Reply to this topic

Car windshield replacement

Any tips?

dzsosszika
post 28.Jan.2013, 08:51 PM
Post #1

I've got a nasty crack in my Citroen Xsara Picasso windscreen and need to get it replaced. Had a quote from carglas for 7200 kronor. Ouch. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I know about samglas too. Many thanks if you can help.
Go to the top of the page
+
Johno
post 28.Jan.2013, 09:03 PM
Post #2

Type vindruta or glasmästare into Eniro and you can find who does windscreens in your area. For glasmästare you mostly go them and I have done this. Rydsglas, samglas, carglass perhaps come to you and may charge more ? Outside my knowledge but does Swedish car insurance cover part of this like in the UK ?
+
Gordy
post 29.Jan.2013, 11:45 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (Johno @ 28.Jan.2013, 09:03 PM) *
Outside my knowledge but does Swedish car insurance cover part of this like in the UK ?

I think it varies here depending on what type of insurance cover you have, the wife had the windscreen replaced on her VW Polo recently I don't remember what the total cost would have been but the car insurance covered part of it and she had to pay 1500kr.

When we went to pick up her car I noticed a small 2cm scratch near the top of the new screen, I complained and they offered to do it again or knock the price down by 500kr. I probably should have bargained harder as it would have cost them a hell of a lot more than 500kr to replace it again. But it was tiny and way outside the normal field of vision, after a day or two I couldn't even find the scratch again.

So be sure to inspect the job closely when you go to pick up your car.
+
Hisingen
post 29.Jan.2013, 01:56 PM
Post #4

If your car is fully insured, then there is usually also coverage for windscreen replacement. The self-risk can be from 1500:- to 2000:-. Check your 'Försäkringsbrev' to see what cover you have.On the three different insurance policies I have had, that coverage has been included - so take a look.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Popular articles

Advertisement
Advertisement