• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

REK envelope. What is it?

Basic questions

rameezh88
post 8.Feb.2013, 11:55 AM
Post #1

Hey guys,

I'm applying to the Indian Embassy for a new passport and they require me to send them somehting called an REK envelope. I don't know what kind of envelope this is exactly. Can anybody help me out? smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 8.Feb.2013, 12:33 PM
Post #2

It is a service that Posten offers. It means that the receiver has to sign and ID himself to pick up the mail. Much safer than regular mail.

http://www.posten.se/en/Private/Send-lette...l-Domestic.aspx
+
Silberfüchschen
post 8.Feb.2013, 12:36 PM
Post #3

I believe it is called Registered Mail in English, see Posten's website:
http://www.posten.se/en/Private/Send-lette...l-Domestic.aspx
+
Yorkshireman
post 8.Feb.2013, 01:41 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (rameezh88 @ 8.Feb.2013, 11:55 AM) *
Hey guys, I'm applying to the Indian Embassy for a new passport and they require me to send them somehting called an REK envelope. I don't know what kind of envelope t ... (show full quote)

If they intend to send back to you the passport via a REK letter, then make sure that You have some other valid ID eg. a Swedish drivers license or ID Card, since you won't be able to use your passport as Id...it will be in the envelope! wink.gif
+
rameezh88
post 10.Feb.2013, 06:42 PM
Post #5

Thank you everyone. All this information was very helpful. smile.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town
Consulting & Productions

We are an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish authorities, Swedish language practice, and general communications.
Call 0731 004 781 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help.
Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply
Counselling and Psychotherapy in English
Sometimes living in another culture can cause stress, confusion and feelings of sadness and loneliness. Talking to a professional psychotherapist/counsellor might help you. I am a UKCP Reg. psychotherapist. My practice is in Södermalm, Stockholm.
Contact me to discuss your options