• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Looking for long life milk

Milk needed

rbannocks
post 6.Feb.2013, 11:48 AM
Post #1

Does anyone know where I can get some long life milk in Sweden. My searches of ICA, Willys do not find anything. I live a long way from the supermarket and would like some in reserve.

Thanks
Go to the top of the page
+
Willy
post 6.Feb.2013, 12:02 PM
Post #2

The only place I've seen it is Lidl.
+
byke
post 6.Feb.2013, 12:08 PM
Post #3

Just freeze some into ice cubes?
+
entry
post 6.Feb.2013, 12:35 PM
Post #4

byke, I purchase cases of long life milk all the time. I am down to one case now so I will probably have my wife call the dairy department at ICA Maxi to order me a couple of cases.

Generally I purchase the Arla Mellanmjölk 1.5% Fett. I really prefer the 3.0% Fett but it seems to only be offered in small containers and only offers me what I consider a little gulp.

Long life milk is up there with sliced bread on my list. It is great to always have milk handy for cooking or for a nice glass of O'boy. The stuff I purchased in December is good until after 15 May 2013.

Attached Image
+
Gordy
post 6.Feb.2013, 12:55 PM
Post #5

As Willy says the place to go is Lidl they stock both 1.5% and 3.5% fat varieties.

I find the 3.5% fat variety to be much creamier than the 3.0% fat standard Milk so it's primarily on taste grounds that we purchase it, but it is handy to always have a good stock of milk in the house when we don't have a supermarket on the doorstep.
+
Shibumi
post 6.Feb.2013, 01:05 PM
Post #6

Lidl has cheaper brands, but ICA does carry the Arla brand. It looks like this: http://www.arlafoodservice.se/produkter/Mj...llbarhet-15_1l/

It is usually stocked not too far from regular milk in the refrigerated case even though I don't think it requires refrigeration.
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 6.Feb.2013, 01:06 PM
Post #7

You will find long life milk in any store. UHT milk is labelled "lång hållbarhet" and placed among the other milk. Often is is in smaller boxes, similar to cream.

Another option if you want longer due dates is to buy Arla's "Latte Art" milk. It will easily last for a month or two in the fridge.
+
fogelfeifer
post 6.Feb.2013, 01:26 PM
Post #8

Alternatively, you could just put mellanmjolk in the freezer...then it lasts for months!
+
entry
post 6.Feb.2013, 02:09 PM
Post #9

The mellanmjölk is stable at room temperature for more than six months. There is no need to freeze it until you are ready to consume it and like it ice cold(which is my preference). -Paul
+
byke
post 6.Feb.2013, 02:59 PM
Post #10

Why not just follow Heather Mills advice ...
+
Flutterbye
post 6.Feb.2013, 03:19 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (byke @ 6.Feb.2013, 01:59 PM) *

But first you have to catch your rat... rolleyes.gif
Attached Image
+
byke
post 6.Feb.2013, 03:37 PM
Post #12

Some people also milk dogs ...
+
Svensksmith
post 6.Feb.2013, 05:04 PM
Post #13

I think they call it cheese.
+
entry
post 6.Feb.2013, 07:18 PM
Post #14

My depravity was going to run along the lines of a one legged woman but you bringing the conversation down to a discussion about cheese requires me to back off and consider if I wish to engage further.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se