• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >   Reply to this topic

Bad language in the media

Thinking about the kids

Pursuivant
post 4.Feb.2013, 03:48 PM
Post #31

I think he is referring to F*ck but with a Dublin North side knacker accent.

*that* is feckless laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 4.Feb.2013, 07:13 PM
Post #32

Better than being called a..."Pursuivant"...laugh.gif X3
+
oddsock
post 5.Feb.2013, 12:44 AM
Post #33

QUOTE (Abe L @ 3.Feb.2013, 01:03 PM) *
You're not out of touch, I think most immigrants from civilised western countries stumble over this, or simply have a very hard time dealing with accepting this way of com ... (show full quote)

I guess Ireland isn't civilised then.
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 5.Feb.2013, 12:49 AM
Post #34

Nah, whenever the words "civilized" and "proper" are uttered they almost certainly mean "England" or "English".
+
oddsock
post 5.Feb.2013, 12:53 AM
Post #35

You want to fight?! Huh?!

<smashes bottle>
+
Skugglegend
post 5.Feb.2013, 01:34 AM
Post #36

I think It´s a generation thing, It´s more accepted to use these words. I don´t think you should fill out every sentence with bad words but I think In Sweden we use the words to strengthen the expression more than see It as bad words.

It´s just some old religious words

But I must say another thing that I find more shocking in UK is when you read gossip magazines here...they only write about weight!!! About female celebrities (never when they write about male celebs) and how they need to loose weight, like every damn page!! I think that is so much more worse for kids than some old words.

In some ways UK are so much more far behind
+
entry
post 5.Feb.2013, 03:25 AM
Post #37

[quote name='oddsock' date='5.Feb.2013, 12:53 AM' post='790474']
You want to fight?! Huh?!

<smashes bottle> [/quote

It darn right better have been an empty bottle oddsack! I will not stand by and see alcohol abuse! -Paul wink.gif
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 5.Feb.2013, 04:17 AM
Post #38

God forbid!!!!

Someone wearing the remnants of a smashed pint!!!!

Aaaaahhhhh the aroma!
+
james5
post 5.Feb.2013, 05:12 AM
Post #39

I surprised to know that bad language is use in media.this is not good sign.
+
entry
post 5.Feb.2013, 05:22 AM
Post #40

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 5.Feb.2013, 04:17 AM) *
God forbid!!!!. Someone wearing the remnants of a smashed pint!!!

+1
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 5.Feb.2013, 05:45 AM
Post #41

laugh.gif
+
John.Smith
post 5.Feb.2013, 08:34 AM
Post #42

QUOTE (oddsock @ 5.Feb.2013, 12:53 AM) *
You want to fight?! Huh?!. <smashes bottle>

LOL!
+
cogito
post 5.Feb.2013, 01:06 PM
Post #43

QUOTE (Bender B Rodriquez @ 5.Feb.2013, 12:49 AM) *
Nah, whenever the words "civilized" and "proper" are uttered they almost certainly mean "England" or "English".

Only when uttered by the English.
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 5.Feb.2013, 01:38 PM
Post #44

Which is usually the case...
+
Emerentia
post 5.Feb.2013, 05:54 PM
Post #45

It has to do with good manners here too. And vocabulary.

People who compete in that type of programs are usually not the most educated people, it's not like you go to your doctor or your lawyer and they start to swear.
My parents didn´t forbid me to swear but they told me that if i do, that would influence what kind of impression people get of me, what kind of person I am in the eyes of others and that people who swear all the time are not bad people, they just have a small vocabulary and can't express them self in another way. Swearing wasn't forbidden, but it should only be used when you really meant it otherwise it would lose it's value. So it was ok to yell FAN! (The devil, but the expression is used like Damn) if you hit your toe or something and it really, really hurt, but it wasn't ok to say for example "fan vad bra" (damn good) and thing like that in every sentence.
But my parent wasn't like "OH NOO!!! You cant say that word!!!!" they where more like "Don't you know an other words that can express that? You know like a challenge for me to find a better word. I almost never swear, only if I hit my toe, or maybe drops my sandwich on the floor or something, usually when I'm alone, but i don't use it in combination with ordinary words in a ordinary conversation like "Fan vad trevligt, det var ju skitlänge sen, du är ju en trevlig jävel" or something like that.

I believe that people have started to swear a lot more on Swedish TV, than they did like 15 years ago or so.It was never bleeped or anything, most people just didn't do it. If someone did they would go like "Oops, sorry".
+

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se