• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

Warning rant Alert

Regrets, regrets, regrets!

CathySky
post 21.Jan.2013, 07:20 PM
Post #16

i dont want to bore you all with the in's and out's of my job. learn from my mistakes and don't go for a job that promises you roses but don't tell you about the situation they are currently in, that should have been the first warning sign if i weren't salivating about the dosh being offered! lets just say the interview was 20mins long and i got offered the job on the spot!! And no i didnt get it through anyone i know, they called me since they found my CV on Monster!!
Go to the top of the page
+
Lanza572
post 21.Jan.2013, 10:40 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (hackie @ 21.Jan.2013, 10:43 AM) *
Can you give the reasons why you don't like the job? What were your expectations and what did you get? Didn't you get to know about the nature of the job in the job i ... (show full quote)

+1 What job do you do and what income is it ? ?
+
Pursuivant
post 22.Jan.2013, 10:41 AM
Post #18

and don't go for a job that promises you roses but don't tell you about the situation they are currently in, that should have been the first warning sign if i weren't salivating about the dosh being offered!

Don't tell me its something "commission based" so as in fact you ain't doing jack for money in the end?

lets just say the interview was 20mins long and i got offered the job on the spot!! And no i didnt get it through anyone i know, they called me since they found my CV on Monster!!

Well, you didn't "interview them" then? Or at least google the company? Dear o dear. Oh well, I've done the same, jumped in etc.
+
John.Smith
post 22.Jan.2013, 10:53 AM
Post #19

I remember back in England being offered a really good job. It meant a big move about 120 miles North of where I lived to a larger city. The money on offer was about 1.5 times my salary at the time. The interview process consisted of me travelling up their office and spending a half day with some of the managers there. They called me the following day to offer me the job.
I got a little suspicious that an offer would come so quickly and did a bit of further research on the company and found out via a forum that they were losing big time on a project and a lot of their project team had walked out in protest due to lack of resources and unrealistic demands etc... Of course none of this was even mentioned in the interview.
To cut a long story short, I refused the offer based on the knowledge that even with a higher pay packet I would have worked 100+ hours a week and never see my wife and kids. The project dumped in the end and the company laid off quite a few people. Apparently it was a situation of them promising big and delivering a lemon.

I like my current job and I am bloody grateful for it. I would be cautious of taking a new job based solely on the wage on offer.
+
entry
post 22.Jan.2013, 01:44 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (Pursuivant @ 22.Jan.2013, 10:41 AM) *
Well, you didn't "interview them" then? Or at least google the company? Dear o dear. Oh well, I've done the same, jumped in etc.
Well, that started out good until the ...Oh well, I've done the same, jumped in etc.

QUOTE (John.Smith @ 22.Jan.2013, 10:53 AM) *
I got a little suspicious that an offer would come so quickly and did a bit of further research on the company and found out via a forum that they were losing big time on a pr ... (show full quote)
That is the way to do it, John. If you are salaried + bonus, acknowledged by your management & peers and you go to a job that you really like, you are golden.
+
Pursuivant
post 22.Jan.2013, 04:11 PM
Post #21

Well, that started out good until the ...Oh well, I've done the same, jumped in etc.

Can I say "when I was young and stupid"... I did a jump just being "stupid" on a calculated risk because I needed a foothold. The job market being what it is atm theres a lot of "promiseware" and desperate projects.
+
CathySky
post 22.Jan.2013, 10:15 PM
Post #22

QUOTE (Pursuivant @ 22.Jan.2013, 10:41 AM) *
Don't tell me its something "commission based" so as in fact you ain't doing jack for money in the end?Well, you didn't "interview them" then? ... (show full quote)

No my job is not commissioned based. like i mentioned earlier i work in finance.
i normally do google companies but this was so short notice, i got called on the same day to go to the interview. well, we liev and learn and i have surely learned bigtime from this!
+
entry
post 23.Jan.2013, 07:21 AM
Post #23

QUOTE (Pursuivant @ 22.Jan.2013, 04:11 PM) *
Can I say "when I was young and stupid"... I did a jump just being "stupid" on a calculated risk because I needed a foothold. The job market being what it ... (show full quote)

Well I am sure you are wiser and much more marketable now. smile.gif
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town
Consulting & Productions

We are an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish authorities, Swedish language practice, and general communications.
Call 0731 004 781 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help.
Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply