• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Problems with landlord

Any suggestion?

polartwist
post 25.Mar.2013, 04:13 PM
Post #1

Hello!

I recently moved in a new apartment, really nice area on the paper but I'm always in Crapmö. I won't tell you about people sneaking into the well-closed garage and breaking the windows of the cars parked, maybe in another post.

Since December I'm having several problems with this recently built apartment: a really annoying noise from the kitchen's fan is keeping me awake all night (it is a 1 room flat), and when the lady that lives upstairs uses the bathroom I hear water dripping on my ceiling. The noise is really strong and during the night it wakes me up.

I have called the company that is handling the apartments and they went and check already in December. About the first problem they told me "Tomorrow we fix it". They are really kind, but the problem is still there.
About the second problem: they won't act until they see marks of water on the ceiling. I don't have a degree in Architectures, but I guess that if a false ceiling is present, I will never see any mark. And if the false ceiling is full of water it might also crack.

What can I do in this case? Is there any in-between step before to call a lawyer? I'm tired of the whole situation, and find another first-hand contract here is a "mission impossible".

Thanks.

edit: I have sent them several e-mails, a rude guy also went and check stuffs a couple of times and all the time he closed the felanmäl as solved. Tired of being cheated on.
Go to the top of the page
+
PDX
post 25.Mar.2013, 04:44 PM
Post #2

Ear plugs from the pharmacy. Very effective and you'll sleep better than ever before rolleyes.gif

̃~~~PDX~~~
+
polartwist
post 25.Mar.2013, 05:00 PM
Post #3

PDX: I was thinking about that, but then the landlord have to deduct the cost from the rent wink.gif
+
RedCreamSodas
post 25.Mar.2013, 05:17 PM
Post #4

You could move somewhere else.
+
polartwist
post 25.Mar.2013, 05:24 PM
Post #5

Not easy to move somewhere else and I don't want something temporary again: in 2 and half years I have already changed 4 apartments.
+
intrepidfox
post 25.Mar.2013, 05:52 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (PDX @ 25.Mar.2013, 04:44 PM) *
Ear plugs from the pharmacy. Very effective and you'll sleep better than ever before rolleyes.gif . ̃~~~PDX~~~

Do not buy them as they are rubbish. My girlfriend snores like hell and they don´t work. The best place is a building firm to buy them. Cheaper and more effective.
+
johnjohn
post 25.Mar.2013, 06:58 PM
Post #7

Perhaps an arrangement with Intrepidfox's girlfriend? He no longer would have to contend with her snoring while at your place she would mask your noise problem. A win win situation.
+
intrepidfox
post 25.Mar.2013, 07:06 PM
Post #8

That sounds like a good solution laugh.gif
+
polartwist
post 25.Mar.2013, 07:27 PM
Post #9

LOL biggrin.gif
+
intrepidfox
post 25.Mar.2013, 08:15 PM
Post #10

I can send her today, she´s really cute but damn i need a good night sleep biggrin.gif
+
Max Reaver
post 25.Mar.2013, 11:07 PM
Post #11

LOL biggrin.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com