• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Tax on importing a motorcycle

Anyone know how much?

brads
post 5.Feb.2013, 05:34 PM
Post #1

hi i live in Sweden but work in the UK. i wondered if anyone can tell me how much it will cost if i have a motorcycle registered in the uk which i would like to bring over and keep in sweden? is there a set rate on import taxes or can i go somewhere in particular for details on the proceedure and prices?
thanks for any help
Go to the top of the page
+
Case officer
post 5.Feb.2013, 10:08 PM
Post #2

Zero tax? Heard of EU:s single market and free movement of people, goods, services and capital?
+
John.Smith
post 6.Feb.2013, 09:36 AM
Post #3

I thought you have to pay the difference between the UK VAT (17,5% ?) and Swedish MOMs 25%. also you will need to get the bike tested and then registered here if you cannot prove that you owned it for more than 1-2 years... I am little unsure of the exact requirements.. I know that if you have moved here permanently and you owned the vehicle before moving then you are MOMs exempt and just need to pay for registration and testing. Otherwise you pay the VAT difference if it comes from another EU country.

Go to www.transportstyrelsen.se for more information.
+
John.Smith
post 6.Feb.2013, 09:39 AM
Post #4

BTW... it will work out much cheaper compared to buying the bike here in Sweden. I will buy my next bike back home in the UK and import over here.
+
Pursuivant
post 6.Feb.2013, 11:29 AM
Post #5

Zero tax? Heard of EU:s single market and free movement of people, goods, services and capital?

Try moving to Ireland, Norway, Denmark or Finland and they'll make your ears ring wink.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se