• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Swedish employment office to open in Ethiopia

Ridiculous waste of money

elina.stene
post 9.Feb.2013, 02:28 PM
Post #1

Why is the government wasting my tax money on this, opening employment offices that aren't even on our own soil, when there are already a significant number of people in Sweden who are ALREADY unemployed and seeking work? Why do they not consult us before doing such ridiculous things?
Go to the top of the page
+
polartwist
post 9.Feb.2013, 02:41 PM
Post #2

What you say elina.stene does make completely sense. It's just like throwing money - our money - in a black hole smile.gif

edit: just waiting for some naive that writes the opposite
+
jostein
post 9.Feb.2013, 03:21 PM
Post #3

Hahahahaha! sweden is really the best joke ever! Hehehe! This is just humour on a galactic scale biggrin.gif Anyone who does not believe cultural marxists are alive and well need only visit sweden biggrin.gif

Anyway, history does not go backwards. Wishing all this evil would go away is pointless. Wishing the fifties back is pointless. Worrying about taxmoney is silly. Lets help the Journalists and the sevenpartyregime and the colonists create a situation where people in sweden worry about the next meal rather than about the size of their paycheck. Then we there can be change. This silliness is another little step in the right direction biggrin.gif Full speed ahead! Rock bottom ahoy! Lets crash this place!
+
elina.stene
post 9.Feb.2013, 04:04 PM
Post #4

Furthermore, why is there no comment section for that article? Perhaps because The Local know it's a pile of crap?
+
jostein
post 9.Feb.2013, 04:33 PM
Post #5

TheLocal seems to be having technical problems with comments on the newspage as of the last six months or somesuch.
+
polartwist
post 9.Feb.2013, 04:35 PM
Post #6

Why to fix the problem don't they hire one of that "foreign excellence" they are promoting on their pages? Now they can also use arbetsformedlingen in Ethiopia! smile.gif
+
Migga
post 9.Feb.2013, 06:57 PM
Post #7

Who greenlit this? Highly educated people are easier to find in California, New York and Boston for example. The kind of immigrants Sweden needs.
+
texaslass
post 9.Feb.2013, 07:07 PM
Post #8

Sweden would not be able to attract workers from California, NY or Boston, unless taxes were drastically lowered.
+
oddsock
post 9.Feb.2013, 07:14 PM
Post #9

And the highly educated people from California and Boston wouldn't be too happy being told to drive taxis and sell pizzas...
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 9.Feb.2013, 07:16 PM
Post #10

They must be recruiting unemployed Swedes for jobs overseas...aren't they? unsure.gif
+
oddsock
post 9.Feb.2013, 07:25 PM
Post #11

Part of the unemployment problem is that some people fresh out college can't find work at their level or in their field.

When I finished college there was no job available for me in my field at that time, so I was a delivery van driver for half a year. I know many who consider doing something like that to be above their station.
+
byke
post 9.Feb.2013, 07:30 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 9.Feb.2013, 07:16 PM) *
They must be recruiting unemployed Swedes for jobs overseas...aren't they? unsure.gif

I was thinking the same thing.
Especially after Swedes were being shipped off to Norway to find work.

I guess they really are scrapping the bottom of the barrel if they start shipping Swedes off to Africa to find work.
+
Yorkshireman
post 9.Feb.2013, 07:38 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (Migga @ 9.Feb.2013, 06:57 PM) *
Who greenlit this? Highly educated people are easier to find in California, New York and Boston for example. The kind of immigrants Sweden needs.

It is all part of a common EU initiative to process the asylum seekers in Ethiopia since there are so many making their way to the EU countries. In many respects it is quite a waste of money because the Arbetförmedlingen people will be trying to match skills and education etc... before those come to Sweden ...but as experience has shown there is a total lack of experience and education, and they haven't addressed the simple question ...do they want to??? Home Office reports from the UK show, exactly the same as Sweden, that those coming out of Somalia have lived most of their lives with absolutely nothing and anything they get from a destination country, even very low benefits, is more than they could ever have had ... they are content with that, they do not share the same desire We have for things... just being able to live safe & fed and raise the families has proven to be the current trend in UK and Sweden ... normally it takes 2 generations for asylum seekers to become productive ...but those from Somalia will take many generations. And honestly ...Why the hell not! They have suffered enough sad.gif

btw ... the b*llsh*t about only wanting skilled workers is ust for the public and media ... there is a consensus across the EU that they do not want to reduce/tighten the work permit regulations, nor immigration in general ... there is concern across the board that the population within the EU is aging rapidly and there will not be enough workers to support that. In addtion to that, like the USA, the EU has become very uncompetitive so needs a pool of low paid resources (US has all the immigrants from Mexico etc...) in order to compete effectively in the world market. It is part of the race to the bottom ...and currently we see that not as an 'economic crisis' as consistantly stated, but as a reduction in Standard of living, which is much needed in order to become competitive again!

Swedish youths are unemployed because they are higher educated, and also demand higher pay than those outside of the EU. I have said it before, and will say it again ... especially in IT, when Swedish companies say there is a shortage of people, what they actually mean is that there is a shortage of people willing to work for th emoney offered! biggrin.gif
+
Migga
post 9.Feb.2013, 08:35 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (Yorkshireman @ 9.Feb.2013, 07:38 PM) *
And honestly ...Why the hell not! They have suffered enough sad.gif

One shouldn`t make policies based on emotional arguments. The only ones that can and should help the Somalis end their suffering are the Somalis themselves.

QUOTE (Yorkshireman @ 9.Feb.2013, 07:38 PM) *
the b*llsh*t about only wanting skilled workers is ust for the public and media ... there is a consensus across the EU that they do not want to reduce/tighten the work permit ... (show full quote)

Amongst the political elite, yes, but not everywhere. Sweden should brake of from this race and not create some new working class. The country that brings the brightest minds together is the ones who will overcome the issue of an aging population.
+
Juniorr
post 9.Feb.2013, 09:14 PM
Post #15

I can sense a spirit of jingoism and fear going on in this forum. I have little to share with fellas in this debate.
But as a communist-sympathiser, I think SOME good points have been raised with regards to this topic.

If a good number of immigrants are currently unable to keep their heads above water, in this country, the idea of opening the door for a general exodus is totally illogical. There are many dents to mend in the work force.

Before you give me fish, show me how to catch fish. With the issue of double-agenda and political propaganda, helps of such nature are not the long-term solutions to African countries' problems. Together when Western Powers help establish a level-playing field in troubled-countries, some of this problems would have been nitched in the bug.

The idea to open an office in Addis is tantamount to inviting ridicule.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se