• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »    Reply to this topic

Do Swedes like Black people?

More than Arabs

Juniorr
post 23.Feb.2013, 11:10 PM
Post #1

Many years ago there were few black people in Scandanavia.
Now there are at least 1/2 blackmen living in every town or village in Sweden.

Do Swedes think black people, preferably Africans, are more accommodating or welcoming than Arabs?
What do you think of blackmen (pls your honest opinion)?
What do you think of Arabs?
Go to the top of the page
+
polartwist
post 23.Feb.2013, 11:24 PM
Post #2

Oh no please, another flame war today no... I'm tired smile.gif
+
jostein
post 23.Feb.2013, 11:25 PM
Post #3

I do not have a clue. But if you collect the opinions of all and every "Swede" (i bet your definition is different from mine, we people all look alike to you folks, no doubt) and then feed them to excel, you will make sense of it.

Personally, i dislike black people less than i dislike Arabs. Arabs are powerful and organized enough to do real colonisation. They are also united in their (in my opinion) vile religion. Their religious organisations back home help their colonisation of my ancestoral lands with advice, infrastructure, ideology and moneys. Black people are more happy-go-lucky-visitors. Talented black people are often members of the international class of professionals that are the backbone of european cities. This class bothers noone, im all in favour of their right to exist. They have their habitat, they are a threat to noone.
"Not so taleneted black people" are great educators in the negatives of immigration. Footsoldiers in the movement, as it were. So i do not much mind them either.

Then again, black people is merely an etnicity. Or rather, "black people" is a european definition. According to africans, there are hundereds of people within the term "black people". My hunch is that "black people" have greater genetic variation between them than the variation between eurpeans and indians?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_groups_in_Africa

Not to mention, "black people" in sweden will die off by themselves due to lack of sunlight and lack of bodyfat and braggard biological systems when the hard times come. Me and mine have huge advantages in the competition with "black people". So i feel little ill will toward "black people". There is no need.
+
polartwist
post 23.Feb.2013, 11:27 PM
Post #4

Can I ask what black people think about us white?
+
jostein
post 23.Feb.2013, 11:51 PM
Post #5

Tidbit:
Black man used to be termed "Blåman" in swedish and in old norse. It is the term used in the bible until the 1990ies when it was exchanged for "Nubian" in the parable of Jesus: Can the leopard change its spots? Can the "blåman" change his skin?

The english word "black" comes from old norse "Blå" which was at a minimum used to denote the color black. Wether it was used for blue as well is not known today. The famous danish king "Harald Blåtand" should be read as "Harald Blacktooth". Which kind of puts a kink in his legend.

Another word for "Black" in old scandinavian is "Brun", meaning "dark", "Obscure", "of evil intent". However, I know of no use of "brun" to denote africans.

In prechristian times, it was considered especially beneficial to sacrifice dark-skinned victims at Disavägen 8 and hang them from their feet in the holy tree every seventh year. But then again, skincolor was secondary, my ancestors were most tolerant.
+
Svensksmith
post 23.Feb.2013, 11:59 PM
Post #6

Do all black people act the same? All Arabs? All Swedes? Better to take each person on an individual basis, don't you think?
+
djmarko
post 24.Feb.2013, 09:09 AM
Post #7

Once upon a time, this forum was a great source of information of how expats and immigrants can settle in Sweden, these days, it has been turned into a purely political forum, very boring if you ask me
+
Coolrunnings
post 24.Feb.2013, 09:38 AM
Post #8

Eritrean food is great, try it. People from there are generally easy to get along with. Somalians have a bad reputation though and quite rightly so.

Eritreans are far more enterprising, peaceful and easier to deal with than arabs in general, but this is a subjective opinion. I avoid arabs like the plague and with good reason. Happy now?
+
dave.smith
post 24.Feb.2013, 10:34 AM
Post #9

My buddy Amjad (who is a doctor) is well-liked by Swedes and non-Swedes alike. Although raised Muslim he managed to break free and become Westernized. He doesn't observe Islam, drinks alcohol, parties with our group of friends, and speaks fluent Swedish and English, is married to a Swedish woman, and does not agree with Sharia law, and is not pro-terrorism.

The exact opposite of jostein's anti-Muslim immigrant rantings, in fact.
+
Svensksmith
post 24.Feb.2013, 12:46 PM
Post #10

If I may speak for him, I think Jostein's rants are anti-Islam as opposed to anti-Muslim. As your friend does not follow Islam, your point is moot.

Islam has two faces. One, very peaceful. The other, not. One of my most favorite students of all the students I've encountered in 30 years of teaching, is a Muslim. He is absolutely the nicest, kindest and most likeable person that I have ever met. If all Muslims were like him, the world would smile. Of course, then there are others who stuff bombs in their underwear or behead those who don't believe as they do.
+
CathySky
post 24.Feb.2013, 01:10 PM
Post #11

This thread is ridiculous to say the least! Whether Arab, Black, Chinese, British etc..does it really matter?
You are all forgetting that we are all immigrants in Sweden regardless of race!!

Fact.
+
vicky7
post 24.Feb.2013, 01:12 PM
Post #12

The local is becoming a very boring forum with the same boring users talking about the same boring topics. Go to some swedish racist website and give your boring rants there instead!
+
Juniorr
post 24.Feb.2013, 04:24 PM
Post #13

"The problem of the twentieth century is the problem of the color line," thus speaks W.E.Dubois.
I will draw my life for illustraion, as Du Bois drew his: I encountered more comments on racism from Arabs than Swedes.

I am a black, or coloured if you like; but the only Swede that I met who applied a bit racist comment was in a bar. And believe me if I say this: I smiled at him, because I guessed it was not his fault. He wanted to say 'Hi' to me (from a distance, coz we met the other day there), but he doesn't know my name. Then he says (supposedly he was drunk) 'ehh my friend..black man..how are you'. I said gave him a smile and replied positively to him.

I didn't think he was being racist, when compared to a Morrocan (who thinks he is better than me, because his color was white) who says 'yes' he agrees that I am very tactical in football, 'but' I am 'black'. He laughed and later says he was joking.
I am a well travelled young man in his midst 20s, but honestly to my opinion I think many Arabs are a bunch of racist nonentities. Again not all Arabs, but a majority of them; and speaks volume of who they are.

Attached Image

+
intrepidfox
post 24.Feb.2013, 04:36 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (djmarko @ 24.Feb.2013, 09:09 AM) *
Once upon a time, this forum was a great source of information of how expats and immigrants can settle in Sweden, these days, it has been turned into a purely political forum, ... (show full quote)

Today this forum is just a "help me" forum concerning MV not a discussion side.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 24.Feb.2013, 04:46 PM
Post #15

Why did you omit Black and Muslim racist websites?

QUOTE (vicky7 @ 24.Feb.2013, 01:12 PM) *
The local is becoming a very boring forum with the same boring users talking about the same boring topics. Go to some swedish racist website and give your boring rants there instead!
+

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town
Consulting & Productions

We are an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish authorities, Swedish language practice, and general communications.
Call 0731 004 781 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help.
Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply
Counselling and Psychotherapy in English
Sometimes living in another culture can cause stress, confusion and feelings of sadness and loneliness. Talking to a professional psychotherapist/counsellor might help you. I am a UKCP Reg. psychotherapist. My practice is in Södermalm, Stockholm.
Contact me to discuss your options