095313077

Here's a link to a video someone made about Dispatch International: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gsV-lpsOqo

Better check these links quick if you want to see them. I expect the censorship Nazis will delete this post as soon as they discover it.
+
jvtx3232
post 19.Jan.2013, 06:31 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (johnjohn @ 19.Jan.2013, 03:46 PM) *
The local is a business and perhaps fear mongering is not profitable.

Telling the unvarnished truth and providing facts do not equate to "fear mongering" though.
+
jostein
post 20.Jan.2013, 01:16 AM
Post #7

Im almost never censored even though i deride multiculturalism in every second post on thelocal.
I have been censored once and that was when i was writing about Islam. My hunch is that thelocal censor insults to islam and the like because its dangerous to criticize islam and thelocal and its forum is searchable on the web. The margins to make ends meet are probably slim on thelocal and they do not need the extra hassle.

Im sure that all the people emplyed on thelocal hate my views and want people like me gone from the world. However, they do not censor me hardly ever. This is a HUGE difference from normal swedish press which will censor anyone who disagrees with them. Normal swedish press is stasi reborn. Not so thelocal.
+
trumanshow
post 20.Jan.2013, 01:56 PM
Post #8

The thing is with multiculturalism is whether you like it or not, you've got it so you may as well just get on with things. What is anyone suggesting? Repatriation? Stop people of different cultures mixing on any level, anywhere in the world?

Freedom of speech is a totally nonsense concept. Everyone is entitled to say whatever they want to whoever they want but everyone has to take responsibility for what they say. As said, Thelocal is a business, they can do whatever they like with their 'property' - which is this website.
+
Mib
post 20.Jan.2013, 02:26 PM
Post #9

It's about sharing the same values and having the resources to handle the extra people. To be honest, if I was an asylum seeker who came from an oppressive regime and low quality living conditions, then I would gladly take advantage of a free home, state handouts etc. It seems that many don't have a choice due to racism, fear etc as a high proportion can't get work. The biggest reason for the rise for the extremer right-wing is mainly due to frustrations with lack of resources to handle the influx and politicians ignoring valid concerns and labelling people racists. I don't want the extreme right in power, but if that is what it takes for the lazy parties to change their policies...then so be it.

Thelocal is a business and can choose what it censors and what it doesn't. It will live or die by its decisions. You have a choice to visit other sites or even set up your own.
+
jvtx3232
post 20.Jan.2013, 03:25 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (trumanshow @ 20.Jan.2013, 12:56 PM) *
The thing is with multiculturalism is whether you like it or not, you've got it so you may as well just get on with things. What is anyone suggesting? Repatriation? Stop p ... (show full quote)

Sweden now has more than enough "multiculturalism" and "diversity" to last forever. The key at this point is to shut down the mass immigration policies cold turkey, as soon as possible. It is not the responsibility of Swedish taxpayers to take care of the world's downtrodden - there's literally billions of them, Sweden is a nation of 9 million, you can never take care of them all. Sucks to be them, but it's not Sweden's problem, never has been. The first and highest responsibility of any government is the socio-economic well-being of their own people. That's the whole point!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com