• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Looking for spec repair shop in Stockholm

Need to repair or change the frame of my specs

Mumsweden
post 26.Mar.2013, 12:19 PM
Post #1

Can anyone recommend where to repair spec in Stockholm at a reasonable rate? Lenses are perfectly fine, just need to change the frame or to repair it.
Go to the top of the page
+
PDX
post 26.Mar.2013, 12:46 PM
Post #2

The lenses are cut specifically for the frame. So if the frame is completely broken (i.e. in pieces), you'll have to get new eyeglasses.

If it's about e.g. a lost screw from the hinge or a bent frame, any eyeglass shop will help you with no charge or for a small fee at most. There are no separate repair shops...

~~~PDX~~~
+
Mumsweden
post 26.Mar.2013, 01:26 PM
Post #3

Thanks for your help PDX.
+
Johno
post 26.Mar.2013, 02:11 PM
Post #4

If they are plastic lenses they can be readily ground down and fitted to frames meant for smaller lenses. I have had it done at Specsavers in the UK. (Specsavers are in Sweden of course)
+
friendonlyyours
post 26.Mar.2013, 04:41 PM
Post #5

But in Sweden its not possible. If glasses are broken you can't repair from spec shops. Most of the companies are foreign companies like specsavers is UK's company they made and fix all glasses from UK here they just sell it. So they don't bother to take that broken mess and send it to UK, if you love your glasses much they can do it for you may be for new glasses price. I even tried a private spec in rinkeby I was damn sure that they will put glass in a new frame but they said yes we will do in 1000 SEK. If your frame is plastic one may be you can find some glue from JULA from 10 SEK and repair yourself.

In Sweden one should have to be really careful with teeth and eyes stuff its cost much.
+
intrepidfox
post 26.Mar.2013, 04:53 PM
Post #6

Not being funny but wouldn´t it be cheaper just to buy a new pair at Spec Savers. Progressive lenses with frames is no more than 800:-
+
Johno
post 26.Mar.2013, 05:06 PM
Post #7

But in Sweden its not possible. If glasses are broken you can't repair from spec shops. Most of the companies are foreign companies like specsavers is UK's company they made and fix all glasses from UK here they just sell it. So they don't bother to take that broken mess and send it to UK, if you love your glasses much they can do it for you may be for new glasses price. I even tried a private spec in rinkeby I was damn sure that they will put glass in a new frame but they said yes we will do in 1000 SEK. If your frame is plastic one may be you can find some glue from JULA from 10 SEK and repair yourself.

Take most of this with a pinch of salt. Specsavers send everything to the UK - I dont think so. The first glasses I had from them they made in the shop in 2 hours. Specsavers prices quoted on their web sites for the same glasses UK v Sweden are surprisingly similar.

I replied to what the lady asked for. Re the above, who knows what kind of lenses they are, when she didnt say.
+
Mumsweden
post 26.Mar.2013, 06:19 PM
Post #8

Thanks for all your help and precious time to answer my question. Will surely find it out at Spec Savers.
+
Johno
post 26.Mar.2013, 06:23 PM
Post #9

Good luck !
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se