• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Can Work/Travel to Scotland with Swedish Permit?

Uppehalls- och arbets and work in EU?

masood
post 2.Feb.2013, 10:16 AM
Post #1

Hi all,

I've granted "UPPEHÅLLS- OCH ARBETSTILLSTÅND". I had a phone interview for a job in Scotland and I have two questions:

1. Can I go to Scotland with my Swedish permit to have my next interview or I need to apply for a UK Visa?
2. Generally, when I apply for jobs in EU I don't if I can say I have work permit in EU or not. Having "UPPEHÅLLS- OCH ARBETSTILLSTÅND" and Swedish passport makes different in working in EU?

Any idea or comment. I will appreciate that.

Regards
Go to the top of the page
+
rtharper
post 2.Feb.2013, 12:01 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (masood @ 2.Feb.2013, 10:16 AM) *
Hi all,I've granted "UPPEHÅLLS- OCH ARBETSTILLSTÅND". I had a phone interview for a job in Scotland and I have two questions:1. Can I go to Scotland with my Sw ... (show full quote)

No, as the UK is not in the Schengen Area, if you require a visa to visit the UK, then you must apply for one. If you don't usually require a visa in order to visit (as a tourist), then you can go to the UK for a job interview without a visa.

2. Generally, when I apply for jobs in EU I don't if I can say I have work permit in EU or not. Having "UPPEHÅLLS- OCH ARBETSTILLSTÅND" and Swedish passport ma ... (show full quote)

I am not entirely sure what you mean, but if you intend to take up a job in a new country, you must apply for a work permit in that country. Having a Swedish work permit has no effect on that process.
+
masood
post 2.Feb.2013, 03:44 PM
Post #3

@rtharper- Thanks for your reply.
regarding my second question, in some job applications, it is asked "if I you are eligible to work in EU?"
and I am not sure if I am or not.

Regards
+
oddsock
post 2.Feb.2013, 08:14 PM
Post #4

You will probably have to answer no. When they say eligible to work in the EU I think they mean the entire EU, and not just a single country (e.g. Sweden).
+
masood
post 3.Feb.2013, 08:52 AM
Post #5

@oddsock - and in which situation someone might have permission to work in the entire EU? Every country has its own work permission as far as I found.
+
johnjohn
post 3.Feb.2013, 09:22 AM
Post #6

With few exceptions if you are an EU/EEA citizen you can work anywhere in the EU.
+
Yorkshireman
post 3.Feb.2013, 11:31 AM
Post #7

2. Generally, when I apply for jobs in EU I don't if I can say I have work permit in EU or not. Having "UPPEHÅLLS- OCH ARBETSTILLSTÅND" and Swedish passport ma ... (show full quote)

If You have a Swedish Passport, then You are a Swedish Citizen (= EU Citizen), you are able to travel and work freely within the EU, there are no restrictions.
+
oddsock
post 3.Feb.2013, 06:06 PM
Post #8

Yes, Masood, do you have a Swedish passport? If you do then you can work wherever you want in the EU and you will not need a visa to enter the UK.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN