• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6   Reply to this topic

SD Nazi repatriation policy

Risk to Swedish infants.

cogito
post 18.Feb.2013, 12:09 PM
Post #76

QUOTE (oddsock @ 17.Feb.2013, 03:23 PM) *
You people have a twisted view of reality. It's like FOX News on here.

Fine rebuttal. full of facts and cogent reasoning. FOX!
Go to the top of the page
+
JulieLou40
post 18.Feb.2013, 12:39 PM
Post #77

QUOTE (Garry Jones @ 15.Feb.2013, 05:51 AM) *
Message to all SD nazi voters. Just suppose your beloved SD Nazis get their way. The 1.33 million people (14.3% population) that are foreign-born are kicked out. Let us also s ... (show full quote)

Who's to say that most of those 2.5 million American Swedes weren't born in the U.S and have U.S nationality? It's hardly like the population of Sweden went down by 2.5 million in recent years because of a mass exodus, and then you think America would kick them all back.
As far as I understand it, if you're born in America, you're entitled to American nationality...so most of what you term the American Swedes in this scenario are probably plain ol' American, and that's all. So a panic isn't really justified, is it?

QUOTE (Garry Jones @ 16.Feb.2013, 04:26 PM) *
> To the OP... I am curious 51% of who exactly? The people blessed with the vote?Many people identify with their own nationality. I was born English and that I remain. I ch ... (show full quote)

Now you're beginning to sound like that person beginning with "T" who we have had a pleasant rest from recently... wink.gif
+
oddsock
post 18.Feb.2013, 03:15 PM
Post #78

The Dutch government tried, about 8 years ago now I think, to force all Dutch citizens of allochthonous (their word) ethnic backgrounds to attend special integration courses where they would learn how to be Dutch. This included learning things like if you should send your new neighbours a gift, or just a card, when they have a new baby.

The EU struck it down, because according to European treaties EU citizens living in the EU are free to live where they want without having to attend integration courses. And Dutch citizens living in the Netherlands are EU citizens living in the EU.

The Dutch government really lost it for a while, it was really bizarre. I imagine that we will be seeing similar BS in Sweden in the next 5-10 years or so. It all seems eerily familiar to how it all started out in the Netherlands about 10-11 years ago.
+
Yorkshireman
post 18.Feb.2013, 03:39 PM
Post #79

QUOTE (oddsock @ 18.Feb.2013, 03:15 PM) *
The EU struck it down, because according to European treaties EU citizens living in the EU are free to live where they want without having to attend integration courses. And D ... (show full quote)

EU citizens may well be able to live where they want without integration courses, but they are not free to live where they want! Only if you are economically active, direct or indirectly does that apply with the overriding clause that one is not going to be a burden to the member states welfare system.

QUOTE (oddsock @ 18.Feb.2013, 03:15 PM) *
The Dutch government really lost it for a while, it was really bizarre. I imagine that we will be seeing similar BS in Sweden in the next 5-10 years or so. It all seems eerily ... (show full quote)

I doubt this very much. Since in theory the EU citizens are economically active, so contribute towards the country one way or another, but what we might see is a tightening of the conditions to become a Swedish Citizen, maybe there there could come a language and/or test requirement. Which is beyond EU interference.
+
oddsock
post 18.Feb.2013, 04:51 PM
Post #80

EU citizens may well be able to live where they want without integration courses, but they are not free to live where they want! Only if you are economically active, direct or indirectly does that apply with the overriding clause that one is not going to be a burden to the member states welfare system.

You know that's what I meant. You are nitpicking again.

Also, in this case it was Dutch citizens already in the Netherlands, so it didn't matter if they were economically active or not.

So, bizarrely, it was the EU who had to remind the Dutch government that they weren't allowed to discriminate against their own citizens.

The Dutch were trying to retroactively force people who were already Dutch citizens to attend integration courses. A woman I know has a Dutch mother and Afghan father. She is a Dutch citizen from birth (it is her only citizenship) and has lived in the Netherlands since her first birthday. Dutch is her first language and she speaks it with a heavy Dutch accent like her mother. The Dutch government did a search of birth cities in their national database and everyone born in places like "Tehran", "Kabul", "Ankara" and "Casablanca" were sent letters asking them to attend integration and language courses. She was 34 when she got this letter. She was in tears. This is what happens when people like SD get near the levers of power.
+
Yorkshireman
post 18.Feb.2013, 05:17 PM
Post #81

QUOTE (oddsock @ 18.Feb.2013, 04:51 PM) *
So, bizarrely, it was the EU who had to remind the Dutch government that they weren't allowed to discriminate against their own citizens.

Not that unusual, it is because within the EU there are 2 types of citizenship, that of the Member State and the implied EU Citizen. The EU court could only go in against those measures with regards EU Citizens, not specifically Dutch, but EU citizens in total (including Dutch).

There are lots of things the member states are only just learning over the years with these directives, especially freedom of movement biggrin.gif ...eg. If a Swedish Citizen uses their freedom of movement to become a resident in another Member State ...the Swedish Citizen must be entitled to exactly what they had before they left the country, in respect that ...using the Freedom of Movement to leave Sweden should not have any detrimental effect upon return, otherwise it is a restriction of Freedom of movement biggrin.gif ...it gets complicated!

btw ... the Dutch still went ahead with the integration requirements and exams, just EU Citizens are excluded, but they are pushing the EU stating that issues are growing where it is clear that even economic migrants within the EU should have to have integration into the member states they move to... question is how many other countries will support that!
+
oddsock
post 18.Feb.2013, 05:32 PM
Post #82

btw ... the Dutch still went ahead with the integration requirements and exams, just

They did, but their attempt to force existing Dutch citizens to retroactively attend integration courses was struck down by the EU as discrimination against EU citizens in the EU.

I think that whole era of bullshit is thankfully now starting to recede again in Holland. I fear however that we are now seeing the start of it in Sweden...
+
what would thomas paine d...
post 18.Feb.2013, 05:37 PM
Post #83

"...letters asking them to attend integration and language courses. She was 34 when she got this letter. She was in tears. This is what happens when people like SD get near the levers of power..."

As long as people are experiencing gross neglect by state healthcare, the above is an absolute joke by comparison.
+
intrepidfox
post 18.Feb.2013, 05:48 PM
Post #84

Garry the OP get on your bike!
+
Ivor stephé
post 7.Feb.2014, 12:03 AM
Post #85

Well things are heating up in Dalarna in regards to "Nazi" values.

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?...artikel=5776591
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 7.Feb.2014, 12:24 AM
Post #86

Thank God for Dalarna!!!

The traditional keepers of the Swedish peoples beliefs and culture...
+

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN