• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Relocating from Malmo to Stockholm

Transport gear myself or use a removalist?

mixeh
post 20.Mar.2013, 07:27 AM
Post #1

Hi everyone,

I currently live in Malmo, but I am relocating for another job in Stockholm in a month.

I have accumulated bits and pieces of furniture, not too much, a couple desks, chairs, a lot of other electrical work equipment as well as all my other clothes and junk.

I'm wondering what people suggest for transporting all this to Stockholm. I'm thinking I might be best hiring a van/stationwagon and transporting it myself and dropping off the car when I get up there.

Has anyone done this? would I be wiser relying on removalists? Can anyone suggest any cheap rental places/removalists?

So many questions!

Thank you guys, this site is great!
Go to the top of the page
+
PDX
post 20.Mar.2013, 07:34 AM
Post #2

This depends on how much your time is worth. With the moving company, they pick up your stuff in the evening in Malmö and deliver it to you in Stockholm next day at a convenient time. Meanwhile, you take the short flight yourself.

There are plenty of moving companies, try Google for that.

The other option, it will be around 8 hours of driving in a larger van, plus a couple hours to load/unload it yourself. Then, either a drive back to leave the van at the original location, or you leave it in Stockholm and pay a somewhat significant fee to do this.

~~~PDX~~~
+
skogsbo
post 20.Mar.2013, 07:53 AM
Post #3

car hire and a box trailer, some petrol stations rent out both. Or as said, hire a van. It might depend on how happy you are driving or reversing a trailer and access at either end.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN