• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

The Centre Party and Chinese male virility

There is a link, bear with me...

BennyOBenny
post 5.Feb.2013, 01:24 PM
Post #16

Thank- you byke!
A rather daft policy made by rather daft centre party voters... rolleyes.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
jostein
post 5.Feb.2013, 01:34 PM
Post #17

Benny, you want wolves, keep them in your apartment? You have no right to impose wolves on other people. Wolves or no wolves should be decided locally by the people in the wolf-municipalities.

It is intolerable to impose costs on other people without compensation. If we deem it absolutely necessary to preserve wolves then we offer payment to the people that will be forced to live with wolves. If they choose it is worth it, fine. If the choose they dont want wolves, also fine. Put your money where your sanctimonious mouth is?
+
BennyOBenny
post 5.Feb.2013, 01:37 PM
Post #18

If farmers lose livestock to wolves, the government pays out to these farmers. And they have for decades. Forced to live with wolves??? How many individuals are there being harassed by them?
I live in the countryside, I know it's not about that.
+
Elf_Moon
post 5.Feb.2013, 01:45 PM
Post #19

Actually, some of these guys make a really great point about the problem of inbreeding and population issues affecting humans.

On the back of this logic... I propose we solve the problem of overpopulation in the UK and any inbreeding found in various countries (first cousin marriages etc.)

The world should amass an army, take said army to the UK and shoot all the young children and excess white majority groups (to allow for a more varied gene pool.) Then forcibly export a few million british women to the previously mentioned countries, and put them into forced breeding programs to solve the issues with inbreeding supposedly perpetuated there. While you are at it, kill anyone with genetic defects around the world, incase they affect the human gene pool. Brilliant idea... :/

It 'may' be 'necessary' to kill these beautiful animals (while I would argue that point,) but I certainly wouldn't go on a parade and cheer it on. And personally, I feel for the wolves having to live with humans.
+
jostein
post 5.Feb.2013, 01:48 PM
Post #20

Benny, thats your opinion. Many people living in wolf municipalities have a different opinion. The difference is, you have an opinion about forcing wolves on them. They have an opinion about their own envirionment. Again, if you want wolves you lobby for implanting them IN YOUR OWN municipality. You convince your neighbours of the value of wolves. Or you start collecting money to compensate others for the cost they perceive of having wolves around. Right now you are merely arguing your right to impose your will and your opinions on other people. It is a rather arrogant and repulsive attitude, imho.
+
jostein
post 5.Feb.2013, 01:52 PM
Post #21

Elf_moon, a person that is not even loyal to her own species can probably never be anything but treacherous? Your last post speaks volumes. Now, with this pathlogical lack of loyalty to anything and everything that you display. Why would anyone ever feel loyalty to you? What value can you possibly be to any other person when you would betray them in an instant?
+
entry
post 5.Feb.2013, 01:54 PM
Post #22

QUOTE (byke @ 5.Feb.2013, 01:22 PM) *
How does the culling exactly stop the inbreeding?

We have discussed too many topics over the years for me to believe you are suddenly an idiot and not just doing a wind up here.
+
Elf_Moon
post 5.Feb.2013, 01:56 PM
Post #23

Jostein, in case you missed it, my post was sarcastic. And my loyalty to my species certainly isn't the question here... Though if you had spent the first 12 years of your life in one the worst places in the UK (where rape and murder are like child's play to some people,) you would question the merit of humanity as well...
+
BennyOBenny
post 5.Feb.2013, 02:06 PM
Post #24

I'm going to close my argument with giving 3 reasons as to why Sweden needs to improve it's animal welfare.

#1. Beastiality is legal

#2. No absolute protection for endangered animals (even China does better on that one)

#3. Appalling records at zoos
+
John.Smith
post 5.Feb.2013, 02:28 PM
Post #25

The natural balance of nature is not so 'natural' any longer in Sweden. What I mean is that unless certain animal species are culled, their population size will increase to levels that are unsustainable for both the animals and humans.
A great example of this are elk (moose). Without the annual cull, the elk population would explode as they have no natural predators in abundant numbers to keep the population to an 'organic' level. The number of bear and wolf that would normally keep the elk under control are insufficient to do so. The current untouched forest mass in Sweden is not sufficient to support a large wolf or bear population due to managed forestry etc...

In a way it is a vicious circle, we don't have enough 'wild' land to sustain larger wolf and elk populations, but have too many elk. Both the elk and its predators are however culled anyway.

I am pro-hunting when the object is to eat the animal that you kill and where the culling is actively managed to ensure healthy populations etc... But if the excuse for killing wolves is that they want to prevent inbreeding then why not capture and release the wolf in another part of Sweden or make and agreement with Finland and Norway to *swap* captured wolves. Surely between the Nordics we have enough of a gene-pool to keep a healthy pack population?
+
byke
post 5.Feb.2013, 03:05 PM
Post #26

What has been the European Unions view on such hunts?
Have they backed the idea?
+
BennyOBenny
post 5.Feb.2013, 03:26 PM
Post #27

Just found this.
"The European Commission is asking Sweden to respect EU nature legislation by adequately protecting its wolf population, which is threatened with extinction. The Commission is concerned about several aspects of Swedish wolf policy, and especially about the hunting of wolves when the species is not in favourable conservation status. Therefore, on proposal by Environment Commissioner Janez Potočnik, it has decided to launch a formal infringement procedure by sending a Letter of Formal Notice."

Also,
"Several aspects of Swedish wolf policy raise questions in respect of EU legislation in force. These include:

the unfavourable conservation status of the Swedish wolf population;
the arbitrary ceiling of 210 set for the number of wolves in Sweden;
the licensed hunting of a strictly protected species, without the narrow conditions for derogations set out by EU law being met;
the reduced distribution area for wolves that could result;
the fact that the licensed hunting occurs before the announced introduction of wolves to improve the genetic status has taken place;
the risk that repeated licensed hunting may lead to a multi-annual hunt;
the absence of a management plan for this endangered species."

And John.Smith- yes why not trap and move animals to other areas of Scandinavia? It's a good point.
+
byke
post 7.Feb.2013, 03:33 PM
Post #28

Oh look, its been called off just after it started.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21366625
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 7.Feb.2013, 04:11 PM
Post #29

Culling excess wolves is supposed to stop inbreeding???

Less wolves to breed with one another...doesn't that encourage inbreeding???

Who thinks these thing up???
+
entry
post 7.Feb.2013, 04:45 PM
Post #30

The culling of wolves is done in parallel with a program to introduce wolves from central and eastern Europe. If you kill off some of the brothers and sisters that are screwing each other and bring in wolves from Eastern/Central Europe to expand the potential gene pool this is a sensible solution.

How is it that you do not understand this Gamla? -Paul
+

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists
Click here for the full job description