• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Got an e-mail from the Swedish Migration Board and

It's really confusing. Help?

maemae-
post 18.Mar.2013, 01:32 PM
Post #1

"Hej

Tack för ditt mejl.

Migrationsverket har tagit emot ansökan den 9 februari 2013. För närvarande är uppskattad handläggningstid 5 månader. Ansvarig handläggare är ***name of person***

Med vänlig hälsning

Mattias *******
Migrationsverkets kundtjänst

English:

"Hi

Thank you for your email.

The Swedish Migration Board has received the application on 9 February 2013. Currently, the estimated turnaround time 5 months. Administrated is ****name of a person***

Yours sincerely

Mattias *****
Migration Board's Customer Service

The reply above was received today to my boyfriend's e-mail (he's in Sweden).

"Dear Sir

Thank you for your mail.

The estimated processing time is 5 months.

Sincerely yours

Mattias *******
Swedish Migration Board"

And, the short reply was sent to my e-mail today.
(I'm not even a sir. :-p)
Now, I am confused. He only sent the name of the person that would administer our application and we're not even sure if this will be our MV and if yes, how are we supposed to contact our administrator? (I already checked hitta.se and there are a lot of person with the same name like the person who said to be our administrator) Also, why I didn't received the same e-mail like they send to my boyfriend?

Any ideas about this matter? Don't hesitate, tell us! :-)

Thank you so much in advance.

Mae.
Go to the top of the page
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 18.Mar.2013, 01:49 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (maemae- @ 18.Mar.2013, 01:32 PM) *
Now, I am confused. He only sent the name of the person that would administer our application and we're not even sure if this will be our MV and if yes, how are we suppose ... (show full quote)

You simply call Migrationsverket customer service and ask for your case officer. Hitta.se only gives private numbers and I'm sure you case officer will not like if you call him at home.

However, you are not supposed to contact your case officer. You just have his name in case anything does not go according to plans.
+
goodnight
post 18.Mar.2013, 01:57 PM
Post #3

@ maemae-

From ur writing it seems like u understand everything and other hand it seems like u dont. U have very much complaints about MV it is very much natural. Because we all think same way about MV the way u r thinking right now. Asking questions is good to MV. But not too much questions. Because desperate action will hamper ur processing time nothing else.

MV dont care about anything. It is very much clear that processing time is minimum 5 months and it could be taking more time if MV needs. No where written MV have to decide about ur case within 5 months. But for projection or understanding they put minimum processing time which is 5 months.

Thats y i wrote u before that calm down ur self and think twice before ur action. Because u r not the only person who is suffering from MV.

Dont take anything personally.

Cheers.
+
maemae-
post 18.Mar.2013, 02:19 PM
Post #4

Thanks for the answers.
EDIT: I meant case officer instead of MV here: "we're not even sure if this will be our MV"
+
maemae-
post 18.Mar.2013, 03:30 PM
Post #5

@goodnight

Yes, I understand about the processing times. On the other hand it's very important for me to get it as soon as possible because I have job offers pending and IF there would be any ways to make the application better or faster, we're willing to waste the time to find out that.

By now we already know your opinion, you don't come up with anything new and when we do contact them we try to have good and relevant questions. We do think twice before we contact them, why would we ask for help in a forum for example if we didn't?

And by the way, Dude, we asked this questions few weeks ago and the answer just came today which probably you don't have any idea about.
+
cherrybubble
post 18.Mar.2013, 03:45 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Bender B Rodriquez @ 18.Mar.2013, 12:49 PM) *
You simply call Migrationsverket customer service and ask for your case officer. Hitta.se only gives private numbers and I'm sure you case officer will not like if you cal ... (show full quote)

Seconded.

OTOH, if the job offers came after you applied and are not mentioned in your application, I think this is relevant information and that you guys could call and inform your case worker about this. Can you call the MV switchboard and get an email address for your caseworker instead?

I wish I had more/better answers for you, this waiting game can't be easy.

Good luck and I hope things work out for you. smile.gif
+
maemae-
post 18.Mar.2013, 03:58 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (cherrybubble @ 18.Mar.2013, 02:45 PM) *
Seconded. OTOH, if the job offers came after you applied and are not mentioned in your application, I think this is relevant information and that you guys could call and infor ... (show full quote)

Hello! We just called the MV and the lady told us about our case officer's details and which place our application got handed in, it's in Växjö.

Thank you and yes, hopefully! smile.gif
+
MissMurray
post 19.Mar.2013, 02:13 PM
Post #8

Do you get a case officer before or after you get an interview date?
+
friendonlyyours
post 19.Mar.2013, 04:28 PM
Post #9

That email is from MV customer service as you did the query before to them. Your case in MV a month and more and you are panic think about me I am hanging down on a rope from 9+ months (You can have a baby in this time tongue.gif) only my fault is that I am in Sweden and already have visa. Try to get your visa officer contact info if it is assigned then write to him but pending job offer is not valid excuse for them who told you apply job before visa but you can try may you have better luck? Already MV minister is going to have bad time. tongue.gif If you case is in MV Stockholm unit then you have to wait may be couple of months more tongue.gif ...!

http://www.thelocal.se/46814/20130319/

Best of luck.
+
goodnight
post 19.Mar.2013, 05:20 PM
Post #10

@ friendonly... Det är ganska bra ide att om hon är gravid.
lol.

She (maemae-) dont understand and she will panic and will panic. She is having this nature from the beginning.
(friendonly..) u r waiting here 9+ months and I had to wait 10 months to complete whole process within Sweden.But u gave a good idea of making baby process. lol

smile.gif)
Best of luck with panicking
+
maemae-
post 19.Mar.2013, 10:46 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (MissMurray @ 19.Mar.2013, 01:13 PM) *
Do you get a case officer before or after you get an interview date?

@MissMurray: I got a case officer before I get an interview date.

@friendonlyyours: Thanks! The case officer said that I could try to send a priority application but we already know that nothing would happen but hey! there's no harm on trying. Right?
Also, the time for extension(when you are in Sweden) is estimated to 9 months and 5 months for web-based application.You can still be in Sweden while you are waiting for the visa renewal.
Thanks!

QUOTE (goodnight @ 19.Mar.2013, 04:20 PM) *
@ friendonly... Det är ganska bra ide att om hon är gravid.lol.She (maemae-) dont understand and she will panic and will panic. She is having this nature from the beginning. ... (show full quote)

@goodnight Hey! I ain't even panicking, seeing you put comments like this makes me feel more eager to go to Sweden. Are you scared that I might take your job, if you have one? Oh! Guess what!? I already have 2 job offers waiting for me (with not enough experience and I'm only 20) and what about you? Sitting there in front of your computer and insulting people? Also, you don't have any idea what the hell is going on and you're telling me that I am panicking and I'm having this kind of nature from the beginning? Dude, what the hell is your problem? You are passive and bitter, you wont go anywhere in life with that attitude. Well, good luck with that attitude.:-)
+
Case officer
post 19.Mar.2013, 10:58 PM
Post #12

Good luck with your application smile.gif
+
maemae-
post 19.Mar.2013, 11:14 PM
Post #13

@case officer: Thank you. smile.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN