• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

I need a dentist

Brit in Stockholm

citiflyer
post 19.Mar.2013, 05:00 PM
Post #1

I need a dentist. I've broken a tooth and it probably needs taking out and replacing. I'm very nervous about dentists.

Does anybody have a rough idea of cost and whether the dentist can sedate you should you wish?

Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page
+
PDX
post 19.Mar.2013, 05:04 PM
Post #2

Instead of sedation you will likely get a local anaesthetic. You can see some prices here:

http://www.citydental.se/priser.asp

Extraction of a tooth 670 - 2500 depending on the complexity. An implant will be a few thousand.

~~~PDX~~~
+
Hamsterdam
post 19.Mar.2013, 06:11 PM
Post #3

If you have personal mummer then go to your local tandvård place. They will accommodate an emergency visit.

If no PN then go private, not much difference in price.

Whatever you do, don't go to City Dental. They are butchers. The worst dental place ever.
+
lumpina
post 19.Mar.2013, 06:37 PM
Post #4

Hej!

I probably had something similar a couple of months ago, part of my tooth just came off. I went to the local folktandvården.

http://www.folktandvardenstockholm.se/

Everobody there were very nice, they repaired the tooth and I paid roughly 3500 because they had to cleaned my root channels first. If you are registered with Forsakringskassan, they returned you part of the costs but you must go over 3000 SEK.
+
Hisingen
post 19.Mar.2013, 08:57 PM
Post #5

Talking of dentists always brings to mind that sketch on TV with Les Dawson as the dentist giving an anaesthetic to the patient, only sticking the needle in his own leg instead.
Now THAT would be a dentist to avoid.

Best of luck any way. biggrin.gif
+
Monark540
post 19.Mar.2013, 09:41 PM
Post #6

Here's a link for good emergency dental care in case you still are looking:

St. Eriks

I've used them twice before I signed up with a dentist in my neighborhood. Their prices are the same as a local dentist unless its a emergency visit after 7 pm or on a weekend. I think that they will use an appropriate amount of anaesthetic, especially if you describe your concerns.
+
smithdavidus
post 3.May.2013, 05:45 AM
Post #7

I think you visit the local dentist. There are a big directory of dentist. It was helpful to you for searching a best dentist.
+
chloeff
post 3.May.2013, 05:14 PM
Post #8

I think after almost two months he would have gone by now.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town
Consulting & Productions

We are an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish authorities, Swedish language practice, and general communications.
Call 0731 004 781 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help.
Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply