• Sweden's news in English

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Permanent residence in Sweden

Need urgent help

dashy81
post 4.Feb.2013, 11:10 PM
Post #1

Hej,

I need some information about permanent residence for EU citizen in Sweden that You can get permanent right in Sweden without having had five years of continuous residence if you have worked and resided in Sweden for three years, working in another EEA country, but still staying in Sweden and commute back to your place of residence at least once a week.

Looking forward to hear your quick and accurate response.
Go to the top of the page
+
Case officer
post 4.Feb.2013, 11:32 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (dashy81 @ 4.Feb.2013, 11:10 PM) *
I need some information about permanent residence for EU citizen in Sweden that You can get permanent right in Sweden without having had five years of continuous residence if ... (show full quote)

If you spend at least one night every week in your Swedish home, then you are a Swedish resident as far as the tax authority is concerned. But what is your exact question?
+
Yorkshireman
post 5.Feb.2013, 12:47 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (dashy81 @ 4.Feb.2013, 11:10 PM) *
I need some information about permanent residence for EU citizen in Sweden that You can get permanent right in Sweden without having had five years of continuous residence if ... (show full quote)

No. If you have used the EU Right of Residence to reside in Sweden, then under EU rules it takes 5 years before it becomes a Permanent Right of Residence (PUR).
+
dashy81
post 5.Feb.2013, 12:22 PM
Post #4

@Yorkshireman

My question is that I am from EU country and living in Sweden from 2009 and working in Denmark so I have lived in Sweden more than three years so according to this rule I work in another EEA country and daily come back to Sweden so I am eligible to apply for permanent residence, if not so for which people is this rule.

waiting for your quick reply.
+
bobthedog
post 5.Feb.2013, 12:42 PM
Post #5

You stand a better chance of a qucik reply if you ask a question.
+
Yorkshireman
post 5.Feb.2013, 11:04 PM
Post #6

If You registered your Right of Residence here in Sweden in 2009 then you will automatically have Permanent Right of Residence FEM, FIVE, 5 years after the date of registration = earliest in 2014. It is 5 years, not 3 ...there is nothing to apply for, it is done automatically. If You did not register your right of residence in Sweden, then you will not be given Permanent.

Simple ... 5 not 3.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply
Counselling and Psychotherapy in English
Sometimes living in another culture can cause stress, confusion and feelings of sadness and loneliness. Talking to a professional psychotherapist/counsellor might help you. I am a UKCP Reg. psychotherapist. My practice is in Södermalm, Stockholm.
Contact me to discuss your options