• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Swedish police solve less crime

Apparently due to "difficult" crimes LOL

byke
post 26.Feb.2013, 02:27 AM
Post #1

I wont say anything on this story and let you read it yourself laugh.gif

SWEDISH VERSION (ORIGINAL) :
http://www.metro.se/nyheter/polisen-klarad...FNhBEwoiFEBQIg/

ENGLISH TRANSLATION :
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...hBEwoiFEBQIg%2F
Go to the top of the page
+
unionisten
post 26.Feb.2013, 08:40 AM
Post #2

your such a muppet
+
John.Smith
post 26.Feb.2013, 09:19 AM
Post #3

This was the mental image I had.

Attached Image

+
byke
post 26.Feb.2013, 11:57 AM
Post #4

As shown previously, it can take 2 officers "many days" to reunite lost cats biggrin.gif

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/world/swed...ats-349252.html
+
AW1
post 26.Feb.2013, 12:48 PM
Post #5

Chasing lost cats or dealing with the downright stupid...

Article in the Telegraph last year:

- A woman who dialled 999 after being bitten on the finger by a hamster.

- Two 999 calls from men with hangovers following a night out.

- Afternoon calls from patients who had injured themselves the night before but did not feel it at the time as they were drunk.

- A woman who phoned 999 saying she had a bad hand wound and was bleeding heavily. In fact she had a minor scratch from her cat and was worried it might become infected.

- A man who complained of a back problem after visiting his GP and receiving ointment to rub on his back. When ambulance crew turned up, he answered the door and the staff asked: “We thought you had a back problem?”
The man replied: “I have. I haven't got anyone to rub this ointment on my back.”

- A man who complained he was suffering stomach pains at a pub in the centre of Cardiff. When ambulance crew took him to hospital, he jumped out, said “thanks for the lift, mate”, and ran off.

Full story: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law...-999-calls.html
+
byke
post 26.Feb.2013, 02:02 PM
Post #6

And that has what to do with Swedish news and the police in Sweden failing to solve ever more crime?
+
mångk
post 26.Feb.2013, 02:07 PM
Post #7

Byke do you understand what the article is saying???

Or is it yet another case of...Attached Image
+
byke
post 26.Feb.2013, 02:15 PM
Post #8

I fully understand what the article is saying.
I just wonder why you hate public news to be discussed? are you anti Swedish? Or anti foreign for that matter?
+
mångk
post 26.Feb.2013, 02:25 PM
Post #9

So how do you propose that the police solve internet and sms fraud that originates from other countries given the sharp rise in the reporting of such crimes?

Do you commend the Swedish police for the steep reduction in violent crimes in public places?
+
byke
post 26.Feb.2013, 02:33 PM
Post #10

Who says I propose advice on police management?
I posted a link to a national police story which clearly shows stats unfavorable to policing in Sweden.

As for, do I commend Swedish police for a steep reduction in violent crimes in public places?
Is there any evidence to show such a uniquely defined scenario has anything to do with the police?
Murder seems to grace our front pages ever more, maybe that doesnt count as it done in non public places (like Malmo at night time) LOL
+
Abe L
post 26.Feb.2013, 02:44 PM
Post #11

I'm confident they put down excellent numbers for pulling over people on highways going =< 10km/h to fast and in general scored high on the government revenue ladder for issuing bullshit speeding tickets.

Otoh as Sweden and Stockholm specifically is terrorised by a highly trained army of rentacops for issuing parking tickets and intimidating people in the subway the only real police work left is far to scary and dangerous.

Sometimes I wish the local kommun or government agencies could act as fast on matters of real importance as the parking guys can when you park 5cm to close to a corner.
+
mångk
post 26.Feb.2013, 02:47 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (byke @ 26.Feb.2013, 02:33 PM) *
Who says I propose advice on police management?. I posted a link to a national police story which clearly shows stats unfavorable to policing in Sweden.

So a 1% reduction in the total number of reported crimes is clearly unfavourable to the Swedish Police.

Couple that with a 8% reduction in the number of reported violent crimes in public places is again clearly unfavourable?

Further a significant increase in the reported number of internet and sms frauds with origins off-shore is also clearly unfavourable?

Isn't it correct to say that there is insufficient information and data presented in the article from which to draw any real conclusion?

For example exactly what is the percentage of the total reported crimes which have origins off-shore?
+
skogsbo
post 26.Feb.2013, 02:49 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (byke @ 26.Feb.2013, 02:33 PM) *
Who says I propose advice on police management?I posted a link to a national police story which clearly shows stats unfavorable to policing in Sweden.As for, do I commend Swed ... (show full quote)

I presume any negative articles you find are 100% correct and those which are positive you believe are flawed? wink.gif
+
Rick Methven
post 26.Feb.2013, 03:05 PM
Post #14

I wonder if Bye has anything to say about the met massaging crime detection rates by 'persuading women who reported sexual assault to drop the case in order to have more solved cases on the books.
This sharp practice lead to a husband who had been reported to the police by his wife, not being investigated. He then went on to kill their 2 kids.

Or as it is not in Sweden, maybe it does not come up in his Google search
+
DavidNiven
post 26.Feb.2013, 03:20 PM
Post #15

I can believe it. My credit card was used fraudulently to pay for flights and hire car hire by someone. I called the airline and asked who booked it and they said they only gave that information to the police. The police instantly closed the investigation as it the crime occurred on the internet, and was thus too hard to investigate!
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com