• Sweden's news in English

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Post office is retarded!

Sort it out you idiots

benton
post 20.Mar.2013, 08:30 PM
Post #1

Ok, so i have been having most of my mail forwarded here from the uk for the best part of 2 years, Post cards, letters, official documents etc. My online orders, web shopping as you will.

Can some one please explain to me why i cannot pick up my mail, even though i have My Name and address, Id cards galore, AND the reference number that the post office themselves text me to my phone saying my packet is ready for collection.

Firstly when i order things online to my address i expect them to be posted to my address, thats the point of the postal service right?? apparently not. For the last 12 months everything seems to get sent to the local post office in Ica shopping mall, so i have to collect manually, Pain in the ass. and they never leave a card so often i have just had to go and check in the hope my official letters have arrived and not robbed I.e Passports etc !!

Then to top it off, today im not allowed to pick up my post, as my name is written Tom on the letter, yet my ID card says Thomas.

Are you kidding me? !!!!!

After questioning, unless its the same name on your ID you might as well be a hobo off the street, and the clerk tells me "its for my own safety"!!! You Jerk!!

Well what about the last 10, MR T.S xxxxx deliveries????, No Thomas written there????? Just good ole T.

I should just go by the name "MR T" in that case. Or shall i just change It to BA Baracus and raid the milk fridge at ICA

Retarded jobsworths.

Sort it out you idiots and sent my mail to my house not the local supermarket !!!!!!!!!!

Thats what I paid for!!!!
Go to the top of the page
+
PDX
post 20.Mar.2013, 08:45 PM
Post #2

Thats what I paid for!!!!

No, you did not. First, you paid the post to be delivered to a Tom, not Thomas.

Secondly, you paid for the post to be delivered to the nearest office or representative as the Posten sees convenient. If you do want the post to be delivered to you personally, there is a service offered for this globally by the post offices, called EMS International Express. This is what you use when you want the postman to hand in the package to you personally.

Now, speaking about the idiot... unsure.gif

~~~PDX~~~
+
intrepidfox
post 20.Mar.2013, 08:57 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (benton @ 20.Mar.2013, 08:30 PM) *
Firstly when i order things online to my address i expect them to be posted to my address, thats the point of the postal service right??

Use DHL, they come to the door. The post office will only deliver an item that can fit through the letter box otherwise their mopeds/bikes would have to be lorries instead, with the amount they would have to deliver.
+
PDX
post 20.Mar.2013, 09:07 PM
Post #4

Not, true, all postal offices have a system of delivery to the door, it is called EMS. You pay for it separately, but it is still handled by post and guaranteed to be delivered to the recipient.

~~~PDX~~~
+
intrepidfox
post 20.Mar.2013, 09:21 PM
Post #5

Yes but how much does it cost? A normal packet is not delivered to the door
+
PDX
post 20.Mar.2013, 10:12 PM
Post #6

The original issue was about delivery of packages to the recipient by post. The postal service EMS guarantees that.

It's price is cheaper than DHL for private persons, in my experience.

~~~PDX~~~
+
Max Reaver
post 20.Mar.2013, 10:27 PM
Post #7

The ways packages are handled at ICA are crazily inconsistent. You find all varieties between "no need for ID" to "unless it's exactly the same name".
+
polartwist
post 20.Mar.2013, 10:30 PM
Post #8

Last month I was able to pick a letter at ICA even if my last name on the envelope was wrong biggrin.gif
I just smiled to the lady, sometimes works smile.gif
+
Hisingen
post 20.Mar.2013, 11:28 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (PDX @ 20.Mar.2013, 08:45 PM) *
No, you did not. First, you paid the post to be delivered to a Tom, not Thomas. - - - -. - - - - Now, speaking about the idiot... unsure.gif . ~~~PDX~~~

You should be aware of the fact that in Sweden Thomas does not normally get shortened to Tom as in the UK, thereby that corresponds here to two different people. So don't go getting steamed up about the personnel, because if they do not know you personally, they are acting correctly. ICA staff do, however, often seem to work to a different set of rules to the one-time post office staff, but they are guarding their own backs against being accused of laxity.
The more you get riled, the more they will defend their position, I'm afraid.
Personally I have never had a beef with either the postal staff or ICA staff, perhaps because I don't get too upset about their rules, and always endeavour to be both tolerant and polite to them. Could it be that it helps?? cool.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply
Counselling and Psychotherapy in English
Sometimes living in another culture can cause stress, confusion and feelings of sadness and loneliness. Talking to a professional psychotherapist/counsellor might help you. I am a UKCP Reg. psychotherapist. My practice is in Södermalm, Stockholm.
Contact me to discuss your options