• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Courier for large ski bag about 25kg from Sweden

Advice of company that deals with private person

Fandango
post 31.Jan.2013, 02:00 PM
Post #1

Hello Everybody,

I have done a search but not come up with anything that is ultimately fruitful. I'm hoping that somebody can help me out. I have googled but I don’t understand Swedish sufficiently well enough.

I (like probably many others have before) was in a relationship with a Swede. She lives in Stockholm, I in England. It ended and although she has all her stuff from mine I am still waiting her to return all my stuff. It has been many many months. She has agreed to send my stuff to me but unfortunately she suffers from debilitating stress around internet searches, finding contact numbers etc. She gets horribly stressed even thinking about it, crumbles, procrastinates and generally avoids doing such tasks and seeks excuses. (This woman went on a ten week course to basically learn itunes.) It has taken five months of gentle coaxing to get this far. We are at the stage were she has refused to proceed any further and my patience with her is rapidly going out the window. We will soon lose any friendship over it.

Basically I have a large ski bag (190 x 30 x30cm, weight 18-28kg possibly?) at hers containing skis, five fishing rods, some fishing tackle and equipment, winter clothes, boots and shoes and one or two small hand tools and bits and bobs). The contents is probably worth 15000kr.

What I need is a recommendation of a parcel company that:-
-accepts such a large long parcel of that weight, (Swedish Post Office won’t do that size)
-Will deal with a regular private individual (she wouldn't have the much patience for opening an account)
-That will either collect from within Stockholm or accept an over the counter drop in at a Stockholm depot.
-Is going to be reasonably priced.
-Doesn't involve itemising every last item by weight, size colour of the contents (She had utter meltdown by this stipulation on the www.fraktjakt.se).
-doesn’t involve online bidding for couriers (UShip was too much for her)
Basically a provider that doesn’t require too much effort from her!
When I first started looking and a brief search I expected costs of about 800-1300kr. She claims that DHL express wanted 6000kr !!! (and don’t do personal effects?)
I can collect from anywhere in Southern England and am not in any particular hurry but me flying out there to fetch isn't an option for other unavoidable personal reasons. She is too busy to bring it to me. I can accept delivery to both a domestic or business address.

Can anybody offer any advice? I would like to be able to provide her with quite a few alternatives providers.

Many thanks.
Go to the top of the page
+
Fandango
post 5.Feb.2013, 05:54 PM
Post #2

Hi can any people help me with any advice?
+
johnjohn
post 5.Feb.2013, 06:15 PM
Post #3

Have you checked the airlines? They of course will do it for a price.
+
timmah
post 5.Feb.2013, 10:28 PM
Post #4

Try this, which is cheaper than booking stuff with the couriers directly usually:

http://www.parcel2go.com
+
Fandango
post 6.Feb.2013, 01:56 PM
Post #5

Parcel2go don't collect form Sweden alias.
+
Fandango
post 12.Feb.2013, 12:30 PM
Post #6

Surely somebody must know? blink.gif
+
PDX
post 12.Feb.2013, 12:37 PM
Post #7

Sure.. a couple sessions of psychotherapy for both of you and then deal with the matter as any normal person would ? unsure.gif

~~~PDX~~~
+
Fandango
post 12.Feb.2013, 01:38 PM
Post #8

Oh thanks PDX. She almost lives at therapy...
+
skogsbo
post 12.Feb.2013, 02:58 PM
Post #9

Dhl, over estimate the weight, she can use a tape measure? You print 2 labels, on PDF format. She stick one on it, the other is passed to the driver on collection. Won't be cheap, but problem solved.
+
Fandango
post 12.Feb.2013, 03:32 PM
Post #10

Thanks Skogsbo.

Unfortunately as a private individual DHL will only send via their next day air service which for my bag was 6416 kr. I was in a state of disbelief so rang two different operators but got the same response.
+
Fandango
post 4.Mar.2013, 02:46 PM
Post #11

Sorry (to PDX) but does anybody have anything that they could suggest?
+
snarky
post 4.Mar.2013, 03:18 PM
Post #12

Yes, I just need to find my paperwork to give you the company's name. When I shipped my crap from the US to here, I used a boat, cheap and efficient, it did take some time though. So once I shipped from the US the boxes came into customs in Gothenburg, which some carrier service called me (really random, have no idea how they knew about my shipment) and asked if they could 'finish' the shipment for me and that they would deal with customs and send my boxes to me, for a charge of course, not much of a charge either. I took them up on their offer and got my 10 boxes within a few days on some delivery service in the middle of Smaland! It will be a bit before I can start digging, but this may get you started for online searches for shipping by boat.
+
Fandango
post 4.Mar.2013, 04:22 PM
Post #13

Many thanks!
+
snarky
post 4.Mar.2013, 08:13 PM
Post #14

Hi Fandango,

I just messaged you the company and the guys contact info that I dealt with. I hope it helps. Also, putting this message here to bump it up in case someone else is on that knows something about this and maybe they see it at the top. smile.gif
+
PDX
post 4.Mar.2013, 09:09 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (snarky @ 4.Mar.2013, 09:13 PM) *
I just messaged you the company and the guys contact info that I dealt with. I hope it helps. Also, putting this message here to bump it up in case someone else is on that kno ... (show full quote)

The reasonable thing to do would be to post the name of the company here so that anyone else with a similar problem will be able to find it. You gave them an excellent recommendation so it should not really be an issue...

~~~PDX~~~
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se