• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Swedish Permits and the Uphill battle.

What options do you have?

swenic
post 5.Mar.2013, 04:39 PM
Post #1

I have been living in Sweden well past my schengen zone allowance time. I do know this is not a good thing and allot of individuals here would not appreciate it. However!

I am in the process of applying and obtaining my EU citizenship in another country as one of my parents was born inside the EU. I'm am one of the lucky ones as in due time I will not be somewhat illegal in Sweden and I will soon be able to get my personal number and become an active part of society here. People always ask me how I have manged to stay so long in Sweden without a Swedish personal number and as an individual entering on a tourist visa, for me it has been easy as I work in I.T and wherever I have an internet connection I have the ability to make money and get paid. Realistically I break no laws in living here as all my income is made in countries outside of Sweden.

Prior to going through the long and hard process of obtaining my eu citizenship (which is almost in my sweet little hands) I tried every option I could exhaust to obtain a work permit, residency permit and even a sambo visa. None of which i could get while in Sweden. Every time I tried to apply I was shutdown. Is it just simply impossible to get a permit of any type while in Sweden? I found this process of trying to obtain a visa just daunting and heart-breaking. Every option I took, I was told to go back to my home country and apply there but the problems was, I couldn't just simply return to my home country without being banned from Sweden and possibly Europe for overstaying my schengen allowance time.

What would of you done in my situation? leave Sweden, the girl you love (I have a Swedish g/f) and all your friends? to be banned and fined? I don't understand why Sweden makes it so hard for non-eu citizens to obtain a visa while in the country. I am a business professional and hold a bachelors degree, I have done volunteer work here just because I appreciate the people, I speak reasonably good Swedish, all my income is earned outside of Sweden, my girlfriend is Swedish and I do nothing wrong besides embrace, appreciate and love this country, yet they want to ban me for this? they want to make it impossible for me and all the other people in my position to get a permit of some type.

I am writing this post to ask the board here a few question. Is it literally impossible for non-eu individuals to get any form of permit while in Sweden? I have a friend who is not lucky enough to have a parent apart of the EU and has fallen in love but overstayed their schengen allowance. She tried all the options I did, yet was shut-down like me.

Thanks.

I do apologize if my situation angers anyone on these boards.
Go to the top of the page
+
PDX
post 5.Mar.2013, 04:54 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (swenic @ 5.Mar.2013, 05:39 PM) *
Realistically I break no laws in living here as all my income is made in countries outside of Sweden.

Sorry to break your illusion, but by not declaring your income and paying taxes to Sweden you are committing a serious offence (according to Swedish law). Whether you get paid by a Swedish or foreign entity is irrelevant.

~~~PDX~~~
+
PDX
post 5.Mar.2013, 04:57 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (swenic @ 5.Mar.2013, 05:39 PM) *
I am a business professional and hold a bachelors degree, I have done volunteer work here just because I appreciate the people, I speak reasonably good Swedish, all my income ... (show full quote)

They want to ban you for violating the very clear rules of the visa that they (or another Schengen country) issued you before. What else do you want them to do, issue you another visa so you can "overstay" it while not paying taxes etc again?

~~~PDX~~~
+
swenic
post 5.Mar.2013, 04:59 PM
Post #4

All the work obtained is outside of Sweden and done internationally, no income is earned in Swedish currency. I pay taxes in the country i obtain the work from. I would be more then happy to pay taxes here if I was directed on how to do this. I just want some advice and is it even possible to pay taxes here without a PN?
+
PDX
post 5.Mar.2013, 05:01 PM
Post #5

The currency is totally irrelevant. Making moronic statements like that one makes me think you really deserve deportation.

Do you really think someone is conspiring against you and trying to prevent you from paying taxes ? Call the police, admit to massive tax fraud and see where that takes you - I am sure you'll get to pay it all.

~~~PDX~~~
+
swenic
post 5.Mar.2013, 05:13 PM
Post #6

Well I was unaware of this, I have overstayed by 3 and half weeks but entered on a tourist visa which allowed me 90 days stay. I did not know i had to pay taxes and will get the issue resolved as soon as i can. I just wanted some advice not to be told i am a moron.
+
johnjohn
post 5.Mar.2013, 05:14 PM
Post #7

You pay taxes in the country you live in. You have and are committing tax fraud as well as immigration violations. Getting caught you are screwed.
+
swenic
post 5.Mar.2013, 05:24 PM
Post #8

So basically when i come for a holiday to visit my gf from america and did work for clients back home that i had to pay taxes in sweden while still entering on a holiday visa? i was totally unaware and this has been a shock to my system. I had no idea. What is the best option for me to take right now? should i just return home? hope for the best?
+
johnjohn
post 5.Mar.2013, 05:32 PM
Post #9

You implied you were living here. 183 days or more per year is the amount considered by Skatteverket.
+
swenic
post 5.Mar.2013, 05:39 PM
Post #10

I have been living (you could say staying) here, I have been here over 90 days, (nearly 120 days). From what i have been told i am only allowed 90 days in the schengen. I have been trying to apply for a permit for the last two months but been told i cannot do this while in sweden and wish to know is there any other way, besides returning home? In regards to paying taxes, how do i pay tax without a PN as I have been told i can only get one with a visa or permit.
+
johnjohn
post 5.Mar.2013, 05:45 PM
Post #11

There is no way except to apply from home. As an overstayer expect a 5 year Schengen ban.Skatteverket will gladly take your money without PN.
+
swenic
post 5.Mar.2013, 05:47 PM
Post #12

ok, thankyou. If my eu citizenship comes through in the next week will i still be subjected to this ban?
+
johnjohn
post 5.Mar.2013, 05:50 PM
Post #13

That is another kettle of fish which I do not know.
+
snarky
post 5.Mar.2013, 05:53 PM
Post #14

Swenic - what you need to do, is get out of Sweden and the EU. Go to a country where you can apply from. If you do get caught, once you apply for a visa they will deny you. You do need to leave as quickly as possible - plain and simple. Did you even ever try to apply for a sambo visa?

As far as the taxes are concerned, how would they ever know you were working while on holiday visa here, unless you were getting your money into a Swedish bank account. For example, I get paid from a US company, but I direct those funds into my Swedish bank account, because I live here permanently and am required to pay taxes here, etc. But I am the one that had to tell them I was working here and then we worked it out on how I was to proceed.
+
swenic
post 5.Mar.2013, 05:53 PM
Post #15

Thankyou very much for your help johnjohn.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se