• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

About a maternity leave position

Should I contact the company directly

AlexMOVIE
post 13.Feb.2013, 10:04 AM
Post #1

Hi, everyone, I just have a question about the job interview, hope you can help me with that.

I have applied a position through some agencies but I don't know if they will finally submit my CV to their client company. But I know which this client company is, so do you guys think if I should try to contact the company directly or not? And it's just a one year maternity leave position. But I really like to get it. So hope you guys can give me some more suggestions.
Go to the top of the page
+
Yorkshireman
post 13.Feb.2013, 06:33 PM
Post #2

If the agency finds out then You might burn that bridge for future use, be careful. The company went to an agency because they either find it too much effort, or dont want, to go through loads of directly submitted CVs. They will have given the agency the selection criterior for the position, and from that the agency will select candidates. If you really want the job, show the agency that You are the one for th ejob, contact the agency and sell yourself... For any job, never just send in a CV, or click the Apply button, without chasing the contact people before (or directly after, applying) ...best before, because then they can give you information that isn't in the advertisement, things to highlight in cover letter and/or CV ...and it leaves Your name in their head when you do apply adding Following our conversation today etc... Agencies get 100s of CVs for single positions, and many from people that just block apply without showing they REALLY want the position.
+
AlexMOVIE
post 14.Feb.2013, 09:41 AM
Post #3

Hi, Yorkshireman, Thanks a lot for your suggestions. Actually I have already participated in the interview and it seems it went very well, at least I think so. I just would like to have some way to make sure that the final company can get access to my CV. But anyway I know it's not that easy. However, thank you so much for sharing your opinions. biggrin.gif
+
CathySky
post 14.Feb.2013, 09:12 PM
Post #4

Don't worry too much about it. If you have gone for the interview with the agency and they have shown interest in presenting your CV further to the hiring company then they will. You can also call the agency after a few days to ask what the current situation is, show some initiative. But never you contact the company directly for the reasons already pointed out above.
+
polartwist
post 14.Feb.2013, 09:30 PM
Post #5

Some years ago I have done that mistake. Well I can tell you that both the recruiting agency and the hiring company got back to me totally upset and they were really glad to refuse my application smile.gif
+
AlexMOVIE
post 18.Feb.2013, 10:03 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (CathySky @ 14.Feb.2013, 09:12 PM) *
Don't worry too much about it. If you have gone for the interview with the agency and they have shown interest in presenting your CV further to the hiring company then the ... (show full quote)

QUOTE (polartwist @ 14.Feb.2013, 09:30 PM) *
Some years ago I have done that mistake. Well I can tell you that both the recruiting agency and the hiring company got back to me totally upset and they were really glad to refuse my application smile.gif

OK, so thank you guys for the suggestions. now I see and hope I could get some good news this week.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com