• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

House maintenance query

Protecting the outside wood

Johno
post 27.Jan.2013, 02:39 PM
Post #16

Just out of curiosity I googled (www.google.se) "hyr verktyg" and found http://www.perssonhyrmaskiner.com/site/pag...gs-amp-tradgard for a rotovator. Actually our cottage came with one from the previous owner. Money totally wasted, he had a small vegetable patch and the Swedish bugbear, ground full of rocks (and I mean rocks, not small stones!). I have never used it and have wondered how to sell it, but never done so. For things like the steamer you are better of buying imho,
Go to the top of the page
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 27.Jan.2013, 08:22 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (Diefenbaker @ 27.Jan.2013, 03:22 PM) *
Thanks for that, I had the impression from somewhere that wallpaper tended to cling on to wooden walls more than brick but can't remember where I got that from.

Most Swedish houses do not have wooden walls on the inside unless they are really old. Usually the outer shell is wood and the inner shell is plaster board, with insulation (glass fibre) and air columns between the layers. A steamer can be found in any DIY chain store for a couple of 100 kr.
+
Diefenbaker
post 27.Jan.2013, 08:36 PM
Post #18

Thank you all for your advice and information, the paint list and websites were all very useful too. I must start to keep a diary of useful websites for use when the happy day finally arrives and I move over there.

A couple of people have mentioned having rocks in their gardens and I had hoped I'd be able to grow vegetables so I'll have to bear in mind that it may not be possible to do it on as large a scale as I'd hoped.

Anyway, thanks again.
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se