• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Volvo to cut another 1000 jobs

Not good for Sweden

byke
post 20.Feb.2013, 02:37 PM
Post #1

More jobs to go from Volvo announced.
Not good.

SWEDISH VERSION :
http://www.dn.se/ekonomi/1000-jobb-bort-fran-volvo-pv

ENGLISH TRANSLATION :
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...t-fran-volvo-pv
Go to the top of the page
+
Hamsterdam
post 20.Feb.2013, 07:22 PM
Post #2

No not good for employment in Sweden but as Volvo cars is a Chinese owned company in a market that is struggling all over the world, again what do you expect? Compare Volvo to many, France for example and they are doing relatively well.

You really need to get some economic knowledge before you make statements. rolleyes.gif
+
Rick Methven
post 20.Feb.2013, 08:13 PM
Post #3

OK byke,

Finally we all have to agree, Sweden has become the most depressed third world country the world has ever seen.

Your posts of recent days has finally convinced me of the truth of life in Sweden. You can not eat the food or breath the air without a serious risk to health. The strength of the kronor is killing the economy etc.etc.

Suffering from a bout of sever depression brought on by these posts of your, alerting me to the dire straits that I have landed in by moving to Sweden, I toyed with the idea of topping myself or emigrating to somewhere with brighter prospects.

Having looked at a few tourist brochures, I have finally made my decision and have paid the grand sum of 1,090 KR for a visa to emigrate to Afghanistan, which, from your posts, I can clearly see offers me a much better life than I can ever expect if I remain in Sweden

+
byke
post 20.Feb.2013, 08:17 PM
Post #4

Attached Image

+
byke
post 20.Feb.2013, 08:59 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Hamsterdam @ 20.Feb.2013, 07:22 PM) *
No not good for employment in Sweden but as Volvo cars is a Chinese owned company in a market that is struggling all over the world, again what do you expect? Compare Volvo to ... (show full quote)

late as on Tuesday reported cases of car sales of 16.8 percent. Drop was almost twice as large as the European average.
+
Hamsterdam
post 20.Feb.2013, 09:32 PM
Post #6

100% of 0 = 0

Learn economics and look at the bigger picture. You have plenty of time on your hands, put some of it to some good use.
+
Yorkshireman
post 20.Feb.2013, 10:13 PM
Post #7

And that averages are averages ...

Swedish toal market fell by 15.9%, so Volvo did more or less the same. In the UK the total market rose 11.5% ... In the EU ...Ford sales -25%, Toyota -16% and Jaguar +26% smile.gif

I would suspect that to have any real impact, the majority of the 1000 will be consultants, since the whole purpose of hiring in on contract is that you can be flexible and react quick to market conditions, if they have done their contracts correctly, then there will be at least a maximum of 2 week notice period. I would expect the permanent positions to be re-employed somewhere else, ohmy.gif China maybe! This won't be the last ...remember, the CEO did say there would be a spreading out of jobs under the new leadership ...business speak for saying, we cannot say that we will reduce jobs in Sweden and other European countries because employment lawyers and Union agreements could accuse us of making decisions before consultations! wink.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com