• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
26 Pages V   1 2 3 > »    Closed Topic

swedish men are strong, not weak

*TheTeenageDiplomat*
post 4.Oct.2006, 09:42 PM
Post #1

I know that we have discussed this before, but I think that there are a lot of interesting things to say on this issue. A lot of the people I have talked to are talking about how swedish men are weak, and how they have lost control, and stopped being men etc. I see it just the opposite way, we are strong, because we are willing to part with the old role, and give women the influence they deserve. Sweden will be stronger with free men and women, not with free men only. However the rights for men could improve quite a bit in Sweden too. Anywho, my point is that letting go of control is strong and not weak. So that's my solution to swedish men for being strong 8)
Go to the top of the page
+
Leonard
post 4.Oct.2006, 10:03 PM
Post #2

Are you the same teenage diplomat that used to be here with 3000 posts always giving silly opinions and answers. I could have sworn you were a girl last month.
+
*TheTeenageDiplomat*
post 4.Oct.2006, 10:05 PM
Post #3

Do you have anything of substance to contribute with?
+
*Brave New World*
post 4.Oct.2006, 10:42 PM
Post #4

ODE TO A SWEDISH MAN

He appeared many thousand years ago
A Swedish man, strong like steel tender like a snowflake

He raised his hand and the others followed through ice, wind and snow,

How he fought, brave and firm
A stone could have cracked but he was stronger
Nothing on this earth could do him harm.

He sailed all over oceans and seas and killed many sea monsters in a life and death battle

Whenever he moved birds followed him and animals looked at him with awe.

But one terrible day
SHE appeared

A demon in the woman form

She said, "Your time is over my friend. I am a feminist
goddess. I will drink up your blood and make you tame like a tomcat.

What a disaster for a strong Swedish man
His power trickled away like a river in a hot summerday

Since that day you can see him with his head bend down
Walking the street in death silence

He is still remembering the beautiful time
which will never come again
+
*TheTeenageDiplomat*
post 4.Oct.2006, 10:54 PM
Post #5

I don't see any risk in letting go of control to give women the same influence. Sweden will be stronger with men and women side by side together. Some men seem to be afraid of this.
+
Muttlestar Galactica
post 4.Oct.2006, 10:59 PM
Post #6

I'm with you on this. Equality can only do good...but I still wish women would make up their fecking minds which direction they're driving or walking in and that doorways are not resting/pausing zones !!!

:twisted:
+
FR
post 4.Oct.2006, 11:10 PM
Post #7

That's a pretty good poem. smile.gif
+
Asbo
post 5.Oct.2006, 07:27 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (TheTeenageDiplomat)
I know that we have discussed this before, but I think that there are a lot of interesting things to say on this issue. A lot of the people I have talked to are talking about how swedish men are weak, and how they have lost control, and stopped being men etc. I see it just the opposite way, we are strong, because we are willing to part with the old role, and give women the influence they deserve. Sweden will be stronger with free men and women, not with free men only. However the rights for men could improve quite a bit in Sweden too. Anywho, my point is that letting go of control is strong and not weak. So that's my solution to swedish men for being strong 8)

I wouldnt say Swedish men are weak, but some (majority in Stockholm, as ive not visited any other city) have definately lost what i would call their measculinity. But then maybe it depends where you grew up I come from an old fashioned northern city in England, were if you drink a half pint you are classed as 'fruity' and if you spend more then 15 minutes getting your haircut you may as well be gay.

Perhaps i should get with the times?
+
jessl
post 5.Oct.2006, 07:40 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (TheTeenageDiplomat)

Could not have said it better myself! And I aslo agree with your good points which you made about smoking biggrin.gif
+
Rellstar
post 5.Oct.2006, 07:41 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (Carry On Mutley)
I'm with you on this. Equality can only do good...but I still wish women would make up their fecking minds which direction they're driving or walking in and that doorways are not resting/pausing zones !!!

:twisted:

Oh man how true. And why do they have to sit diagonal on seats on the bus and tube thus taking up 2 seats. :evil:
+
jessl
post 5.Oct.2006, 07:43 AM
Post #11

QUOTE (Asbo)
I wouldnt say Swedish men are weak, but some (majority in Stockholm, as ive not visited any other city) have definately lost what i would call their measculinity. But then maybe it depends where you grew up I come from an old fashioned northern city in England, were if you drink a half pint you are classed as 'fruity' and if you spend more then 15 minutes getting your haircut you may as well be gay.

Perhaps i should get with the times?

So you say that if you do not drink, your are weak?? It is nothing wrong with wanting to look good , even if you are a man. Youn say that you are British;then what do you got to say about David Beckham?
+
Goodiedaddy
post 5.Oct.2006, 07:44 AM
Post #12

I support Teenage diplomat. Anyway, what is the big deal about control?
Relax, live as you like, as long as you don't hurt people or interfere with their way of life!
+
Asbo
post 5.Oct.2006, 07:47 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (jessl)
So you say that if you do not drink, your are weak?? It is nothing wrong with wanting to look good , even if you are a man. Youn say that you are British;then what do you got to say about David Beckham?
+
Asbo
post 5.Oct.2006, 07:48 AM
Post #14

QUOTE (jessl)

Me personaly? i think Beckham is a big girl!
+
Asbo
post 5.Oct.2006, 07:50 AM
Post #15

QUOTE (jessl)

I am just giving an example of where i come from, and just drinking doesnt make you a real man. I wouldnt call a man who drinks a Cosmo a real man.
+

26 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed Topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com