• Sweden's news in English
The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Transfer money from UK to Sweden

What is the best way to do this?

Peter Thomas
post 19.Mar.2013, 02:33 PM
Post #1
Joined: 31.Jul.2012

I will soon be transferring money from the sale of a flat in the UK to Sweden. I have bank accounts in both countries. I want to know what are the best options, with regards to safety (eg exchange company going bankrupt while money is in transit) and best rates. What experiences have people had? Amount is not huge but around £60k
Thanks in advance
Go to the top of the page
post 19.Mar.2013, 02:59 PM
Post #2
Location: Stockholm
Joined: 2.Aug.2011

Open GBP account in your bank in Sweden, transfer your cash to it, then convert at an appropriate time? Seeing the recent development of SEK vs GBP, it may be better to delay the conversion... unsure.gif

Go to the top of the page
post 19.Mar.2013, 05:30 PM
Post #3
Joined: 2.Nov.2008

Above suggestion is a good idea, even if there might be a charge associated with holding a GBP account.
Go to the top of the page
Peter Thomas
post 19.Mar.2013, 10:05 PM
Post #4
Joined: 31.Jul.2012

Thanks for the above. I'll look into that.
Go to the top of the page

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:


PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply
Counselling and Psychotherapy in English
Sometimes living in another culture can cause stress, confusion and feelings of sadness and loneliness. Talking to a professional psychotherapist/counsellor might help you. I am a UKCP Reg. psychotherapist. My practice is in Södermalm, Stockholm.
Contact me to discuss your options