• Sweden's news in English

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Swedish weather is so crap

Dont you think?

unionisten
post 2.Mar.2013, 06:56 PM
Post #1

I think the weather is so bad in sweden it must be the worst weather in the world
Go to the top of the page
+
polartwist
post 2.Mar.2013, 08:41 PM
Post #2

Hmm... The country can be divided into three types of climate. Maybe you picked the wrong one.
+
PDX
post 2.Mar.2013, 08:53 PM
Post #3

Which part of Sweden? The horizontal rain in Göteborg was not too pleasant, but other then that, the weather and the seasons are just awesome.

~~~PDX~~~
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 2.Mar.2013, 09:44 PM
Post #4

Why is it, that people complain about the weather, but never do anything to change it?
+
John.Smith
post 2.Mar.2013, 09:47 PM
Post #5

I disagree. There is no bad weather, just bad clothes... Or so I have been told. We dont want no stinkin foreign weather here!
+
johnjohn
post 2.Mar.2013, 09:56 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 2.Mar.2013, 09:44 PM) *
Why is it, that people complain about the weather, but never do anything to change it?

Ever hear of climate change?
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 2.Mar.2013, 10:01 PM
Post #7

Tell the OP, that should make him/her happy.
+
oddsock
post 2.Mar.2013, 10:28 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (PDX @ 2.Mar.2013, 08:53 PM) *
Which part of Sweden? The horizontal rain in Göteborg was not too pleasant, but other then that, the weather and the seasons are just awesome.. ~~~PDX~~~

yes, winter, autumn and then winter again
+
Svensksmith
post 2.Mar.2013, 10:38 PM
Post #9

Worst weather in the world. You've never been to St. Louis on a hot July day.
+
Elf_Moon
post 2.Mar.2013, 11:04 PM
Post #10

Haha, maybe you guys should try countries where the very ground is ripped up from under you biggrin.gif I can't imagine those tornado storms or hurricanes in America are very nice.

I'm happy with the weather in Sweden, I simply love love love snow smile.gif I've taken every opportunity to play in it like an overgrown child- I do get rather odd stares and some people have taken to photographing me while I make snowmen but... Yeah... Swedes don't seem to like the snow so much.
+
Hisingen
post 3.Mar.2013, 12:29 AM
Post #11

Having followed the weather reports from the UK and seen the havoc created there, I feel that we here - on the west coast at least - have been spared one hell of a lot of inclement weather. In fact my simple day-to-day statistics over the past ten years show that last year - despite many days of rain - was the driest for four years.
Make of that what you will. But I feel that our weather has been better than that 'enjoyed' in the UK of late.

When you keep records, however simple yet regular, you get to see how things are from year to year and can look back and actually compare the figures. A whole day of just light rain seems very wet, yet amounting to just a few mm. is vastly 'wetter' than when you get 50mm falling in a couple of hours.You really notice the difference.

I will say, though, that in all fairness, on the whole Sweden is no better or worse than any other country in this part of the world. Weather has no national boundaries, whatever you might think.
So in comment to the OP - No - I don't think, and in agreement with the foregoing post - USA's Tornado Alley must be one hell of an area in which to live during just the tornado season.
+
skogsbo
post 3.Mar.2013, 07:58 AM
Post #12

Variety, still winter now, so a few more weeks skiing, within 2 months we will have day after day of sunshine, maybe.
+
klubbnika
post 3.Mar.2013, 08:28 AM
Post #13

Definitely crap. But not the worst in the world though.
+
Hisingen
post 3.Mar.2013, 03:57 PM
Post #14

If all that you want is sunshine and sand, then you can always B***** off to the Sahara. cool.gif
+
unionisten
post 3.Mar.2013, 03:57 PM
Post #15

oh i thought this forum was only for negative things about sweden. laugh.gif
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply
Counselling and Psychotherapy in English
Sometimes living in another culture can cause stress, confusion and feelings of sadness and loneliness. Talking to a professional psychotherapist/counsellor might help you. I am a UKCP Reg. psychotherapist. My practice is in Södermalm, Stockholm.
Contact me to discuss your options