• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

Syrian in Sweden, migration or Asylum

#asylum # Migration # Syrian # Sweden

Khaldoun CG
post 25.Feb.2013, 09:44 AM
Post #16

QUOTE (goodnight @ 25.Feb.2013, 09:17 AM) *
I think most better places are Saudi Arabia, Dubai, Egypt, pakistan or some other muslim countries.. Depends on u where u like to see u.

I had very bad experience in Saudi.
Dubai (are not giving visas for Syrians)
Egypt : (is not stable)
Pakistan (I've escaped from Syria because of the stupid people who were sent to fight there and I am not ready to see anyone of them anywhere else)
Muslim Countries ( I don't want to grow my kids in a place where people are untreated equally because of their religion or beliefs, I want my kids to live peacefully and respect everyone else without asking about religions and this is what we've experienced in the Islamic countries
Go to the top of the page
+
johnjohn
post 25.Feb.2013, 10:32 AM
Post #17

I am not an expert. I however believe that in regards to asylum the rules have been you cannot shop around for places to live. If you are in a safe haven then asylum in Sweden is not possible. As for migration, it is possible but difficult. The best thing to do is to contact Migrationsverket.se or the nearest Swedish embassy or consulate. Here you will find the information needed whereas in this forum you will find useful information but sometimes useless information with a touch of hate and racism thrown in.
+
Khaldoun CG
post 25.Feb.2013, 11:00 AM
Post #18

I totally agree with you in the point you mentioned about the information which are provided in the forum, I would like to thank you for directing me to the right place where to get useful information about asylum and migration. really appreciate your advice.
+
Skugglegend
post 25.Feb.2013, 04:58 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (Khaldoun CG @ 25.Feb.2013, 09:30 AM) *
Listen Dear, I was thinking seriously to move to Sweden but after seeing your comments (I dont mean Migga) I think that you won man and I cant think anymore about moving my fa ... (show full quote)

Well I don´t think Swedish people hate you. I´m very grateful to be born in Sweden and I´m aware of how lucky I am. I feel sorry for you and for all people who lives in countries where they have to suffer. Sweden is a safe country for reasons but It doesn´t mean we must save the world. Sweden contribute in many ways and take responsibility.
+
snarky
post 25.Feb.2013, 05:13 PM
Post #20

In my experience with refugees here, they are unhappy with the way of life in Sweden. I am an immigrant and came here under different circumstances, am I unhappy at times, yes of course, but the refugees I have met are considerably more unhappy. At the Swedish language course I attended, I would hear every single day how frustrating it was for them. And I also noticed that the male teachers were more hateful toward male refugees, it was quite strange. Anyway, people attending included several refugees from Syria. Doubt this helps, but it was what I experienced and it was sad.
+
Khaldoun CG
post 25.Feb.2013, 05:14 PM
Post #21

QUOTE (Skugglegend @ 25.Feb.2013, 04:58 PM) *
Well I don´t think Swedish people hate you. I´m very grateful to be born in Sweden and I´m aware of how lucky I am. I feel sorry for you and for all people who lives in cou ... (show full quote)

I agree with you. but at the same time I can see that your government is allowing people to asylum and they really know that when everything will get stable back in these countries these people will move back each one to his country.
+
vicky7
post 25.Feb.2013, 06:21 PM
Post #22

Seriously, why do you want to come to Europe? People like you are never happy in European countries. All the refugees I've come across are bitter and have personal problems with Swedish society. You'll be more happy among likeminded people in some oriental country. And it's true, Swedish people are tired of taking in more problems.
+
Coolrunnings
post 25.Feb.2013, 06:52 PM
Post #23

Honestly... Swedes hate refugees, especially arabs. Your people are at the bottom of the social hirarchy and with good reason. If you were somebody in your country, you will become a nobody here. People like you often end up as taxi drivers, unemployed and drinking coffee all day, running yet another small shop or working as a petty criminal. Not being racist, this is a fact of life. What you want to do is your problem, but I think you'll be more happy in a country which is more like your old homeland...
+
icedearth
post 25.Feb.2013, 07:08 PM
Post #24

Oh please stop the madness! Stop playing the role of the victim!

Your president has oppressed the Muslims for many years. Not only that, but he also destroyed my country, Lebanon, every time your president and Iran wants to turn the eyes of the international community to somewhere else; they use Hizbellah to bomb Israel for their own agenda. Moreover, he bribed Lebanese politicians to take decisions that is good for his own agenda than their own country.

I remember I was 11 when a Syrian solider shoot at my mom's car while I was waiting in the car because she took the spot of a highly piece of crap ranked Syrian lieutenant.

I remember I was 17 when when a solider stopped me and made me stay in my underwear to search me because I did not salute him when I was attending my football training in my city Beirut and in my neighborhood.

I remember when my brother got slapped on his face because he did not stopped at a check point because it was dark and he did not see anyone there...

A Syrian guy installed my cable 2 years back and he told me he have not seen his father 20 years ago. He does not know if he is alive or dead. He and his family sent to Canada, and every month he gets a cheque from the Syrian government.

Please stop saying muslims in the Gulf Council Countries will abuse you when there are many Iranians are striving as Engineers and as Business owners. Remember the mother of your president passed away peacefully in Dubai, and his sister is living peacefully in Dubai.

Yes now the GCC woke up and realized what the Iranians want to do with the region. They have every right to defend it.

What do you expect from people you treated them like animals for many years? Your president turned them to savage animals and they will react like them. Remember Islam has nothing to do with revenge, but when the army of your president is raping girls every day , these people will rape them back .You and your alike will do the same.. revenge has no religion...

I hope you and your family land safe in Sweden or in any safe country, but I really hope you will be mistreated like your president mistreated his own people so you know how he made them feel.

good luck...
+
Khaldoun CG
post 25.Feb.2013, 07:15 PM
Post #25

QUOTE (vicky7 @ 25.Feb.2013, 06:21 PM) *
Seriously, why do you want to come to Europe? People like you are never happy in European countries. All the refugees I've come across are bitter and have personal problem ... (show full quote)

QUOTE (Coolrunnings @ 25.Feb.2013, 06:52 PM) *
Honestly... Swedes hate refugees, especially arabs. Your people are at the bottom of the social hirarchy and with good reason. If you were somebody in your country, you will b ... (show full quote)

I agree with both of you guys, you might be generalizing but it is the truth & I do feel shy of what Arabs usually do. it might be one of the reason why I am trying to get away from this region with my family as I grow up with a lot of friends from Europe, Australia, US & NZ, but of course I am not going to Sweden anymore because I can see the hate that you have against us.

I wish that nothing happened to Syria and I hate freedom that made us reach to this point where I and my family are out of my country finding no place to go to, we lost everything we have inside there, we just came out with what we could sell and a lot of memories.

Thanks again for opening you hearts and being honest at least I know now that Sweden won't be a safe place for my family to live in.
+
Khaldoun CG
post 25.Feb.2013, 07:26 PM
Post #26

QUOTE (icedearth @ 25.Feb.2013, 07:08 PM) *
Oh please stop the madness! Stop playing the role of the victim!Your president has oppressed the Muslims for many years. Not only that, but he also destroyed my countr ... (show full quote)

I am not sure why me & my family should be mistreated for someones else mistakes & crimes? who told you that we did not suffer from this criminal (the president) and his mafias? who told you that we were not forced to leave our lands and houses in syria because of the Free Syrian army ( Jabahto Al Nosra ) only because of our religion (just to mention we are not Alwais & not Shaias so dont judge please) .. we are the victim of both sides,,, we also suffered a lot before this all happened,but I will stop cause I am not here to tell you about we suffered from during the last 40 years.

Thanks a lot for the kind wishes
+
EthnicDravidian
post 25.Feb.2013, 08:37 PM
Post #27

Dear Khaldoun CG,

I didn't want to comment on this post because of two reasons.

1. I am not a Swede
2. I don't live in Sweden anymore.

But many have bullied you, showed some mercy, asked you to not come, welcomed etc., etc., But i have friends from Syria in Sweden who are studying here, they are my BEST friends during my two years stay here. I used to hang out with them all the time. And i literally cried holding them, when i had to return back. Why am saying this is, I KNOW the ground reality of how things are going on in Syria, it's a pity, it's a muslim invasion there if people know it or not here. I sincerely ask you to think and re-think before going to Sweden, I am saying 'Go' because of the benefits they have for assylum seekers, if you don't mind getting bullied in the future , it's upto you. But you never know, i made very nice friends (Swedes) for life. I am still in touch through skype and they are planning to come over to India this summer. Eagerly waiting for that. But it took a while to get to know them, get to know the culture, and if you are a muslim, YES it is very difficult to integrate in a swedish society, as others suggested, you are MOST welcome on paper and media, but there are some idiots like some here in the discussion who are dead against you coming. So if you feel like you can endure the shame, be surprised how nice Swedes can be, aware of how long it takes to integrate, be bewildered by the money you get from the Govt., you are welcome/unwelcome. So think really carefully and go to Sweden !!

On a personal front its more easier to integrate into Sweden if you are used to Christian Culture.

Best,
EthnicDravidian
+
Khaldoun CG
post 26.Feb.2013, 05:46 AM
Post #28

Dear Davidian:

Thanks a lot for your comment, I understand each and every point you mentioned,because I used to live in Russia 8 years ago and I had some good and bad experience with the locals, some of them used to treat us very badly and most of them were very kind and helpful. we can not generalize. and I also didn't have any problem with their life style, I agree it is different but no thing to worry about as far as you have an open mind to accept & respect others and their way of life, by the end we are guests and we must respect the country where we are visiting.

Let's see what will happen, I believe it is a very interesting topic to keep following up with but I just removed the idea of going to Sweden from my mind.
+
jazzzon
post 26.Feb.2013, 11:44 PM
Post #29

Dear Khaldoun

I understand that whats currently going on in Syria must be beyond my imagination. But to be able to assist you it would be helpfull if you could be a little more specifik about your current questions an concerns, like many others before me already forwarded. I don´t know if this is the right forum for that. If you send me an email i´ll try to answer your questions the best i can with regards to the current legislation.
jason.ohalloran1@gmail.com

Best regards, Jason
+
Khaldoun CG
post 27.Feb.2013, 12:07 PM
Post #30

Thanks Jason for your help, I already send you an email and I am waiting for your reply.

Best Regards
+

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com