• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Moving to Sweden with British passport

Never lived in UK

bronte93
post 9.Feb.2013, 05:27 AM
Post #1

I am planning on moving to Sweden in April with my daughter to be with my partner. Our daughter is Swedish/ Australian and I am Australian/ British. I was able to get a British passport as my mother was born in England but I have personally never lived in the UK. Because of this I don't have any social security support from the UK. I am not sure what I have to do to be have the necessary health cover to move to Sweden. My partner and I have only been together for a year and I have no plans to study or work yet as I will be raising our daughter. He has full time employment and is able to financially support me.

Can anyone let me know what I would have to do to live in Sweden permanently?

Thank you
Go to the top of the page
+
oddsock
post 9.Feb.2013, 02:36 PM
Post #2

What passport does your partner have?
+
Case officer
post 9.Feb.2013, 06:52 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (bronte93 @ 9.Feb.2013, 05:27 AM) *
I am not sure what I have to do to be have the necessary health cover to move to Sweden. My partner and I have only been together for a year and I have no plans to study or wo ... (show full quote)

I assume your partner is Swedish since your daughter is and that your partner is a Swedish resident. Apply for a residence permit. With a residence permit you can register with the tax authority to be a Swedish resident also and hence be covered by the social security system.

http://www.migrationsverket.se/info/470_en.html
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se